Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Jeff said last year that we would probably never see the pre-jury boots on stage at the reunion again, but I will be surprised if they don't reverse themselves just so they can get Rupert up there to pontificate.
    I hope not.
    I am very glad Kat (the worst player in the world) went home and Laura was sent to RI. I'm in love with Vytas and Ares. Don't judge me.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I think the thing with Laura B and trust comes down to "game trust" (a term coined by one of the recappers at TWOP who I find somewhat annoying but I do like this term) - i.e. can I trust this person to make the moves that I need/want them to make with me going forward. And I think that Laura had shown that she was a bit of a wild card and unpredictable so you did have trouble trusting what she would do in the game.
    Agree with this concept for sure - it's the unpredictable "I'm the swing vote!!" types you need to get rid of, even before the people who you know are on the other side of whereever you are.

The question is, was Laura B one of those? I see her more as willing to go with the flow and easily taken in by an alliance who knows how to appeal to her social insecurities. Sure, she might have been swayed by another offer, but I think Tina and Monica could have kept her in line for now.

To me, Vytas is far more the unpredictable and therefore ungametrustworthy right now. There's little reason to believe that all his professions of loyalty to the girls were anything more than saving his butt. Katie knows he was with the guys on the other tribe, although perhaps after John and Brad went she thought that he and Caleb were with her and Ciera? Does she not realize they were just useful for their votes, knowing they'd do anything to stay?

I wonder again if Tina realizes is counting on Aras and Vytas to go with her, Katie and Monica, and potentially Ciera, and maybe even get Laura M onside if she returns? Realizing that Tyson and Gervase might be gone from the original 5 alliance now that they are getting to know the other team (and Katie telling her about the boys alliance), I wonder if Tina is rooting for John to come back and not wanting anything to do with his old tribe.

I'll say again I think Vytas may have a big problem coming up because several of the women seem to think he's their special friend (and Aras for that matter - see Laura M), and they could turn vengeful if scorned.

But in the end I do agree with everyone that I'm glad to see Laura B and Kat gone, and hope John goes too. I'd much rather see real players than amateurs.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I find it interesting that Laura B has had SUCH the newbie player aura - her husband has played this game 512 times! Even if he refuses to share his secrets at home, hasn't she had enough opportunity watching him on teevee to pick up a few pointers? Maybe it's jsut that she's drunk the Rupert kool aid and can't see anything beyond "he's everyone's favorite" (er...).
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Decent episode. Not sorry to see Mrs. Rupert go. And John was an non-entity for me too so him leaving wasn't any big deal.

And as soon as Jeff started describing the immunity challenge, I knew Vytas was winning it. You could just see his math professor/yoga instructor mind whirling away.

Sorry to see Aras go but the target on his back was HUGE. And it looks like Tina could be next which isn't a surprise since she's a winner too. has a love one and out of Tyson's little group.

vCash
    I was shocked at some of the rookie mistakes Tina made today and looks to be making next week. Telling Monica that she is number 5 in the alliance is about the stupidest move in the book and going off on Tyson next week doesn't look any smarter. I loved Tina's game play her first time around and it seemed like she had returned to form in the first few weeks but that just flew out the window this week. Yikes!

Ciera stepped up her game this week as did Tyson and Gervase. Knew Aras had to be gone after the conversation between him and Vytas earlier in the episode...that scene just smacked of Aras being set up for the fall.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Did the three couples never think that they should form the six-person voting block? Don't they realize the minority would feel threatened by six people who all share a common bond? Not to mention that two of those six were already winners. Those six had targets on their backs...but didn't even need to worry about those targets as they had a winning voting block. Are they unaware of what a snake Tyson is? I would never work with someone like him. And we see Ciara (and Mom) work with Hayden and Caleb who surely would have eliminated Ciara when the time came, but saw her as such a non-entity that they probably didn't bother to learn her name. Plus Ciara knew they turned on John and then Brad.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    And as soon as Jeff started describing the immunity challenge, I knew Vytas was winning it. You could just see his math professor/yoga instructor mind whirling away.
    Aras' facial expression made me think he threw the challenge. That he wanted to give the win to his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I was shocked at some of the rookie mistakes Tina made today and looks to be making next week. Telling Monica that she is number 5 in the alliance is about the stupidest move in the book...
    I was thinking that was poorly chosen wording as opposed to, "we're the top four and Monica, we want you voted out fifth instead of sixth". Instead, I think Tina was thinking that she and her daughter and Vytas and Aras were givens, so she was thinking about the others in the top six and wanted to clarify that Monica held a more important position than Gervaise. She just picked the wrong words saying "you're fifth" which sounds like Monica didn't have a shot at the top four.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Vytas was on twitter last night during the west coast airing of the show and was pretty honest about how much he screwed up after winning immunity. That he went back to camp with the necklace and sat on his ass and didn't bother to work with Hayden/Caleb/Ciera about their votes cause Aras assured him that Gervase & Tyson were 100% with him and therefore he (Aras) wasn't in any danger. That being over confident on Survivor is a one way ticket out of the game.

Seems like Tina picked up some of that over confidence too while calling the shots the last couple of boots and her/Katie/Vytas are in real trouble now. And I agree, Very sloppy play by Tina.

vCash
    Forgot to add that one of the reasons that could cause Tina to loose her sh*t next week is that its believe in Survivor-land that she, Aras, Gervase and Tyson had a pre-show deal. Should have realized that once Tyson and Gervase were solos and not in a pair anymore, that things would be different especially when she and Aras came to the merge with their pair.

vCash
    Tyson all of the sudden found the idol. Why didn't he look for it earlier?

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Monica ultimately did make the right decision to go with the group of singles plus 1 duo, but did she really think that when it got down to 2 duos and 1 single, that the single would wind up in 5th spot? The 2 duos would be fighting over her to make final 3.

vCash
    finally got a chance to watch this - pretty satisfying episode.

No surprise on the winner of RI. Loved how Ciera was all "my mom coming back in the game is going to hurt me". True!

So many different factions/ways to go tonight! I think most people made the right choice - the Vytas/Aras duo was far more dangerous than either Tina/Katie or Laura/Ciera. And I knew one of the brothers was going once I heard Vytas utter the title of the episode ("Skin of My Teeth")...one of the disadvantages of watching the ep online.

Tina's slip about the #5 spot was massively damaging. It's never smart to alert someone to their non-priority standing, but in particular Monica's need for allegiance and loyalty has been very well documented. Examples 1 & 2 - the last 2 boots. Aargh.

Mostly I'm worried now that Hayden and especially Caleb are considered such non-entities because everyone is too concerned about returning players and their loved ones.

Very intrigued to see how this plays out, and if Vytas can regain some favor, or he's the next to go.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    And I knew one of the brothers was going once I heard Vytas utter the title of the episode ("Skin of My Teeth")...one of the disadvantages of watching the ep online.
    I caught up last night, but was unfortunately spoiled for the outcome since my DVR for this week says that Aras was voted out in the last ep

Mind you, I think I would have caught it since Aras clearly had no idea how in danger he was, even though Tyson has been talking about getting rid of him with several people for the last few eps - that indicates Aras was way out of the loop. Then he goes around in this large merged tribe assuming he's in charge by telling everyone how to vote. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

And then there are the two brothers standing there at the end of the challenge advertising to the world what a combined threat they are. I almost wondered if Gervase threw it at the end to help make the point and keep the target off his back; ditto Tyson early on.

However, Vytas ain't stupid and the expression on his face during the vote reveal says to me he realized instantly exactly what he did wrong. The previews/my DVR are suggesting that he takes vengeance, but really? I think he's smarter than that and will try to shift focus to the obvious-on-paper-targets - the two remaining couples, the one previous winner (and if that flies, I'd be reminding people that Hayden has also won a social-based reality show too), the RI returnee, and the known sly snake (who I wouldn't be surprised is playing up his shoulder, only to burst back in total health when he needs it in a crucial challenge).

I was also amused by Ciera - and she turned out to be right as her mom made her priorities so obvious and talked to much, and is clearly a fierce challenge threat. I thought he remarks at TC were aimed to show her alliance of Tyson, Gervase, Hayden and Caleb that she's with them, no matter what her mom tries with the other couples or women or people from the other tribe. Smart move.

Meanwhile, one almost forgets that Aras is still in game - does RI really have any use any more? Just drags it all out further, and frankly I don't think Aras deserves a second chance, and Vytas needs to fix things back at camp on his own. But Aras is strong and smart and there's a good chance he could return. It was interesting that he said on arriving that he had never been voted out of Survivor before - that could be in large part why he didn't see it coming at all.

re HII - I expect a lot of them have been looking for it given that the clues were out there, but they just haven't shown it to us because no one had found it, and it took away from the drama of the clues being burned every week (we thought it would have been fun if Laura took the clue and read it aloud to the whole tribe to even the playing field). But there's no way a player like Tyson was going to forget it exists - he knows he's going to need it.

Which brings me to footage and Prancer's info that they have cut back on camera crews in recent years. I've complained for the last few seasons that we are missing stuff that results in holes in the storylines, but perhaps that's not bad storytelling but rather bad filming. Maybe they've all been looking for the idol but no one has captured it on tape. There's no end to the amount of strategy and relationship building that we aren't getting. And when you think about it, this year especially seems to devote most of the episodes to RI and challenges, and not as much to camp life, likely because they just don't have it.

vCash
    Well, Hello Mr. Probst. He can serve me bacon any day, and I don't eat bacon.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Which brings me to footage and Prancer's info that they have cut back on camera crews in recent years. I've complained for the last few seasons that we are missing stuff that results in holes in the storylines, but perhaps that's not bad storytelling but rather bad filming. Maybe they've all been looking for the idol but no one has captured it on tape. There's no end to the amount of strategy and relationship building that we aren't getting. And when you think about it, this year especially seems to devote most of the episodes to RI and challenges, and not as much to camp life, likely because they just don't have it.
    Watching last night I wondered why they had gone right to a challenge and then were heading to TC by 8:26. I thought wow something big is going to happen at TC! But no, in the absence of a RI challenge, they had to fill the episode with two immunity challenges and two TCs, because they clearly do not have all the footage needed to tell the full story.

How did Vytas go from trying to charm a couple of people into throwing him a bone (which could have worked - one extra would have been a tie and Tina would have voted him out, but two extra and Katie would have gone home) to that completely stupid hammering of his own nails in his own coffin at TC?

And who voted against Tyson, twice? One might assume Tina and Katie, but they only showed one vote each time. I wish they'd show all the votes. Years ago they used to do a tally on the website as well, so you could track voting at home. I think they still do the videos, but I can't access them.

And when Caleb spoke near the end, I was floored he was still there - because in last week's episode, he did not speak once. Maybe he doesn't give very good interviews or TC comments, but he's still in the game, isn't he? He must be doing something right.

OK but onward -

So disappointed in Tina losing her game like that, and can't see her beating both Vytas and Aras to get back in. And does anyone watch Nashville? She could be Scarlett's mom.

Monica just doesn't get it for someone who has played the game before. I can see where she would quietly switch her vote to Vytas after the way he treated her, but what was the point of going back to camp and yacking about it, especially when she knows her situation is precarious at best? I wonder if she's spent so much of her life on the sidelines that she's still trying to get in with the in crowd.

Love Hayden, and he's playing a near flawless game, but it's not going to get him the win unless he somehow ends up with goats or people everyone hates next to him.

I'm rooting for Tyson. I know many can't stand him, but I've been a fan of his game since his first season and he makes for good tv. Part of me would also like to see Ciera at the end - I think she's playing a really good game for a newbie going up against some big guns, and her ability to navigate the changing social tides seems quite good. If she can keep her mom in check - who can be so fierce at challenges - then I see her sitting at the end.

And big points to Gervase - I barely remember him the first time around, but after that mess at the beginning, he's now playing really well. He's got his game on now and teaming up with Tyson is proving to be a smart move. I wonder how different it might have been if his niece had lasted. Hayden and Caleb are certainly better off without their loved ones, and I can't help thinking Katie might be a little relieved right now, after the past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Well, Hello Mr. Probst. He can serve me bacon any day, and I don't eat bacon.
    Never been a fan, but I gotta say, that's impressive!

vCash
    I am enjoying this season! Tina really fell quickly. I am rooting for several all for different reasons.
    Tyson - he is just so entertaining and cracks me up and would so deserve the win.
    I am liking Gervase too, but the 2 of them seem like such big targets, with Tyson first. Maybe if Tyson is ousted, Gervase has a better chance.
    Ciera - from someone that was on the bottom of a tribe to now, she could be in a good position, especially if Laura gets voted out. People might underestimate her, and with bigger/obvious targets and she could make it to the end. And she seems pretty smart, and could make a good argument in final tc
    Katie - better off without Mom, but not sure how good she is at this game. Time will tell.
    Hayden - I like him, liked him in BB - but I just feel his edit makes it that he will not win. Not enough air time. Also same for Caleb - he had the big move, and then not much since. I guess if either of these 2 go on an immunity run, things will change
    Aras/Vytas - I hope it is one of these 2 that make it back in. I would be happy with either one, but Vytas is my fav. But then if the returning player does not win immunity in a challenge - probably out, pretty decisive vote.
    Monica - please just get her out.
    I do like how Tyson actually has not told anyone yet about the HII.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I thought last night's episode was pretty predictable. The food challenge was simply gross.

vCash
    the food challenge was gross, but I kind of liked the return to simpler Survivor days. After several seasons, people were prepared for the gross things challenge and most handled it easily. Now that it only comes up every few seasons people aren't as prepared and it's more of a real challenge. Monica certainly impressed there, although I wanted Gervase to win it.

Hayden and Caleb are such non entities now - I also was a bit jolted when I realized Caleb is still in the game. I was glad Monica pointed out in TC that Hayden & Caleb are a natural alliance - people are not going after the strong affable guy with no enemies who is capable of a string of immunities at the end? I know I've been anti-Hayden from the start due to his BB ties, but really, at this point he'd be a disappointing winner because he has been invisible! I do wonder if he threw that coin challenge though - he and Tyson lost as just about the exact same time. And it wouldn't serve Hayden to remind folks of his strength right this moment.

Oh, Tina....what a mistake to go after everyone after last week's TC. Dang! Vytas was a goner no matter what, she almost got her daughter booted (not sure why they targeted Katie and not Tina for that first vote), and even though she made some really good points about Monica at the end, it was too late. Sigh! I also want to know who threw Tyson votes - one of the many things I don't like about RI seasons is that we don't see the votes at the end of the ep.

Rooting for Gervase/Tyson now, with a smattering of Katie and even Ciera a bit. Monica is good for drama. And I don't think she's someone who's been on the sidelines looking to get "in", as mentioned above ... I think she's very used to being the queen bee and does not handle people not being yes-men to her very well.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I do wonder if he threw that coin challenge though - he and Tyson lost as just about the exact same time. And it wouldn't serve Hayden to remind folks of his strength right this moment.
    You could be right - several times they showed him watching how the others were doing, which I thought was odd as the challenge seemed to require full concentration straight ahead. Turning your head could have thrown your balance that one millimetre that would end it for you.

Oh, Tina....what a mistake to go after everyone after last week's TC. Dang! Vytas was a goner no matter what, she almost got her daughter booted (not sure why they targeted Katie and not Tina for that first vote), and even though she made some really good points about Monica at the end, it was too late. Sigh! I also want to know who threw Tyson votes - one of the many things I don't like about RI seasons is that we don't see the votes at the end of the ep.
    Yeah I thought Tina really went overboard on Monica at that TC - it was almost mean and surprising for someone who was purportedly playing on the nice guy ticket.

Monica is good for drama. And I don't think she's someone who's been on the sidelines looking to get "in", as mentioned above ... I think she's very used to being the queen bee and does not handle people not being yes-men to her very well.
    Could be. I think I recall that she and Brad met in college and she was some sort of homecoming queen, but at the same time, he's obviously a big personality and I would think it would be hard not to find yourself in the shadows when you husband is an NFL player, and it also sounds like his family is somewhat of a big deal in their area of Florida. I had the feeling that Survivor was her thing, at that she didn't want to get squeezed out like last time but rather be part of the central part of the game.

But you have a point - perhaps she is used to ruling the roost at home and in her community, and maybe that's why she can't seem to adjust to being in the second tier on the show - last time or this time.

vCash
    I suspect Monica and Brad are very equal partners - I think they both have very big personalities and don't think either of them would click with someone content to live in the shadows.

Armchair personality analysis is fun

vCash
    Missed this weeks episode so thanks for your reports

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast