Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    Everyone is waiting for MC to tell their programs! Can you imagine the night before the actual Olympic games start?!
    Where are my T.rex tranquilizers?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Can you imagine the night before the actual Olympic games start?!
    It's not even funny how much of a basket case I'll be. After experiencing Olympic trauma twice with Michelle Kwan, I told myself not to get emotionally invested again. Curse you, Meryl and Charlie, and your skating brilliance!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    Well, if the USFSA has any sense, they'll be sure to treat Meryl and Charlie like the precious commodity they are. : )

I just want their music to be amazing--no matter what it is, I want it to show off MC to their best advantage.

Welcome! I think whatever they do with the music will make both the music and the skating amazing. I love their skating and the weave they are able to create between music / characters / skating. It becomes all one gorgeous offering.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    It's not even funny how much of a basket case I'll be. After experiencing Olympic trauma twice with Michelle Kwan, I told myself not to get emotionally invested again. Curse you, Meryl and Charlie, and your skating brilliance!
    Seriously! I still remember the intense butterflies I had when they were taking the ice for the CD at Vancouver. It was worse for the OD and I think I was worried about heart failure when time for the FD. And the thing was, them winning the silver medal was amazing, I wasn't even disappointed they didn't get the gold. This time around...its on.

And welcome, EA Week! So happy to have another DW fan in our midst! It's going to be an intense season...post often!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I just hope the twizzles are close to the beginning of the free dance because I'm incapable of breathing until those are done. At Worlds this year I thought I was going to go into cardiac arrest the entire first half of Notre Dame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    Where are my T.rex tranquilizers?
    lol what?!
    I just hope the twizzles are close to the beginning of the free dance because I'm incapable of breathing until those are done. At Worlds this year I thought I was going to go into cardiac arrest the entire first half of Notre Dame.
    We D/W fans need to come up with a little game or something right before they do their twizzles just to take our minds off it. Something like, who can hold their breathe the longest wins!

Does anyone know exactly what day the SD takes place? (I'm too lazy to google it). I might have school that day, idk. That may be a good thing and bad thing. Good because, I won't be constantly checking these forums and the ranks. Bad because, I do want to experience the anticipation with you guys. I hope it's a Friday!

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash

Does anyone know exactly what day the SD takes place? (I'm too lazy to google it). I might have school that day, idk. That may be a good thing and bad thing. Good because, I won't be constantly checking these forums and the ranks. Bad because, I do want to experience the anticipation with you guys. I hope it's a Friday!
    The SD is Sunday, February 16. The FD is Monday, Feb. 17. Not that I've already planned my entire work schedule during the Olympics.

vCash
    The SD is Sunday, February 16. The FD is Monday, Feb. 17. Not that I've already planned my entire work schedule during the Olympics.
    I won't have class on that Monday. Praise everything because there's no way I'd be able to focus. I'm already feeling sorry for the people living around me then.

vCash
    Due to some choice words that may or may not have come out of my mouth after the 2012 World's FD, my husband has said he has no plans on being anywhere near our house the night of Olympic FD.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    NBColympics.com better live stream all the skating like they did with the London Olympics events. There's no way I'm waiting until primetime to watch, and I don't do spoilers. Inadvertently seeing the '98 ladies results ruined me for life as far as spoilers are concerned.

vCash
    I think I'm going to wait until non official sources have their SD and FD posted. I just don't feel right supporting this Olympics in any way. I'm normally one of those 24 hour, nothing else is happening in my life, why don't I just take a few weeks off work Olympic viewers.

vCash
    Here's another welcome E.A. Week! Post long, post often!..and try to ignore the haters/mentally ill people that come in here every once in a while

Everyone is waiting for MC to tell their programs! Can you imagine the night before the actual Olympic games start?!
    Thanks to everyone for the kind welcome!

And LOL about the haters... I certainly know which threads on FSU to avoid.

I'm sure the night before the Olympic competition is going to be ridiculous. I'm glad we'll probably have the results well in advance (right?) and can hopefully enjoy the programs without melting down. (I've been going through this since Calgary; you'd think I'd be used to it by now). Although I'm most likely going to be at work when they're skating, and yikes! I can see now I'm going to be getting some odd looks from my co-workers.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash

vCash
    Seriously! I still remember the intense butterflies I had when they were taking the ice for the CD at Vancouver.
    Me too. I am such a wimp I actually prefer when the Olympics are in Europe or Asia, so everything happens while I am sleeping or at work with my mind on other things. I can only stand to watch figure skating live if I don't care about the results. (Come to think of it, for me that's of other sports as well.)

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I HATE knowing the results before I watch sports of any kind. It totally destroys the excitement and enjoyment for me. All the thrill of what I love about watching sports is gone. As emotionally draining and stomach-knotting as it is to watch live, I'd rather have that anxiety than know my favorites were going to lose before they even stepped on the tape-delayed ice.

Afterlife
    vCash
    With the big events, at least for dance because that has the bulk of my interest right now, I almost have to know the results before or I can't enjoy when I watch.
    During the Worlds SD this year I was working during it and tried begging the guy in the TV department to play the skating because I needed to know how Meryl & Charlie did. He wouldn't do it though. He was set on showing the poker game lol. I found the results on a display computer in our computer department instead. I was so glad to have the day of the FD off. I never would have been able to focus. As it was, I don't think I breathed at all through Meryl & Charlie's free dance. I had to go back and re-watch it later because I spent the whole time so nervous that they would fall on the twizzles or something that I didn't get to enjoy the program.
    So I actually don't mind that most of the dance will happen while I'm sleeping at the Olympics. Less distracting for work too.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    I HATE knowing the results before I watch sports of any kind. It totally destroys the excitement and enjoyment for me. All the thrill of what I love about watching sports is gone. As emotionally draining and stomach-knotting as it is to watch live, I'd rather have that anxiety than know my favorites were going to lose before they even stepped on the tape-delayed ice.
    Same here. Even though half the time I find myself getting up and walking around my house until I know the twizzles are over or I can hear the audience cheering, I just never want to know.

During the gymnastics team finals last summer, I jogged around my house the entire time Gabby was on beam. Then I did it again during the all-around.

vCash
    I do agree that when you watch live, it is hard to enjoy the skating of someone you support until it's actually over and you know they did well. On the other hand, I live for those emotions. I hate knowing the results in advance too. What I usually do is watch live (whenever possible) and focus on them doing well and then re-watch knowing the results to simply enjoy the skating.
    And yes, I do hold my breath until after the twizzles too

I am SO glad the Olympics are in Europe this time around. During the Vancouver games I was still a student and had no problem staying up all night watching skating and then simply skipping some morning classes to get some sleep, but well, employers are not that tolerant.

the best situation for me was during Torino, though. I had a two-week long winter break from high school at that very time and did nothing but watch the Olympics almost all the time

As for going to sleep and watching everything the next day - it usually doesn't work for me, especially with big events and especially with Meryl and Charlie. I'm just too nervous to fall asleep knowing that somewhere far away they are soon going to take the ice and fight for gold.

vCash
    NBColympics.com better live stream all the skating like they did with the London Olympics events. There's no way I'm waiting until primetime to watch, and I don't do spoilers. Inadvertently seeing the '98 ladies results ruined me for life as far as spoilers are concerned.
    Playing tape delayed broadcasts of any major live event is truly unacceptable. I can't understand their obsession with saving everything for primetime. I know they are trying to target a wider audience. In doing so, the audience that ends up getting targeted, is probably moving on to other channels/activities because their favorite show is not going to be on due to the Olympics. I would think most people who follow any sport would be willing to watch it live at any hour. It is definitely better these days since there are options to watch it online.

vCash
    I'm not even ready to be nervous about the Olympics yet--program reveal and the entire Grand Prix season are my stress priorities right now. Oh Autumn, driving around the state to cross country meets with my eternally patient teenaged son reading ISU results off the iphone. (I don't make him read Kiss and Cry play by play aloud, as that would be a step too far into crazy town for both of us. AND I put the phone away while he's running, because, you know, priorities. )

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast