Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    At least he won't win

I am gonna make bets / predictions.
    Gervase is gonna go in the final 2 / 3 but his edit clearly says why he won't win. That's why we're seeing so much of him and his early attitude. It's a safe bet, so far, considering past edition. Or I'm wrong and he'll be blindisided being a fool I am trying ok ?
    I do remember Tyson from his season, but his edit is ... strange so far. Kind of a nice edit, and remembering his last apperance, I can't put my finger on it but it's strange. Not a winner edit yet, but not too far from it.
    As is Hayden's edit. He will not win, and I bet he's gonna make at least a stupid move And I bet he'll be blindsided.
    Candice and hubby aren't going to last long. The immunity idol clue sealed his fate. I think she was stupid !
    We're seeing way too much of Monica. She's getting on my nerves. Don't ask me why, I wish she was voted out now. Maybe Colton will show her the way of how to go out ? I wish he'll be gone like now ! I hated him the first time around, same thing second time around.

I am also in wonder about the "blood" team not winning anything. Would it be possible for them to lose all challenges ?
    Last edited by MarieM; 09-30-2013 at 11:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I used to not hate Rupert. But as he came back for each Survivor trip, I just felt he became more arrogant and egotistical, which completely turned me off. Very first time he was on I thought he was a riot. Each time he came back, I liked him less and less.
    This is my feeling exactly.

vCash
    Have they already started filming "Survivor 28: Rupert vs 3rd Graders"?

vCash
    They should do a Rupert vs Russell. Only with these two. And forget about them

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    Have they already started filming "Survivor 28: Rupert vs 3rd Graders"?
    Survivor 67: Just When You Thought Rupert Had Died of Old Age
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

vCash
    67 ? Mhhhhhh it would be in what, 40 seasons, 2 per year, so in 20 years. Well he could well be alive. Don't give the producer any bad idea, they will take it !

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    ^^^ I thought he was older than he is and didn't take into account there were 2 seasons per year. He probably will still be alive in 20 years. I wish the producers would stop bringing him back. I liked him the first time but enough is enough.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

vCash
    Colton is gone, ding dong the witch is dead! hee hee
    what a fr$%! baby. I did not know his illness the first time was suspect. Missed that gossip. But not suprised. Loved how it seems his whole tribe had his numbers. It wasn't that they didn't want to talk strategy, just not with him. hee hee
    But he now took a place, not once, but twice from someone that would want to be there.

If Culpepper had been blindsided, I would have fainted from joy - in one night 2 gone. But John is a good alternative.
    Glad one of the guys is out (or to RI). Vytas is the only guy that I am interested in, not sure about Colton's bf, seems nice, except for his choice of bf.
    Funny how the 2 moms beat the girls. But I could see that a younger person might not want to fight against their mom. Go Tina!
    This whole family thing and RI is making things interesting this season.
    Also so far on RI - the challenges have not favored beefed up strong guys - more the steady strong concentrating type challenge.
    So maybe the next one would favor a guy more.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Colton has only been out there for like 10 days, right? And he couldn't take it anymore? Or was it really a case of 'no one wants to play MY way so I'm taking my ball and going home'. I do actually like the drama he creates so we'll miss out on what kind of trouble he could have caused.

So wish they would have wised up and blindsided Culpepper instead. Especially after he was the one who orchestrated the whole "lets' vote out John" thing, but then says 'I won't vote for him in case he comes back' so he could get John back in his pocket by claiming everyone betrayed him or something equally stupid. Man I hate him! Which means he will probably win.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Is the family tribe the stupidest tribe to ever play this game? They keep losing and even Jeff pointed out that with each loss, they vote out a strong player. Bunch of morons. John for not involving his alliance and his alliance for not involving John.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Is the family tribe the stupidest tribe to ever play this game? They keep losing and even Jeff pointed out that with each loss, they vote out a strong player.
    There's no point in playing for the end game if your tribe gets wiped out before the merge. Culpepper is an idiot. And what a moron telling people that he wanted them to vote for John but he wanted to vote for someone else because he wanted to stay on good terms with John just in case. It's not a bad plan, but it tells the others that you intend to have a playing relationship with John if he comes back into the game when you have just laid out all the reasons why John needs to go. He doesn't seem to get that you don't want to make it quite so obvious that you consider everyone but yourself expendable, even though everyone knows that's true. Part of the game is making everyone else feel necessary until you don't need them any more.

It is a lot of fun to watch all the plottin' and schemin' this season so far, though.

I knew that Colton didn't have appendicitis, but he WAS treated for a bacterial infection and the doctor DID say on the broadcast that she thought he had appendicitis, and I think Jeff gets impatient with some of the medical evacs. Dunno. But good lord, what a drama queen. I'll bet they don't miss him at all.

Redemption Island certainly is acrimonious! And looks to be more so next week.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Colton. Why bother having him AGAIN ? Could someone explain ?

The family tribe is gonna lose every challenges. I am now sure of that. So that explains Hayden's edit. He'll probably be the last of the family tribe !
    Will they have RI again after the merge ?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    What an idiot crybaby! It's not just that no one would talk strategy with him; I think he also missed having some mean girls to snark with all day. And he's now lost whatever benefit-of-the-doubt fans he had before, what a jerk. At some point it will be interesting to see an interview with Caleb to find out just what he sees in him. I could see Colton as a sometime friend in that he can be fun in the right circumstances, but to spend your whole life with him? Non!

I too was hoping for a Brad blindside, but I'm sure his downfall is coming, and coming big. If the returnee tribe loses now, with Colton gone, I could see them targeting Monica just because that's the precedent that Brad himself claims ownership of, but apparently he doesn't see that he's endangering his own wife in this. But I'm happy to see John get his - I find him creepy - and look forward to Candice kicking his butt - girl is FIERCE.

RI is proving to be interesting this year with three people. They know only one will ever go back in the game (or at least they assume), so it looks like they are freely sharing info and bonding very strongly. Imagine if Candice and Marissa go back in together! It was funny that Brad thought Tyson was targeting him because he was some big threat - but it was Rachel's word that told Tyson what happened, and that's why he said what he did.

I can't recall seeing this much interaction between tribes and RI/still in the games in the past, but it's also proving interesting. Guess they figured they'd just go with it when all the smacktalk and tears started flowing, but it's making for an interesting dynamic - kinda like rival schools on the football field - they all know each other so it's a rivalry but you still have pals on the other side too.

Hope Tyson's shoulder doesn't kill his game - but there's a lot he can still do. He's a smart strategist and for now at least his team will support him physically, so hopefully by the time he's got to do individual challenges he'll be back in it. Even an injured Tyson is better at challenges than most other players I think.

Can't decide if I like Sierra or hate her. Something about her is interesting - the looks on her face when tide turned and then at TC told me there's more going on up there and she could be a force, especially if she survives to merge. And BOOOO to the men's alliance for thinking it's better to keep Tina's daughter because she cooks for them! But smart of her to do so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Colton. Why bother having him AGAIN ? Could someone explain ?
    I don't get it either. If Jeff (who is one of the executive producers) was so pissed about Colton quitting last time, then why bring him back?

Anyway, good riddance...if he is going to be such a baby, I'm happy he opted to quit early instead of dragging his presence out for so long a la Na'onka. There was a huge thunderstorm in my area and so my satellite cut out for most of him quitting, so I'll have to go back and catch it to celebrate him leaving. Rupert and Colton both out early makes this season so much more tolerable for me. Of course, there's still Brad around but I agree with people upthread that he will be getting his comeuppance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    At some point it will be interesting to see an interview with Caleb to find out just what he sees in him. I could see Colton as a sometime friend in that he can be fun in the right circumstances, but to spend your whole life with him? Non!
    I agree, I don't understand that relationship at all. The Monica/Brad one is also kind of interesting because she seems really cool and he's a total douche. But then again, I do know a lot of couples like that in real life where one is awesome and the other is not, so maybe I shouldn't be that surprised.

Hope Tyson's shoulder doesn't kill his game - but there's a lot he can still do. He's a smart strategist and for now at least his team will support him physically, so hopefully by the time he's got to do individual challenges he'll be back in it. Even an injured Tyson is better at challenges than most other players I think.
    It's interesting that Tyson is coming across as a smart strategist this game, considered what a boneheaded move he did in Heroes vs. Villains. But he seems to be one of the few repeaters who learns from his past mistakes. It's too bad Rachel is out because she seemed pretty cool. I liked her levelheaded response to Tyson not to switch places with her, that he clearly had a better chance to win than she did and not to ruin his game for her.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    It's interesting that Tyson is coming across as a smart strategist this game, considered what a boneheaded move he did in Heroes vs. Villains. But he seems to be one of the few repeaters who learns from his past mistakes. It's too bad Rachel is out because she seemed pretty cool. I liked her levelheaded response to Tyson not to switch places with her, that he clearly had a better chance to win than she did and not to ruin his game for her.
    Remind me of what he did on Heroes? I vaguely recall that he tried something fancy that didn't work. Overall I do think he's very smart, and very good at challenges.

vCash
    Tyson fell victim to one of Russel's tricks and basically voted himself out. It was classic.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Tyson fell victim to one of Russel's tricks and basically voted himself out. It was classic.
    Just went back and read the summary - Russell was at his finest then!

vCash
    I like how Gervaise was pep talking Marissa through the challenge and tried to stop her cussing out Brad, that was very uncle-y of him.

Also LOL at Jeff and the producers trying to play up the Aras Vytas rivalry. Jeff even tried to rile Aras up by saying Vytas made the most unsportsman-like move ever or something... In the end you can tell their brotherly bond is still very tight. Hope that's the end of this manufactured Abel and Cain storyline.

I do not like Brad and I want him gone in a spectacular way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I don't get it either. If Jeff (who is one of the executive producers) was so pissed about Colton quitting last time, then why bring him back?
    One word: Ratings There was a fair amount of interest in bringing the crybaby back despite his checkered past (his feigned appendicitis was published the day after he left One World), so Burnett and Probst put aside their anger and allowed him back. Those two will do anything for a rating point.

I was predisposed to not like this season, but the family dynamic has really made some interesting twists that would not have happened previously. I wonder if Survivor might try this scenario again down the line.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Colton is gone, ding dong the witch is dead! hee hee
    But he now took a place, not once, but twice from someone that would want to be there.
    considering the cast of returnees, it looks like they were kinda scraping the bottom of the barrell - although I suspect Colton was at the top of their list for the "love to hate" slot Seeing Jeff practically boiling over with disgust was immensely satisfying. Could this possibly, maybe, make them look at their casting strategies (esp. coming right after the Brandon debacle last season)? Probably not, but a girl can hope.

Am really digging the RI chat. Crossing fingers that Merissa can hang in there - Candice is kicking ass, but it's nice to see someone who doesn't have previous game experience hanging in there.

I do wish the loved ones had dumped Brad, but glad they didn't take out another female, even if Ciera is useless. Loved John coming to RI and telling Candice "at least it's good we're here" (meaning he & Candice are together, I think) and both of the women yelling "No it's not! It's terrible!!". Merissa must be like, oh, greaaaaat. Hope there's a separate sleeping option.

Hope Tyson's shoulder doesn't ruin his game
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast