Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I'm sorry, but if music wasn't important, skaters would compete without it. Music is a HUGE part of the program, of the whole package. Choreography without music is just a bunch of figures, music makes it tell a story, come to life and astonish us. Music is a huge deal, especially in the Olympic season.\
    Please do not put words in my mouth. I did not say that "music isn't important". I said that Meryl and Charlie choosing overused music is not going to be a big issue as long as the choreography is great. I didn't even say that they could choose "bad" music. I said that they could choose overused music and still make a program that would be awesome and would be very well loved. I said I was less concerned about the music that the program itself. I guess if you believe that Meryl and Charlie could somehow have great choreography and choreography that suits them without music or without making the music "tell a story and come to life" then we're just on really different pages.

vCash
    Picture of Meryl and Charlie with Cheryl Preheim. I think she's a CO local reporter. Nice picture.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CherylPre...779648/photo/1

vCash
    Needs more maize and blue.

vCash
    I really hope that the fact we haven't had any music news isn't because they need to change it.
    Getting impatient here.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    I'm hoping that we'll see an article tomorrow or later this week. If not I think we'll all be crazy.

vCash
    If I were to go by USFS's tweet earlier in the week, I am expecting it to be announced at SLC. They tweeted before all the skating sessions. I'm not going to assume that they have to change programs because of the silence. We've waited so long already that a couple more weeks doesn't seem bad at all.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Got my tickets for Skate America today! So excited.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    Got my tickets for Skate America today! So excited.
    Ooh, I hope mine will come tomorrow!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    I really hope that the fact we haven't had any music news isn't because they need to change it.
    Getting impatient here.
    I wouldn't panic about that at all. If I were them, I'd want to wait as long as possible to announce my music so that people have limit time to decide how they feel about the program before ever having seen it. Champs camp just happened, after all. It's not surprising they didn't put out a press release as soon as it ended.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I wouldn't panic about that at all. If I were them, I'd want to wait as long as possible to announce my music so that people have limit time to decide how they feel about the program before ever having seen it. Champs camp just happened, after all. It's not surprising they didn't put out a press release as soon as it ended.
    Maybe they're hoping to be the last dance team to announce their music, to have the greatest impact? You know, saving the best for last.

I must admit, I've been listening to Scheherazade as obsessively as I've been checking this board for updates. It's one of my favorite pieces of classical music--certainly my favorite among figure skating's "warhorses"--and I think it would make a fantastic freedance for MC. I think a lot would depend on the selections chosen and how they're edited together. Re-watching some of my favorite programs to this music (e.g., Midori Ito, 1990), I'm struck by how choppy the music cuts now sound to my ears. Compare this to e.g., Yuna Kim's version, which is much more seamless. I guess that's the advantage of digital music editing.

I'm really curious to know what they're using for their SD. Last year their Giselle program was so much more creative than anything anyone else did, a really inspired music choice. It's led me to feel a bit possessive of the SD--you know, that it "belongs" to MC. I hope Marina comes up with something equally inspired for their Finnstep. Although I guess a lot of that will depend on which of the other SD rhythms they choose. A lot of other teams seem to be picking the foxtrot--maybe MC will be nonconformists and go with something like swing?

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Is the Charleston a choice? I think Meryl would make an awesome flapper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Yes, Charleston is a choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    I'm really curious to know what they're using for their SD. Last year their Giselle program was so much more creative than anything anyone else did, a really inspired music choice. It's led me to feel a bit possessive of the SD--you know, that it "belongs" to MC. I hope Marina comes up with something equally inspired for their Finnstep. Although I guess a lot of that will depend on which of the other SD rhythms they choose. A lot of other teams seem to be picking the foxtrot--maybe MC will be nonconformists and go with something like swing?
    I hope so too! They're known for thinking out of the box when it comes to their SD music choices. Bollywood for Folk Dance. Jennifer Lopez for Rhumba (it wasn't my absolute favorite but I admit it was daring!) A ballet for Yankee Polka. I hope the pattern continues
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Like this?
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I was going to mention that. I would LOVE swing. Although, as others have mentioned, the best part about Giselle was that the CD was such a seamless part of that dance so I am on board for whatever they need to do to make that happen again.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Ah, so I guess that is out of the question? I don't watch, or remember, a lot of programs. I wish Giselle could've been this year.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    My (tentative) guess is that they'll choose something sharp and sparkly and 30's in feeling. Like Fred and Ginger as Vernon and Irene Castle. Three layers of dancer inception there.

vCash
    its amazing, How much they've improved. I love watching their old programs, here you can see how much better their twizzles are now. They were good before but now they are so much faster and cleaner. Their line and unison has also improved. What really impresses me is Charlie now, his maturity is so evident. So strong and more expressive. They are just incredible!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    I wish Giselle could've been this year.
    Ditto. It was the best SD performed by anyone since the SDs were introduced. That was definitely an Olympic gold material.
    But we need to believe they can pull off an even better one this year. Although I am rather sceptical, not because of M&C but because I absolutely do not dig all those finnsteps, swings, charlestones, foxtrots etc. They are a snoozefest for me. Gotta say the only OD from the 2008/2009 season I remember was MC's and that's only because of their CoR disaster (which i still find more adorable than terrible, btw ).

Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    its amazing, How much they've improved. I love watching their old programs, here you can see how much better their twizzles are now. They were good before but now they are so much faster and cleaner. Their line and unison has also improved. What really impresses me is Charlie now, his maturity is so evident. So strong and more expressive. They are just incredible!
    Totally agree! Even when I watch their Olympic silver winning performances from Vancouver I can't help but notice how much better they are now. It's incredible. I just wish the VM fans would open up their eyes and see that too. Tessa and Scott may have been technically better 4 years ago, but they haven't improved half as much as Meryl and Charlie throughout this period. Partially probably because of Tessa's health problems, but still.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Ditto. It was the best SD performed by anyone since the SDs were introduced. That was definitely an Olympic gold material.
    But we need to believe they can pull off an even better one this year. Although I am rather sceptical, not because of M&C but because I absolutely do not dig all those finnsteps, swings, charlestones, foxtrots etc. They are a snoozefest for me. .

I had a dream last night about their SD. In it, they were skating to White Stripe's Blue Orchid. (been listening to a lot of Jack White's music lately so that is probably why ) Now the funny thing is I now put that song on and I could actually see the finnstep fitting into the beat

Totally agree! Even when I watch their Olympic silver winning performances from Vancouver I can't help but notice how much better they are now. It's incredible. I just wish the VM fans would open up their eyes and see that too.
    Oh I think they have noticed. Hence why the arguments about their "reported" poor line, posture, edging, sameness of programs have stepped up recently. Before their 2011 GPF Final win, it was tempered. Now all bet's are off.
    Last edited by Kaffeine; 08-27-2013 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Forgot to add
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast