Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    I enjoyed last night's episode alot.

Thankfully Brad wasn't shown all that much and Candice and Marissa didn't panic and sent Rupert off to Sequesterville!! Thanks ladies!

I like Vytas the most out of the newbies and want to stage an intervention for Caleb so that he doesn't have to spend the rest of his life with Colton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    What is up with Tyson and Aras?
    Their bromance is adorable. It's great when guys are comfortable enough with each other and themselves to cuddle. Women do it all the time, so why not men?

vCash
    Interesting that Laura is now mothering Colton, the guy who was her sworn enemy until five minutes ago - which tells me that she is either really gullible, or his manipulative powers are even better than I think.
    I can't tell Laura and Monica apart so this subplot is confusing to me. He's working with one and hates the other? Meh, both of these boring people are tied to the ridiculous Colton and are getting more story than they deserve.

vCash
    Good episode. Rupert is out!!!!!! Awesome!

Jamesy - thank you - I can't tell Laura and Monica apart either!! My eyesite is good.

Colton - please be gone, and yes poor Caleb. I do kind of get Colton complaining about the zen going on in his tribe, but I just don't like him, he is such a spoiled little baby.
    NFL guy - please leave. Gervase is annoying me some too.
    I am loving Ara/Vytas too.

Love the strategizing with who to kick out - based on switch w loved ones.
    From the newbies - I have a good vibe from Katie - not sure why, but watch out for her.
    Singles - will Rupert's wife be ignored now for awhile and be able to float through several TC with no target on her. If she has a good social game - could be interesting.
    So far I am enjoying the season and looking forward to the rest. As much as having returning players is getting old, it is nice to know most of the players from the beginning and seeing this much strategizing.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    Loving the twist of this season. So much to think about. If we vote out so and so will their partner on the other team take their place. Lots of twists. So happy to see Rupert go and will cheer like a wild woman once Colton is voted out!!!
    Yeah, I think we may all owe Jeff an apology for all the over the premise. It's actually interesting.

Much as I dislike returnee seasons, at least everyone here has come to play, and play hard. No model/actor wannabes in the bunch (well maybe a few, but at least they're all actual players).
    Next season is all new people, I think. We may miss this season. Just not Rupert .

Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I can't tell Laura and Monica apart so this subplot is confusing to me. He's working with one and hates the other? Meh, both of these boring people are tied to the ridiculous Colton and are getting more story than they deserve.
    I thought it was Monica who was giving Colton advice? I couldn't follow any of that mess with Tina and Kat--WTH was going on there?

The massage and zen thing makes me think Aras is really popular; that's his kind of thing. I remember the massages from his other season. He and Tina seem to have a lot in common in terms of game play; I wonder if they will end up working together (I am not spoiled, so that's not a hint)

Also, I will bet almost anything that Tyson does not change places with his girlfriend next week. Those previews reeked of editing. That tiny nod? Nah, she's going to play for herself.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I agree re Tyson. He wants to win this thing, and he knows it's about more than being Ozzy and winning challenges to stay afloat - you have to be part of the game and doing the social too.

vCash
    I'm in a hurry so I'll do an in depth post later.......

I would've voted off John. The chances that he found the idol would have been slim. The tribe is suspicious of him because if the clue; his alliance was suspicious because he didn't want to vote out Rachel. But most importantly, his wife is already on RI and both if them won't get back into the game effectively breaking up another pair. I liked Vytas's reasoning but no way in hell will Tyson give up his spot. I think they may have overthought voting out Rachel.

So my objective would be eliminating pairs as quick as I could because the loved ones are going to have a naturally stronger alliance than the tribal one. Every tribal I would be trying to vote out whoever had someone at RI.

I already picture Artas and Vytas sitting in the end together at the final TC.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Got to see last night's ep, and even though the format isn't quite so hateful as I'd feared from the premise, I'm not ready to apologize to Probst yet. Another testosterone heavy bro-fest. No thanks.

I know it's likely just editing but puhleeze let Colton quit next week.

Poor Candice won the first clue to give away and put a huge target on her husband's back - he really didn't think that through very well. Good idea of Katie and Ciena (?) to vote for John in case he had the HII - I only wish he had.

Brad sucks, Hayden sucks, John is playing way too much with his heart. Colton's bf didn't even register in last night's ep, but just the fact that he is associated with Colton means he's not someone I want to see in the game. Vytas and Katie are the only people on that tribe I have the slightest interest in.

On the other side, I'm rooting for Tyson and Tina, and to a lesser extent Aras - but the whole Abel and Cain thing is off putting.

OTOH, I'm kinda rooting for Gervase's niece to hang in there a while on Redemption Island.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Interesting that Laura is now mothering Colton, the guy who was her sworn enemy until five minutes ago - which tells me that she is either really gullible, or his manipulative powers are even better than I think.
    I'm thinking it's more of a "keep your enemy close" thing than it is a "poor baby, let me mother you". However much it is of the latter, I think she's willing to use that to her advantage as far as having someone vote in line with her.

What is up with Tyson and Aras?
    What do you mean? I don't remember anything in particular happening between them?

Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    So happy to see Rupert go and will cheer like a wild woman once Colton is voted out!!!
    At times during the immunity challenge, it looked like the returnees were trying to lose. I wondered if this was a strategy to get rid of Colton as he was creating WAY too many problems for the tribe. It'd be funny if this was true and in spite of trying to lose, they STILL beat the newbies!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I still have a crush on Aras I hope him and Vytas go to the end, however I agree with genevieve the Cain and Abel storyline will suck and be a total manufactured one by the producers.

Hilarious that Poopert went out first, hope this is the last time we'll see him on Survivor. Colton too... gawd that preview for next week with him and his antics look terrible... here is hoping he quits and never comes back too.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    What do you mean? I don't remember anything in particular happening between them?
    They were kind of cuddling around the camp fire it was cute

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    I would've voted off John. The chances that he found the idol would have been slim. The tribe is suspicious of him because if the clue; his alliance was suspicious because he didn't want to vote out Rachel. But most importantly, his wife is already on RI and both if them won't get back into the game effectively breaking up another pair.
    Normally I would agree, but I think when you have a strong 5 person advantage, you hang on to it as long as you can. If they had got rid of John they would have been down to 4-3, too close for comfort.

Candice did put a target on John's back, but what else could she do?

vCash
    I agree with Jenny that it was too soon to vote off John. In addition to not wanting to break up the 5 person alliance, tribal strength is still important this early in the game and the merge is far enough off that there should still be several tribal immunity challenges to go.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    It's interesting now that the loved ones have established a "we're going after your tribe by voting off your loved ones" strategy. What happens with the returnees lose? Do they aim for tribal strength, or go after someone linked to a perceived threat on the other tribe? That might keep Gervase and Tyson safe, because they are already weakened, but it could hurt those linked to the big strong guys - Monica and Kat. Not sure if the returnees would see Vytas as much of a threat yet - I don't think he's starred in any comps yet, and if Aras has been careful about how he describes him and their relationship around camp, he might still be under the radar. I could also see the returnees targeting Colton because he's got a strong partner who he's clearly quite close to, along with that he's annoying of course. (Sidebar, but they might just keep around figuring he's a good shield and will self destruct at some point anyway.)

On a related point, I don't think we've seen a lot of discussion about relationships between returnees and loved ones outside of Vytas - I wonder how many, perhaps influenced by Brad's gaff at the very beginning, are downplaying how close they are and playing up rivalry instead, or are they instead sitting around talking about how tight they are and how worried they are for them and how they miss them etc, thus making everyone else wary of them both making it to merge.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Candice did put a target on John's back, but what else could she do?
    So much! She was given a golden opportunity and she blew it. The first thing she should have done was to NOT plaster a big, giant target between her husband's eyes. Not only did she set up her partner, but she showed her team, the one she's fighting to get back onto, that she holds a grudge and isn't interested in working with them. What kind of welcome does she expect if she makes it back onto her tribe and she gave power to the opposition??

Instead, she HAD to give it to someone on her own tribe. It would show that she was not bitter about being voted out and wanted to support her tribe. (Whether she actually felt this way or not does not matter, she had to at least create that illusion.) A good choice to give it to would be someone like Aras. This would make him a target, make people start thinking about him. Does he now have too much power? Does he have a secret alliance with Candice? Isn't he the guy who already has won A MILLION DOLLARS? Isn't he both likeable and inoffensive? Are we all going to let him coast to his second million dollar win?

If Candice makes it back to her tribe, she could pull Aras aside and say, "I gave you the clue because you're the person I respect the most. You know how to go to the end, which I've been unable to do, and I really wanted to work with you. I was also hoping you might have an alliance that I could be a part of and if you have a weak link in your alliance, I hope you would consider me to take that spot as I've already chosen you over my (beloved) husband to work with".

I have no idea why she gave the clue to her husband. He did not use it well. He had an alliance and he should have shown the clue to them immediately to show he was rock solid with their alliance. Instead he made himself an outsider right away. Not the sharpest tool in the shed. Luckily he's standing next to Mr. Doofus Brad so he doesn't look like a COMPLETE idiot.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Good thought PeterG - I think they might all assume that the person who survives RI rejoins the game at merge, because hasn't that been the way in the past? But even there, she's shown she's over all her fellow returnees while if she wants to get in with the loved ones then in theory at least, her husband should be working that angle.

I guess she had another opportunity too - to give the impression that she and her husband might not be that close, game wise. She could have said "John didn't want to switch with me, so I'm not giving him an advantage now. We said we'd each come here to win, so we'll who outlasts the other."

Also, agree that John didn't play that right. He keeps it to himself and then quite obviously wanders off looking for it. At this stage, you're right it wouldn't have hurt him to share the clue - I think bro code would dictate that if someone joined him in the search, it would still be his, and he could even say "we'll use it as an alliance" because there wouldn't be a need any time soon. But now of course there is, since he's hoarding it and not being a team player.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Good thought PeterG - I think they might all assume that the person who survives RI rejoins the game at merge, because hasn't that been the way in the past? But even there, she's shown she's over all her fellow returnees while if she wants to get in with the loved ones then in theory at least, her husband should be working that angle.
    I recall that at least one time with redemption island (the season Boston Rob won), there were 2 returnees - one before the merge, and one right before final 4.

vCash
    Just caught up with the last 2 episodes. I'm liking the format so far. So happy Rupert is gone, but his hero complex will be even more insufferable at this point. Good thing it will be off camera.

Early favorites -

Candice and John seem like a strong pair. Kind of bummed that if she's going to do anything in the game it's going to require a bunch of challenge wins. She's better than players from previous RI seasons that are primarily known for being RI beasts. I hope that's not her story of this season. I do agree though she messed up with the idol clue.

I like Caleb. I don't know how Colton landed him, other than there doesn't seem to be a lot of options where they come from...? Maybe Colton has a better personality in real life....? It seems Caleb could do better.

I'm glad to see Tina back.

Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    They were kind of cuddling around the camp fire it was cute
    When I was watching the episode I actually had to rewind it because I was like "wait, who is that guy in Tyson's arms?" Panama was the only season I've ever missed, so I'm not really familiar with Aras. I like their dynamic though.

I didn't like how Aras referred to Colton as "the gay Russell Hantz." Why not just another "Russell Hantz"?

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I actually screamed out loud yes yes yes when Rupert lost!!! I think its so hysterical that the producers keep setting up Rupert to win this show and he never does. Of course, this means the next version they will have to think of a reason to bring him back ... a-g-a-i-n .... but still so freaking funny he is the first one out! Loved it when he just blew his way thru that maze on the first block thinking he would intimidate the girls by going to fast, and all it did was make it even harder for him to stabilize his base.

vCash
    I don't get the hate about Rupert, but I don't know why, I like his wife and it's the best opportunity for her to last.

Who is getting the winner edit so far ? I can see two or three.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I used to not hate Rupert. But as he came back for each Survivor trip, I just felt he became more arrogant and egotistical, which completely turned me off. Very first time he was on I thought he was a riot. Each time he came back, I liked him less and less.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast