View Poll Results: Biggest Star To Come Out of The Voice?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Javier Colon (Won season one)

1 2.50%
  • Dia Frampton (Season 1, second place)

1 2.50%
  • Vicci Martinez (Season 1, tied for third)

5 12.50%
  • Beverly McClellan (Season 1, tied for third)

0 0%
  • Jermaine Paul (Season 2 winner)

0 0%
  • Juliet Simms (Season 2, second place)

1 2.50%
  • Tony Lucca (Season 2, third place)

0 0%
  • Chris Mann (Season 2, fourth place)

4 10.00%
  • Cassadee Pope (Season 3 winner)

6 15.00%
  • Terry McDermott (Season 3 runner-up)

0 0%
  • Nicholas David (Season 3, third place)

1 2.50%
  • I Don't Remember Any Of Them Now...

23 57.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

The Voice, Season Five

The show returns on Monday, September 23rd. Christina and Cee-Lo are back. Cher, Ed Sheeran, Miguel, Ryan Tedder (OneRepublic) Officially Named Advisers. Interesting that Cher is not working alongside Christina, but...Blake?? I know that Cher's new album was at one time going to be a country album. Maybe she hasn't let go of that idea.

Other news:

Voice and Idol Alum, Jamar Rogers In Intensive Care After Lung Infection
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Stats for those in the poll are below. I did not include info about anyone from last season, but Danielle Bradbery has a single out called "The Heart of Dixie" which has hit #16 on the country charts and #58 on the pop charts with sales of 93,000 so far. Michelle Chamuel has a 2013 album listed on her Wikipedia page entitled "All I Want".

Javier's album "Come Through You" reached #134 on the pop chart and #20 on the R & B chart. Singles from the album were "As Long as We Got Love" (duet with Natasha Bedingfield) and "A Drop In The Ocean".

Dia's album "Red" hit #104 on the pop chart. The single was "The Broken Ones".

Vicci's album "Vicci" was released in 2012 and included two single releases, "Come Along" (featuring Cee Lo Green) and "I Can Love".

Beverly McClellan had two albums released in 2011, one self-titled and the other called "Fear Nothing". No mention at Wikipedia of single releases.

Jermaine Paul has not released an album, but has a tentative title: "Finally". "I Believe in This Life" was released as a single in 2012.

Juliet Simms has not released an album, but "Wild Child" was released as a single in 2012.

Tony Lucca has an EP released listed at Wikipedia entitled "With The Whole World Watching". First single entitled "Never Gonna Let You Go".

Chris Mann released the "Roads" album in 2012 and it hit #175 on the pop chart. The title track hit #30 on the adult contemporary chart and "O Come All Ye Faithful" from the "Home For Christmas" EP hit #20 on the same chart.

Cassaddee Pop has a #7 single release on the country charts, "Wasting All These Tears". It has hit #37 on the pop charts and Wikipedia lists it as selling 232,000 copies so far. An album is expected to be released in October, "Frame By Frame".

Terry McDermott has released two singles, "Pictures" (which hit #27 on the Rock chart) and "In Your Eyes".

Nicholas David: The "Say Goodbye" EP hits #1 on the iTunes Alternative Chart!!!

The Voice's Trevin Hunte Releases New "Elevate" Music Video

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Who cares about the singers. Xtina looks amazing. Both she and CeeLo have lost weight.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i think the biggest stars are the judges who were all exposed to new audiences and carson daily who comes off better than his counterparts on other shows

katrina parker out out a cd last wk and she sounds really good
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Ryan Tedder what is this show's obsession with him? No surprise he's paired with Adam.

Cher stole Tina Turner's wig!

The only Voice alumni I've noticed with ANY post-show activity are Vicci Martinez (because she's from here and performs locally pretty regularly), Dia Frampton (toured here right after S1) and Chris Mann, who had a surprisingly swank show in a large venue several months ago. no clue how ticket sales went, but it made me think he's got a following.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I will pick Cassaddeeeeee because I have seen her on a show other than The Voice. Once.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    My local radio station gave a lot of airplay to Vicci Martinez's first single (luckily, I liked it) and has just started playing the other song. It's one of those "I <3 Radio" stations, so it probably got airplay in other places too.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    The only Voice alumni I've noticed with ANY post-show activity are Vicci Martinez (because she's from here and performs locally pretty regularly), Dia Frampton (toured here right after S1) and Chris Mann, who had a surprisingly swank show in a large venue several months ago. no clue how ticket sales went, but it made me think he's got a following.
    I wasn't particularly a fan of Dia's when she was on the show, but a local library got her CD...and I think it's really great!

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    I'm crushed that Shakira is not returning to The Voice. What a waste!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I'm crushed that Shakira is not returning to The Voice. What a waste!
    She and Usher are slated to return next season.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Danielle Bradbery talks about her album release date and some of the songs on the album written by people with interesting connectins to the reality TV world. Plus a video cover of Carrie Underwood’s “See You Again”.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Ryan Tedder what is this show's obsession with him? No surprise he's paired with Adam.
    From Wikipedia:

Tedder has written and produced singles with artists such as Jennifer Lopez, Adele, Carrie Underwood, Leona Lewis, Jennifer Hudson, Alexandra Burke, Backstreet Boys, Beyoncé Knowles, Monrose, David Cook, Big Time Rush, Jordin Sparks, A. J. McLean, Chris Cornell, Ashley Tisdale, Ludacris, Gavin DeGraw, James Blunt, James Morrison, Paula DeAnda, Hilary Duff, Timbaland, Bubba Sparxxx, Dima Bilan, Shayne Ward, Lemar, Esmée Denters, Clay Aiken, t.A.T.u., Menudo, Ashanti, Natasha Bedingfield, Whitney Houston, Westlife, Charice, Varsity Fanclub, Sugababes, Daughtry, Mario, DJ Tiesto and a number of songs with various rock acts in the US and abroad.
    He's also worked with Kelly Clarkson, Adam Lambert, Jesse McCartney, Akon, Colbie Caillat, Demi Lovato, Maroon 5, B.o.B, The Wanted, Far East Movement, Gym Class Heroes, Ellie Goulding, Trey Songz, Jason Derulo, Cody Simpson, Lady Antebellum, Marina and the Diamonds, Dan Black, and Lights.

Or in other words...EVERYBODY.

vCash
    One of the local TV stations plays music when they segue to commercials during the morning local news program. They played a Cassadee Pope song the other morning.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Of the above list I have 2 downloads from Nicholas David & 1 from Tony Lucca (Baby One More Time ). Not on the list are 2 from Michelle Chamuel & 1 from Kris Thomas, plus I bought a duet he did with Pam Tillis. Michelle's Somewhere Only We Know is beautiful. I wouldn't have any of the winners' music as a gift.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    http://www.vevo.com/watch/christina-...o%2f5ohKCKljvr

Opening number. Xtina is gorgeous. I don't know what she did over the last 6 months, but it worked. Well, I do know she spent some time in Rwanda doing charity work which must have been a super diet workout session because she looks great. I think CeeLo has lost weight as well. I'm excited for the new season.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Xtina and CeeLo could have handled that one on their own. Adam was OK, but I don't think it was in his best key. Blake Shelton is so out-classed vocally, it's not even funny. They should just let Blake have the intro and then let the others do the heavy lifting.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Preview performance from tonight's first show of the season: Matthew Schuler – Cough Syrup

I thought I had heard that Cassadee Pope will be doing a reality TV show around putting together her new album. But there's nothing at Wikipedia about his. Has anyone heard anything about this? Wait...googled it. Found this article. It includes this:

Not only can fans expect the release of Frame By Frame next month but also the premiere of Cassadee's own docu-series (of the same name) on CMT. The six episode series gives fans a behind the scenes look at the singer's rise to fame - with the cameras following her in the recording studio making the album, around on her recent radio tour and preparing for the Rascal Flatts tour.
    Article about The Voice winning the Emmy for best reality TV program.

Nigel Lythgoe's twitter response to that win:

Shocked that The Voice won. Not so much for #SYTYCD but for #AmericanIdol. The first, the best and the program that changed the face of TV.
    VIDEO PREMIERE: Danielle Bradbery’s “The Heart Of Dixie”

Danielle Bradbery Joins The Brad Paisley Tour, Album Due November 19. Chris Young will also be on this bill.

The Voice 5 – Backstage Behind the Scenes – Video (Kinda boring, IMHO... )

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I Love Rock N Roll When my son was 4 he used to tell my mother, Mamaw, I love rock and roll, put another dime in the jukebox baby. She was going to buy him a drum set until I convinced her that was a bad idea. It sounded much better on the Bose speakers than on my computer and I'm just astounded at Xtina's transformation.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    is see lo's head tattooed or did he draw it on for street cred like tracy jordan?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    with the voice I think its just as much about the judges as it is the singers but then I never really hear of them again.. unlike X factor or even Idol where I know I'm far more familiar?? I do like X factor though... but partially for the competition between the judges..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Yet, the Voice has the highest ratings of all 3 X factor is doing very badly this year.

The 17 yo had an interesting voice but she needs a lot of training. But Donna blew her out of the water, but she should have gone with Xtina.
    Last edited by rfisher; 09-24-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast