Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Sooooooo happy Colton QUIT

From the Bloc
    vCash
    It's also one thing to quit in front of a new cast who are also feeling the this-is-harder-than-it-looked-from-my-couch voids, but around a bunch of 2-3 time veterans inc several winners really, really puts him into his place in the Hall of Shame.

Funny that Caleb didn't shed a single tear over this - but of course Brad made the aftermath all about him instead of Caleb.

vCash
    I'm not sure how I feel about the Aras/Vytas brother angle. It can get played out really quickly, but at least this gives me more of a sense of who Aras is. He won his season and but was overshadowed by the bigger personalities he played against (Cirie, Shane, Terry).

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    It's also one thing to quit in front of a new cast who are also feeling the this-is-harder-than-it-looked-from-my-couch voids, but around a bunch of 2-3 time veterans inc several winners really, really puts him into his place in the Hall of Shame.
    I agree, though I don't believe Colton himself feels any shame. He could have pulled himself out of the game at any time and instead he chose to do it right before the duel when both tribes were there to witness it.

vCash
    I'm going to have to rewatch the episode because there was just so much going on, but I have to admit that my favorite part was Marissa cussing out Brad. He is a total idiot and frankly, it's his bone-headed decisions to vote out Marissa and Rachel first that have his tribe in the position that they are in. No doubt, Katie and Ciera should have been gone, in that order, point blank, period, that's it that's all. Brad put his tribe in a position where they have to think strategically further into the game because they aren't going to win any challenges. But even that is kind of pointless if the whole tribe gets decimated.

Colton was a complete embarrassment. I couldn't even watch it. And I knew it was coming because of the previews. He needs professional help in a major way. And that goes way beyond the game.

Sorry to see Tyson's injury. Hopefully he'll be okay. An injured Tyson is certainly better than other tribe members that are 100% physically ok. I agree that his strategic game seems stronger than before (although I don't think his move in Heroes vs Villains is as bad as everyone says). He is entertaining, for sure.

Brad is a mess. He didn't think of all of the repercussions of voting someone out and they are biting him in the ass. And there is a lot of backlash. His tribe is onto him, everyone at RI hates him, and in the end that's going to make life really hard for his wife on the other tribe. According to the previews for next week, he thinks more of himself than he is. And what's more is he hasn't proven himself to be this great threat that he claims himself to be. Voting him out wouldn't be any great loss as far as I am concerned. But his tribe will keep him for a little bit in an attempt to win a challenge or two.

Poor Vytas and Aras. Sibling rivalry never dies.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Colton's story:

Gordon Holmes: So…what happened?
    Colton Cumbie: Well…I guess…I quit. (Laughs) What do you want to know?
    Holmes: Let’s start with what made you come to this decision.
    Cumbie: When they separated us, I was like, “I don’t want to be here anymore.” That was the starting point for me. I thought, I’ll tough it out, I’ll get to a swap or something. But then I kept thinking, when are they going to swap us? What ended up being the ultimate reason is I was trying to salvage Caleb’s game. That’s why I kept saying, “I don’t know, I don’t know.” That’s why Jeff was irate with me. I wouldn’t answer his questions because I couldn’t tell him what I was thinking. What I was really thinking was; I know I’m going to get voted out. I know I’m going to walk into the arena, and have you met my fiancé? He’s like the ultimate hero.
    Holmes: He is.
    Cumbie: He’s going to come down, he’s going to take my place. There won’t be any discussion. He’ll convince me to go to his tribe. And these challenges are not his forte. He’s not going to win these duels. And then he’d have sacrificed his game for me. I didn’t want that. Caleb came to play for Caleb, not for me. I honestly think me leaving is going to be a kickstart for him. He realizes he doesn’t have to worry about me anymore.

I found it very odd that Caleb wasn't given a confessional about Colton's exit. Tyson got to cry over Rachel, even while saying he didn't care, but Caleb got nothing. He's barely on the show. It's all Brad, Brad, and more Brad.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Well for sure Caleb now can play the game without the specter of his (hated) partner. I mean, Mrs Rupert can now play for herself and she seems to be doing ok for herself within her new tribe, and in challenges. I'm guessing though that Caleb and Colton are still together, and it's just a complete mystery how anyone can find Colton's personality tolerable if they are remotely sensible.

I hope Brad does get eliminated soon, if only because I kinda like Monica and she is public enemy #1 on her tribe if they lose and he's still there. I wonder if she would trade with him - it wouldn't surprise me if he would expect it of her.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I'm guessing though that Caleb and Colton are still together
    They are; Caleb was with Colton during his interview rounds.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I agree, though I don't believe Colton himself feels any shame. He could have pulled himself out of the game at any time and instead he chose to do it right before the duel when both tribes were there to witness it.
    Good point. He craves attention so much he chose the moment with the biggest audience, even though it resulted in the biggest smackdown by Jeff and put his boyfriend in an uncomfortable and potentially damaging position. To want attention that much - as in any kind of attention no matter the circumstances or consequences - is the stuff of a lifetime of therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    I'm going to have to rewatch the episode because there was just so much going on, but I have to admit that my favorite part was Marissa cussing out Brad. He is a total idiot and frankly, it's his bone-headed decisions to vote out Marissa and Rachel first that have his tribe in the position that they are in. No doubt, Katie and Ciera should have been gone, in that order, point blank, period, that's it that's all. Brad put his tribe in a position where they have to think strategically further into the game because they aren't going to win any challenges. But even that is kind of pointless if the whole tribe gets decimated. <snip>

Brad is a mess. He didn't think of all of the repercussions of voting someone out and they are biting him in the ass. And there is a lot of backlash. His tribe is onto him, everyone at RI hates him, and in the end that's going to make life really hard for his wife on the other tribe. According to the previews for next week, he thinks more of himself than he is. And what's more is he hasn't proven himself to be this great threat that he claims himself to be. Voting him out wouldn't be any great loss as far as I am concerned. But his tribe will keep him for a little bit in an attempt to win a challenge or two.
    Agree with all this, and further, I think the tribe might keep him a little longer as he's a great shield that they can hide behind for now. I'm not sure what's in Caleb's head, but surely that's what Hayden and Vytas are thinking.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I found it very odd that Caleb wasn't given a confessional about Colton's exit. Tyson got to cry over Rachel, even while saying he didn't care, but Caleb got nothing. He's barely on the show. It's all Brad, Brad, and more Brad.
    My bet is Caleb just isn't giving good confessionals. He got one question at TC and his answer couldn't have been blander. Some players just don't give the editors much to work with.

And certainly he would never have been cast if he was not attached to Colton - they got lucky in some ways with the rest of the loved ones, but in Caleb's case, I think Colton could have brought anyone and they would have taken him.

vCash
    I hope Brad does get eliminated soon, if only because I kinda like Monica and she is public enemy #1 on her tribe if they lose and he's still there. I wonder if she would trade with him - it wouldn't surprise me if he would expect it of her.
    I'm not sure that she would be public enemy #1, as she was part of the alliance of 5 that was formed at the water spot. Albeit that alliance was mainly founded on wanting to avoid Colton's drama so it will be interesting to see if the alliance sticks now that he is gone.

I don't see Brad expecting Monica to switch with him because he seems like the kind of guy who thinks he has to be macho and protect his little woman, in part based on the first stupid thing he said at the beginning of the season (re having mixed feelings about winning if the prize would be comfort for Monica). I think he would find it un-manly to expect her to switch with him.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Alliances aren't really real until they survive a vote.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    CBC has put up a clip of Caleb's reaction to Colton leaving but, of course, it's geoblocked outside the USA. Perhaps someone could share a synopsis?

Here's the link: http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/vi...lton-quitting/
    Can't skate but love to watch

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    CBC has put up a clip of Caleb's reaction to Colton leaving but, of course, it's geoblocked outside the USA. Perhaps someone could share a synopsis?

Here's the link: http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/vi...lton-quitting/
    "Now that he's gone, it's a big weight off my shoulders."

He says that Survivor is hard and some people are cut out for it and some aren't. He loves Colton, they will be together for the rest of their lives, Colton isn't quitting him, but now that Colton is gone, he can stop worrying about him and just focus on playing the game for himself.

For what it's worth, Jeff picked Caleb as one of his frontrunners to win in his pre-season predictions because Caleb is so likable.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    "Now that he's gone, it's a big weight off my shoulders."

He says that Survivor is hard and some people are cut out for it and some aren't. He loves Colton, they will be together for the rest of their lives, Colton isn't quitting him, but now that Colton is gone, he can stop worrying about him and just focus on playing the game for himself.

For what it's worth, Jeff picked Caleb as one of his frontrunners to win in his pre-season predictions because Caleb is so likable.
    Thanks for that! That's what I sort of suspected. I still find them a strange couple...

P.S. of course, I meant CBS not CBC
    Can't skate but love to watch

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Culpepper is an idiot. And what a moron telling people that he wanted them to vote for John but he wanted to vote for someone else because he wanted to stay on good terms with John just in case.
    Yes, after seeing this happen, we later see Hayden and Vytas talking to Katie and Ciera about blindsiding Brad. I was waiting for somebody (especially either of the two women on the chopping block) to say, "well, the four of us have a winning voting block, we can do whatever we want to"...and then they'd vote out Brad. Who of course was plotting against one of his own (John) who was NOT plotting against any of them. But I guess they decided to get out someone likeable who could take votes from them in the end. But to get to the end, you need to win challenges, you DOLTS!

I knew that Colton didn't have appendicitis, but he WAS treated for a bacterial infection and the doctor DID say on the broadcast that she thought he had appendicitis, and I think Jeff gets impatient with some of the medical evacs.
    When Colton left, wasn't he in charge of his tribe? It served no purpose for him to leave in that situation...ONLY if he was in so much pain that his only choice was to leave. Colton never said he had appendicitis or anything...just that he was in pain. And the medical staff said he should leave. So Jeff going on and on about Colton quitting twice shows you what a bitch Probst is.

I'm guessing though that Caleb and Colton are still together, and it's just a complete mystery how anyone can find Colton's personality tolerable if they are remotely sensible.
    ???
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Caleb! Vytas!

What a great tribal council!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I want Candice & Culpepper to be stuck together on Redemption Island for a long time - if he knocks John out if the game Candice is going to be fit to be tied.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Well, well. Hello, Caleb. Where have you been?

And Monica wants to take Brad's place? Really? Oh, Monica, his manhood would never stand for it.

I will laugh myself senseless if Caleb's tribe wins the next immunity challenge .

vCash
    Way to go Caleb!
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    All I can say is !!!!!!!! And I hope Candace and John kick his ass at the challenge and he's gone gone gone!!! Although my impression of him is that he is so selfish, I won't be surprised if he let's Monica take his place.

Brilliant move!!!!

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast