Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

vCash
    I have no spoilers for this season, but that clip of Tyson breaking down about potentially not making it to the end caught my eye. It seemed like the kind of clip they would love to roll at the reunion show right after he's declared the winner.

Or it could be Survivor misdirection.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I think Ciera is as much about wanting to play her own game - not the daughter, not the obedient alliance mate, but all grown up and thinking for herself. I have to wonder if that also played into her getting pregnant as a teen. I also think she's got a lot of her mother's "go for it" attitude, and doesn't want to go home regretting the things she didn't go.

She actually looked *excited* to roll the rocks - bit of a gambler in her? And is that gambler counting on an ace in the hole when it comes to tipping numbers etc? She could be right, because odds are that Laura is about to reenter the game, and from what they are showing us at least, no one is factoring that in. At least the team of Tina/Katie is now guaranteed to not make it to the end (one could, but not both).

A few have mentioned that they want to see Tyson's jury bid - agree. It will be memorable if nothing else, because he is a great player, but cannot resist the snark, and cannot resist pushing the envelope, ie I dare you not to vote for me. He really needs to win a challenge or two though if he doesn't want to give the jury excuses to vote for Laura or Monica, and he better have a good story ready for when Ciera and the others realize he essentially stole the second HII. I think Ciera will forgive (ya played me!), but Tina/Katie/Aras/Vytas types who get holier than thou might have a problem with it, and use it as an excuse not to vote for Tyson.

Gervase is playing a very good game after his initial over celebrating dickedness, winning this challenge and coming close in others, and I was also impressed with his immediately challenging Caleb's story at RI and letting Tina and Laura know that Caleb and Hayden tried to screw Tyson and Gervase before they did it to them. However, as others have noted, he did the counting thing wrong several times - why didn't he just say "Jeff I counted in the order we're sitting"? And for the reward, which Jeff makes such a big deal about, why not tell the jury that he picked Monica because she gave up a food reward to everyone else, and Tyson because he came in third in the challenge after him and Monica? He could even say "sorry Ciera, no offense but you came last in the challenge and I thought it only fair that rewards go to people who got to the end of the challenge"?

Love Hayden's game. I can see why Jeff gave Katie a hard time, especially when her only defense was "I'm not included in those conversations." Um, that's because you're not initiating them either, which Hayden is. He's not giving up, and he's doing a great job of staying alive when his size and past win should have had him voted out at the beginning, and his easy personality should have had him out more recently. If he makes it to the end, I don't think he can win - no wins, and his moves may have got him further but so far they have not changed the game. Maybe in a 2 person final if the other person is weak or hated, but in a 3 person no way as someone will have a better resume than him.

At this point, a finale of Tyson - Monica - Laura seems very possible if the two moms join forces, and I'd love to see these tough broads duke it out with Tyson in the end

vCash
    Tyson Monica And Gervase as final 3 would make total sense considering the edit they all got.
    I just don't get who wins. Gervase won't because of the beginning of the season. As for Monica versus Tyson, I can't decide who would have the favors of the jury.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I think it will just depend on how bitter the Jury is.

vCash
    The jury is always bitter. But who got the winner's edit ? Tyson or Monica ? I can't decide

vCash
    That's the part that kills me every time. The "Bitter" Jury attacks the Final 3 with statements and questions that accuses "'them" of doing the exact same thing that the person asking the question did! And you could turn their statements around right back on themselves that they did the same things, yet they don't see themselves as having done the same thing, when they actually did. I usually end up laughing my ass off throughout the entire Final Tribal because of way the "Bitter" Jury people act.

I would never make it to the Jury on this show (hell I would never even be cast ... I don't like "outside!"), but my question to each person would simply be "tell me why I should vote for you". And then the person with the least snotty answer would get my vote. At least I'd like to think I wouldn't be bitter. Or maybe that IS being bitter

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I would never make it to the Jury on this show (hell I would never even be cast ... I don't like "outside!"), but my question to each person would simply be "tell me why I should vote for you". And then the person with the least snotty answer would get my vote. At least I'd like to think I wouldn't be bitter. Or maybe that IS being bitter
    Oh, you gotta do better than that to get cast on this show. You gotta talk about snakes devouring rats and then shitting said rat out with their next burp or something good like that!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Or you have to look brainless and sexy if a woman. Being blonde would be great too.

vCash
    Yep. I got no shot at all.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Well even if Hayden can get back in the game, I don't think he has any shot of winning this. I think he's got the social side down - perhaps one of the most perceptive players of all time - but he laid low far too long, and all his skills would likely go undetected and unappreciated by the jury because he a) didn't win enough challenges for such an athletic and smart person and b) didn't change the game.

Ciera OTOH could win this, especially now that she's pulled a challenge win out of her hat. She's been playing really hard since the beginning, adapted her game play when needed, was part of some big stuff, even voting out her own mother - and now she's got a jury that could potentially be stacked with moms and people who want to see a kid given a big chance (hello Vytas).

Glad Tyson saved his HII because he's surely going to need it - because I do think Monica will turn on him if she has the power at the end (which is a likely scenario). They sure tried to convince us that Ciera got through, and I think she did get through, but just as they were about to vote it dawned on me that there's no way she was going to flip. She's all about integrity and ethics and setting a good example at home and in the community, and more importantly, she's a mom and I think she decided she's going to listen to her own gut over some lying kid.

Gervase is so much smarter than I remember from back in the day - I think he could kill it at final TC and if done right, take enough credit for what Tyson's done without the bitter from the jury.

Tyson needs to come up with a brilliant end game - he definitely needs a big challenge win, and then he has to be ready to somehow speak to each jury member and appeal to their love the game, and smooth any ruffled feathers - because the longer those Bitter Betties fester, the worse for Tyson and the better for the moms/integrity/give me a chance/I've grown types who he will be up against.

Anyone think Laura can win this? I don't. No doubt she's fierce at challenges* - but the fact is they all voted her off twice and I don't think the jury will say "well in that case you really deserve to win!" but rather "you don't deserve to win because you weren't in the main game for half of it."

If Tina gets back in the game I'll be shocked, but I don't think she can win. She will play the integrity card and it will be all about growth and how her relationship with her daughter ( at Hayden saying she looked hot - and he's right - probably the best jury cleanup I can remember) is the most important thing blah blah. Then someone will poke holes in her integrity and others will remember she already has a million, and no votes except from Katie.

* I would watch a one-time Survivor special that pits the greatest challenge players against each other for a special prize, or for charity in a series of killer challenges that combine all the chestnuts from Survivors past but put them at an advanced level. Could be really fun - Laura, Monica, Ozzy, JT, Stephanie, Boston Rob, others?

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    It didn't make sense for Monica to flip. With her current alliance, she's guaranteed #3 at the very least. If she had flipped, she'd be #4 behind Ciera, Hayden and Tina/Laura M - I would think the returner is back after the next RI challenge.

If Hayden came back and somehow got to the end (which I doubt), I think he'd have a great chance at winning due to his performances at tribal council. The jury loved what he was doing, and may be reluctant to give the prize to someone like Ciera because of her flipping.
    Last edited by purple skates; 12-12-2013 at 03:48 PM.

vCash
    I think you might as well just cut Tyson the check and be done with it. He really was the puppet master.

If he winds up in the final three with Gervase and Monica, it can be very simply argued that Tyson was the puppet master and Gervase and Monica were just lap dogs that did his bidding. They didn't even get angry when Tyson pulled out a immunity idol which he held back from the others. Hayden even spelled it out for them and they still didn't get it.

I can't imagine any thinking member of the jury buying any argument from Gervase. What exactly did he do again?

Now, if Hayden manages to get back into the game and then into the final 3, he could potentially argue that at least he tried to topple Tyson and that might get some disgruntled jury votes but in the end, it seems that Tyson learned from Boston Rob that you don't need to be a prick to win. All you have to do is realize that people want to be led and under proper leadership, will happily do whatever you want.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Well even if Hayden can get back in the game, I don't think he has any shot of winning this. I think he's got the social side down - perhaps one of the most perceptive players of all time -
    I know there's a whole season of his successful BB win to back this up, but in this game, this season, I don't see how this assertion could possibly be made. He's perceptive, but he's been a complete non-entity for a good half of the season. Editing hasn't given us the chance to see his brilliance. That said, I was surprised by how much I was hoping he and Ciera would convince Monica to flip It's an interesting F5 - plenty of good games going on, plenty of reasons I don't really want any of them to win

Glad Tyson saved his HII because he's surely going to need it - because I do think Monica will turn on him if she has the power at the end (which is a likely scenario). They sure tried to convince us that Ciera got through, and I think she did get through, but just as they were about to vote it dawned on me that there's no way she was going to flip. She's all about integrity and ethics and setting a good example at home and in the community, and more importantly, she's a mom and I think she decided she's going to listen to her own gut over some lying kid.
    I thought Tyson not using the HII was also him sending a subtle signal to Monica that he trusts her. Talk about a perceptive player. Of course, Gervase was the target last night, so he didn't really need it, but Tyson could have given the HII to Gervase to save his alliance.

Gervase is so much smarter than I remember from back in the day - I think he could kill it at final TC and if done right, take enough credit for what Tyson's done without the bitter from the jury.
    I think Gervase is way too explosive for FTC. The jury will be bitter, but I don't think Gervvase's game has been different enough AND he is prone to outbursts under pressure, not sure he can siphon votes away from his main alliance mate. Unless Gervase can somehow get rid of Tyson at the end

Anyone think Laura can win this?
    No. But it has been a pleasure to see her kill it at RI again and again. Really hope the moms can keep up their streak. It will be a huge disappointment if the last one out goes back in the game after they've held on so long.

* I would watch a one-time Survivor special that pits the greatest challenge players against each other for a special prize, or for charity in a series of killer challenges that combine all the chestnuts from Survivors past but put them at an advanced level. Could be really fun - Laura, Monica, Ozzy, JT, Stephanie, Boston Rob, others?
    I would watch that, if it wasn't all beefcake-y and had tasks where brawn is a disadvantage. Include Parvati, Cochran, Kim Spradlin -- and who was the older farm woman who won some challenges? gah, I can't even remember what season...
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I know there's a whole season of his successful BB win to back this up, but in this game, this season, I don't see how this assertion could possibly be made. He's perceptive, but he's been a complete non-entity for a good half of the season. Editing hasn't given us the chance to see his brilliance. That said, I was surprised by how much I was hoping he and Ciera would convince Monica to flip It's an interesting F5 - plenty of good games going on, plenty of reasons I don't really want any of them to win
    Now now, you know I lurvves me some Hayden so cut me some slack But seriously, I do think he's demonstrated a very good understanding of the other players and what motivates them, and what's likely to move the meter. The problem is that he laid low for too long (as I already acknowledged), so it's a matter of great effort but too late.

Totally speculating, but I wonder if at the beginning he was concerned that he would stand out as a previous reality show winner and because often big athletic guys are early targets, so he stayed in the comfort zone of a bro alliance. Then when the big athletic guys started to be targeted (John, then Brad) he went even further undercover. When merge came, I can see the initial alignment with Tyson and Gervase - let someone else take the heat, and slipstream them in the hopes that you will not be their target. What Hayden should have done is strike at merge or soon after - had he hooked up with Aras and Vytas and some of the ones who felt alone at the time, he might have been able to play more of role in shaping the game.

Much as I'd love him to win, I think that looking back it will be his timing that was his eventual downfall.

I thought Tyson not using the HII was also him sending a subtle signal to Monica that he trusts her. Talk about a perceptive player. Of course, Gervase was the target last night, so he didn't really need it, but Tyson could have given the HII to Gervase to save his alliance.
    Good point - I forgot that he had revealed he had it to Monica and Gervase. Might have also been a signal to Gervase as well, as Hayden tried to bring him around too and Tyson probably knows that.

I wonder if they even discussed it - Tyson might have said "look, it's our idol and no one is going to play it because all we need to do is vote together and it doesn't matter what the other two do, we're a lock. Doesn't matter who comes back, it's still their two against our three so no matter what, we're in the F4. When we get to that point, the only danger is the 4th person winning the final challenge - but we've got the odds on our side, and we're all going to final TC together."

Tyson needs to keep that idol until he knows who's coming back and he can assess the risk. Should be smooth sailing for his F3, but ya never know if Tina or Laura could bring Monica over to their side.

I guess the finale will start with an RI challenge to bring someone back (so five in the game), then a comp then TC to F4, then the final comp and TC to F3? Or will the RI winner come back to make up F4? Seems too late. And then when is the last chance to play the idol? TC with 5 left, or TC with 4 left? I think it's probably TC with 5 left, because otherwise the HII is a guaranteed ticket to the finale.

I think Gervase is way too explosive for FTC. The jury will be bitter, but I don't think Gervvase's game has been different enough AND he is prone to outbursts under pressure, not sure he can siphon votes away from his main alliance mate. Unless Gervase can somehow get rid of Tyson at the end
    True, but what I'm finding time and again is that while I'm sitting on the couch telling all the players what they should be saying, it's Gervase who actually says it. As I said above, I do think his only hope is that the jury thinks one of the F3 is unworthy and that they hate Tyson enough to give it to Gervase, with the excuse that he played a decent if not brilliant game.

No. But it has been a pleasure to see her kill it at RI again and again. Really hope the moms can keep up their streak. It will be a huge disappointment if the last one out goes back in the game after they've held on so long.
    I don't really want Tina back in the game. I don't think she's played well enough and would hate her to get back in on a fluke of some kind. Laura has made her game mistakes too, but few in the history of Survivor have been as fierce as she has been, plus it's a far more interesting dynamic if she returns with Ciera still in the game than Tina coming back, not winning the next challenge and going right back out again.

I would watch that, if it wasn't all beefcake-y and had tasks where brawn is a disadvantage. Include Parvati, Cochran, Kim Spradlin -- and who was the older farm woman who won some challenges? gah, I can't even remember what season...
    Can't recall, and who was Kim Spradlin? Agree re Parvati and Cochran though. I think such a display would in itself would show that it's never been all about brawn - in fact, the big muscle guys are so often the first to get exhausted and not perform up to expectation. James would be the exception - he's another one I'd love to see in such a competition. The best players combine strength with stamina, brains, a cool head and hardcore competitive drive.

Mind you, without them living in Survivor conditions but rather coming straight from the gym, might be a whole different ballgame

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    True, but what I'm finding time and again is that while I'm sitting on the couch telling all the players what they should be saying, it's Gervase who actually says it.
    Gervase does often say it, but when he says it at TC, he usually then loses his cool. I think Tyson will know how to push his buttons in FTC.

I don't really want Tina back in the game. I don't think she's played well enough and would hate her to get back in on a fluke of some kind. Laura has made her game mistakes too, but few in the history of Survivor have been as fierce as she has been, plus it's a far more interesting dynamic if she returns with Ciera still in the game than Tina coming back, not winning the next challenge and going right back out again.
    Agree that Tina coming back would be a waste...plus the producers have to be salivating at the thought of their Blood v Water theme being part of the game up to the very end.

Can't recall, and who was Kim Spradlin?
    She won One World with a successful all-female alliance. Which means Probst probably never wants her back and I had to look up her name
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Oh of course! Yes, she can be in our challenge special

vCash
    So many great comments from all!
    If there was a challenge show, yes include James, with no shirt please! That would be interesting with all the others listed. Also maybe Tom W and Probst would want Colby!
    This whole season has been quite good, and I am still looking forward to the end. There are so many different ways it could end up, and more than one person, with a good FTC and winning immunity, to make a good argument - Tyson, Ciera, Gervase, Monica and possibly Hayden.
    I so agree that big deal if Tina comes back. Laura or Hayden would be most interesting. For Ciera, it might be better if Laura comes back, as Laura might be first to go if she does win immunity, and takes the target off Laura. But if Hayden comes back, target could still be on Ciera.
    So true about Hayden - unless it is the editing, it does not appear he could win.
    But Hayden and Ciera probably will be invited back to play again.
    Gervase - so true, I agree with so many of his comments, but he is very reactive. Definitely seems to have more game than the first time, and his FTC performance may be key, if jurors are bitter.
    I so love the jury reactions at TC - one of my fav parts of the show.
    Can't wait for Sunday. Should be great!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    One thing I do hope is that Tyson makes it to the finale, if for no other reason than I really want to see his TC performance! If he and Gervase and Monica stick together, the only thing that can stop them is someone else winning immunity at F4, and then surely one or both of Monica and Gervase will cave and help vote him out - or cause a tie! Although I expect Monica to be a total bore in final TC - from that standpoint, I'd rather have Ciera or Hayden because you know they'll fight for it.

smurfy good point about returnees though - can't imagine how anyone still in the game won't get invited back as they are all good players - no real goats in the bunch - and all are making good tv. I've long been one to complain about returnees, but I have to admit I've really enjoyed this season - aside from some of the loved ones I barely remember from the beginning, everyone has really been here to play, and the mix has worked out really well. I also hate to admit but I think the relationships have made the difference - if the loved ones were another fan tribe like we've had in the past, I don't think things would have turned out so interesting and entertaining.

Thinking ahead to Sunday, I don't know if I'm or at the thought of Jeff slobbering all over Culpepper again, and you just know there will be a teary moment about Tina's son/Katie's brother. The question I really want Jeff to ask is for Hayden to compare Survivor and Big Brother - I'm a fan of both shows and we've never had someone play both (not to mention get far enough to really be able to comment), so I'll be interested in what he has to say. I'd also be interested to hear from Tyson's girlfriend, as long as she doesn't just say "you guys don't know him like I do"

And please for the love of the Survivor gods limit Rupert's time or better yet skip him altogether since he was a non-entity and we already know what a wonderful growth experience this was for Laura and how they're closer than ever before now *insert barf icon*

vCash
    Probst has said that, after last season's finale, don't expect to see non-jury players on the stage again. I can't remember where I saw it - probably somewhere on EW. I don't really agree with it, but it would keep Rupert and Mrs Rupert off the finale!

There's enough to take up all the time on Sunday anyway. I was wondering if Tina/Katie would either not show up (assuming Tina is not in the running at FTC), or possibly request to not speak much. I can't imagine having to go on live (EST) tv to talk about a stupid game 10 days after your son/brother was killed

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Just checked Jeff's twitter - he says they will all be on stage Sunday. Guess they are making an exception because of the loved ones angle. Plus Jeff wants the world to see him with Culpepper again, no? Of course now I'm robbed of the inevitable cutaway to Kat sulking in the audience

I tried not to read much as you know how he telegraphs, but I did see a response to a fan question - a tie at F4 will go to firemaking, not rocks.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast