Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    I actually thought it was a great season. I skipped last season - first time ever - and wasn't enthused about this concept. I tuned in for the first ep just because I wanted to see how they set it up, and there were a couple of players I wanted to see. I didn't like the initial vote off (poor Candice ), but once it got going, I really enjoyed the whole thing. Even, gasp, RI. And it turned out well - a deserving player won.

Not sure about the BBB concept, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and tune in to see how it goes.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Not sure about the BBB concept, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and tune in to see how it goes.
    I just don't like the stereotyping, as if you are brainy, you can't possibly be beautiful, and if you are brawny, you can't possibly have a brain.

vCash
    Have to admit that that I didn't think the blood vs. water thing would work but it really added an interesting dynamic to the whole thing. It turned out to be a great season.

Tyson deserved the win. He played the game well and was much less of jerk. Amazing what happens when you turn down the prick factor.

I guess I'm willing to give BBB a chance. I just hope that they have new, fresh, players for the next few seasons. One thing I'm getting tired of is the constant barrage of returning players.

--Peter

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Article about next season. It doesn't name names, but it does address the returning player/new player issue.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I thought Blood v Water would be awful, and it wasn't, but I'm afraid Survivor will do what it does and now try to replicate the magic over and over again. BvW worked because it didn't go according to plan - producer favorite Rupert left immediately, RI ended up being 10 times more interesting than the rest of the game, the HII clues were repeatedly thrown out, and the best players were ones whose partners left the game early. The Loved Ones were mostly deadweight - Vytas played the role of Troubled Brother as directed (but lost), Hayden eventually woke up and started playing (too late), and Ciera saved the whole concept by voting against her mom, but otherwise the Loved Ones were really poor players. But there were some great moments - RI was actually fun, with real impact. Rocks were drawn!! Women dominated challenges! Colton left in a blaze of ignominy! Kat is still stupid! I'd call BvW a middle of the pack season but I fear we'll see a hard shift to more "theme" seasons.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    The reference to BB is interesting - for those who don't watch it, a few seasons ago they divided the house into 4 teams ala high school - athletes, popular kids, brains and off beats. Jeff implies that some of the players aren't sure why they are in one tribe over another, or at least aren't happy with it - that happened in BB too. IIRC, the athletes and populars teamed up early, but the premise also went by the wayside fairly quickly as well. I also recall that on Heroes vs Villians, several players were miffed to be on one tribe rather than the other, and fans were confused too. Perhaps with 18 players, they'll do this for a few challenges and then merge at 12 or something. No word on RI.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617