Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I think it was more a case of Laura thinking that it would be easier to beat Tina than Vytas at the final RI challenge. If I were on RI, I'd be doing everything I could to keep the weaker competitors around.
    This was the impression I got, too. Tina looked a little surprised that she was getting help and it seemed like a last minute plan of Laura's to get out the stronger competitor.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I think it was more a case of Laura thinking that it would be easier to beat Tina than Vytas at the final RI challenge.
    Must have been. Tina and Laura have both said on Twitter that they were not friends then, and Vytas certainly took it that Laura was trying to cut him out more than help Tina.

Laura thinks well on her feet. But if she gets back in the game, the others will just vote her out again, so I doubt it will do her any good.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Ah, OK I think you are all right. I guess I'm so conscious of the amount of stuff we're missing that I'm prone to filling in blanks that don't exist

vCash
    Sad news out of Tennessee today, Tina's son and Katie's brother was killed in an automobile accident.

http://www.knoxville.com/news/2013/d...s/?partner=RSS

Prayers go out to them and the rest of the family at this extremely difficult time.

vCash
    Oh that is very sad may he RIP

vCash
    Heartbreaking

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I really dislike how the pick a rock thing works. Why should the two people who were tied for being voted out, twice in a row, then be exempt from being voted out? If it is still a tie, then those two people alone should have to pick a rock, or do a challenge like build a fire or something small that can be done at Tribal, to determine who goes. I really wish it would have been Ciera that got the rock though, since she was the one who tied it up. Smart move I guess, but it would have been funny had it backfired onto herself. But I'm secretly glad it wasn't Tyson because I so want to hear his "vote for me" speech at Final Tribal, plus I want him to blindside everyone with that HII. I love it when people are smart enough to keep their mouths shut about having an HII and then shock everyone when they pull it out.

So when the heck does the Redemption Island person get to come back?! They miss all the good shyte that goes down at Tribal.

vCash
    I agree with the rock vote. Should be between the two tied for vote off. Having said that, I wish Tyson pulled the white rock. Can't stand the guy in any way shape or form! I was surprised Ciera actually switched but clearly she could see she's #4 and not going to last with her current alliance. It will be next to impossible for H/C to break up the T/M/G alliance.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    I think they exempt the previously voted players so that the other players have more incentive to break the tie. If you know you are vulnerable if you don't switch your vote, you are more likely to do so and break the tie.

vCash
    I think they exempt the previously voted players so that the other players have more incentive to break the tie. If you know you are vulnerable if you don't switch your vote, you are more likely to do so and break the tie.
    I think you are correct.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Yes, I think they want the rock pick to be one of those last resort things. If the 2 people with the votes were the only ones picking rocks then I can see the voters purposely causing ties all the time just so they can try to keep their hands clean.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Redemption island makes it a little less risky, especially if you're someone who has faith in his/her ability to play their way back in.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I really dislike how the pick a rock thing works. Why should the two people who were tied for being voted out, twice in a row, then be exempt from being voted out?
    I think the producers do NOT like ties. I'm wondering if the fire-building challenge didn't move the game in the way that producers wanted, so they moved to the rock thing. And to push people away from making ties (which they don't like), they take the two with votes out of the mix to put more pressure on the others to DO SOMETHING. If they fail to make a move, then this boring inactivity puts a bullseye on themselves.

I really wish it would have been Ciera that got the rock though, since she was the one who tied it up.
    It wasn't Ciera that tied things up, but Gervaise. He was going to work with Hayden, Katie and Ciera to get rid of the much-too-powerful Tyson. But Gervaise wimped out.

I love it when people are smart enough to keep their mouths shut about having an HII and then shock everyone when they pull it out.
    Smart sometimes, dangerous at others. There can be repercussions if you withhold information from your team. It was interesting how it appeared Tyson took no flack from his allies for withholding this information from them. Hayden is so right in that Tyson is dominating the game and those who follow him are ONLY playing for second and third place. In which ways do Gervaise and Monica think they can beat Tyson? (Yes, Monica has won challenges, but other than that, she has not directed this game in any way at all.) At least Ciera woke up and realized she was not in the top three. She should be grateful to Hayden for nudging her over and over and over again until finally her eyes opened.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I think fire building comes into play when they are down to the final four (?)

ETA - if idiot Ciera hadn't ratted out Hayden and Caleb last week, she'd be in a more powerful alliance by now.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    It wasn't Ciera that tied things up, but Gervaise. He was going to work with Hayden, Katie and Ciera to get rid of the much-too-powerful Tyson. But Gervaise wimped out.
    Gervase has been pretty clear that he was sticking with his alliance - and I believe Ciera intended to as well but Hayden's poking at tribal convinced her. It was an exciting but dumb move on her part - 2 of the 3 drawing rocks were in the fragile little rebellion - odds were that she would now be on the losing side of a 3/2 split next TC. In general Ciera's game has been poor, then surprisingly sharp, then way too smug (which swings her back to poor) - she's all over the place.

Sucks to be Katie tonight - she gets hit in the head repeatedly in the challenge , gets called out by Jeff for not understanding/underplaying the game, then gets Tyson's sarcasm and ire for losing the big gamble when she had at most one more TC. I really hope Tina does not let her win the challenge next RI though - Tina is such a way better competitor than her daughter (same can be said for Laura M).

Interesting point about this season - the big players are mostly alpha-ish guys, but the challenges, both RI and IC, have been dominated by older women. Gervase did a great job winning immunity this week, but I kinda hope it goes back to Monica again next week, just because.

ETA - agreed that Ciera had the chance to be part of a powerful alliance last week and blew it.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    All good points about why the tied up people get exempted. Never even thought of those reasons! 27 seasons and I still don't understand all the nuances of this freaking game.

But even if I hate the person who has the HII, I do still like it when they keep quiet about having it and then screw up everyone's plans. But I really want to hear Tyson give a vote for me speech. There will be more people on the jury who dislike him and I don't think they will vote for him simply for that reason. So I don't think he will win regardless. Of course, whenever I say that, then that person always wins.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    ETA - agreed that Ciera had the chance to be part of a powerful alliance last week and blew it.
    Seems to me that Ciera would have been 4th in whichever alliance she chose last week. She just thought she was third to Tyson and Gervaise so went with them. It was a rude awakening for her this week that Monica was ahead of her.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    It is a F2 this time or the dreaded F3? At this point, it's likely that 3 pairs will be on the jury - if Hayden is sitting up there with Tyson, with Gervase (or Tyson and Gervase), Hayden will probably be the recipient of votes from Caleb, Aras, Vytas, Katie and Tina, and probably Laura. Ciera may still vote for Tyson And Monica would vote for Tyson or Gervase unless she gest super bitter next ep (looks possible). If Monica is up there with either, or both of them, she will likely get Tina, Laura and Katie's votes. Aras and Vytas may be able to get over their bitterness to T/G if their other option is to vote for a woman. Depends on how Monica can handle the FTC - she could play up her adversity re: seeing her husband become the villain and her challenge dominance. Hayden will vote for Tyson, and Caleb may too. If Ciera somehow makes it to the finals, she'll get Laura, Tina, probably Katie, and might get Aras/Vytas in a move of pairs solidarity.

Tyson v Gervase, Tyson wins unless the jury is completely bitter. Tyson has been the leader of the alliance, and as we saw last night, Gervase is prone to saying the wrong thing in TC. If Gervase engineers Tyson's elimination he could pull out a win, but he's been such a secondary part of the dominant alliance that it may be hard to overcome. Maybe against Ciera.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    ...I wish Tyson pulled the white rock. Can't stand the guy in any way shape or form!
    Tyson is as nasty a person as he is a good player. He deserves the win. But I won't like that he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    I was surprised Ciera actually switched but clearly she could see she's #4 and not going to last with her current alliance. It will be next to impossible for H/C to break up the T/M/G alliance.
    It wasn't surprising to see Ciera flip when every time they counted out the final four, they ALWAYS counter her in the #4 position. Silly Survivors! It would have been so easy for each of them to point to Ciera first, Monica second and then put themselves last. Things would have played out so differently if they had just done that simple, obvious thing. When you count out your strong voting block, you always put the most vulnerable person in the #1 position and yourself last.

..itt was an exciting but dumb move on her (Ciera's) part - 2 of the 3 drawing rocks were in the fragile little rebellion - odds were that she would now be on the losing side of a 3/2 split next TC. In general Ciera's game has been poor, then surprisingly sharp, then way too smug (which swings her back to poor) - she's all over the place.
    I don't think Ciera's ever been truly part of the main group...and inside she knows that. So she has never had the luxury of Gervaise or Monica to just sit back and ride the wave. She saw the other tribe vote out her Mom when they could have voted out Laura B. And then they got rid of Ciera's Mom again when she wanted to work with the main group...that Ciera is supposed to belong to. And Ciera's right to have flipped, isn't she? Did Tyson or Gervaise ever say to her that she was #3 in their group over Monica?

Sucks to be Katie tonight - she gets hit in the head repeatedly in the challenge , gets called out by Jeff for not understanding/underplaying the game, then gets Tyson's sarcasm and ire for losing the big gamble when she had at most one more TC.
    Katie's know for a while that her chances of going are pretty high almost every week. Whether she gets another three days or not before getting booted out probably did not weigh too heavily on her. She got her biggest chance when Ciera flipped, but fate (and the numbers) were not on her side. I think if I was her, I'd be happy to get booted out. It must be tough to be part of a game where you're always on the outside and there is not really anything you can do to be part of the group that has numbers.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I don't see Gervase getting any of the bitter at Tyson jury votes. When the slightest bit of confrontation presents itself Gervase loses his mind. Can you imagine him responding to jury questions? He's going to go nuts

With Monica being a perceived doormat by a lot of the jury, things are looking great for Tyson in the F3.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast