Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Thank you so much! I'm going to cry, I'll have to wait until the evening to watch it...

Clueless American
    vCash
    Thank you so much TandBfan for the great vids! So exciting to see... love it so far

vCash
    How I hate it that due to time zones the most exciting things happen in this thread when I'm asleep!

Aaaaaaah! Love, love, love. This FD looks so different than any other they've ever had, so... ARTISTIC. And so mature. They're a completely different team than four years ago. I honestly didn't think Sheherezade could turn out so elegant. Everything looks so light and effortless and the lifts are simply stunning. The first one is a winner without a doubt, but I also love the very last one. Simple, yet so beautiful.

I had to feel a little disappointed at the lack of their signature spin entrance, but they still have the best spins out there so... no big deal.

God, I don't know how else to say it, but Charlie is so manly He looks so strong and powerful and yet he's channeling some ballet poses. I am honestly in love with the type of a male ice dancer Charlie is. And Meryl is so graceful and beautiful, she's seriously a nymph from another world. Their such a perfect match.

Gosh, I'm so excited I feel this is gonna be a complete winner!

Thank you so much, TanithandBenFan, you're my hero!!!

vCash
    LOVE IT. LOVE IT LOVE IT!! The footwork, the spin, the choreography, the music EVERYTHING!!!! Especially the end where they just jfisaojfireaofjaorefimoiamfd

They mean business this year. They're out to kill everything. D/W fans, are you ready to witness greatness on a new level?! Because I am.

ETA: Can I just say that I woke up at 5:28 am this morning to see this? NOT DISAPPOINTED. AT ALL!!!! Now you got me eager to watch these 100 times when I come home from school at 2:00 pm!!!!!

vCash
    I actually love how fluid the parts of the FD look this early in the season! And the ease with which they go into that first lift and how it comes out of nowhere is amazing.

One thing I noticed though is that I wish they'd just eliminate dance spins altogether because with COP there seems to be so little variation that gets you a level 4. Though I do love their conclusion of the spin, that small lift with the accent in the music!

vCash
    Wow, I could cry, that was so good!! They are so amazing, it's unreal. Just perfection and that was just practice vids!! Thanks so very much, TaBfan...I cannot wait to see this in comp this year over and over!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    LOVE IT. LOVE IT LOVE IT!! The footwork, the spin, the choreography, the music EVERYTHING!!!! Especially the end where they just jfisaojfireaofjaorefimoiamfd

They mean business this year. They're out to kill everything. D/W fans, are you ready to witness greatness on a new level?! Because I am.

ETA: Can I just say that I woke up at 5:28 am this morning to see this? NOT DISAPPOINTED. AT ALL!!!! Now you got me eager to watch these 100 times when I come home from school at 2:00 pm!!!!!
    I LOVE what I see so far. It's definitely Davis/White style but with extra spice. It's hard to imagine Davis/White being a bit slow but it looked like that. It's September so I'm really looking forward to see how they pick up their signature flow and speed throughout the season. Those lifts should be a lot snappier by December.

Love the little things like the catchfoot position leading into the spin. Different and I like it

I can't wait to see the whole program
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    So, I wonder what Meryl and Charlie have been up to since Worlds?

TaBFan: thank you so much!

I watched the videos before I went out to run this morning, hoping I could express how I feel about the clips coherently after---nope. I'm just so impressed. I really wasn't sure they were going to be able to top their accomplishments from last year, and not even in terms of results, but of athleticism and artistry. I shouldn't have worried.
    Last edited by CassAgain; 09-13-2013 at 12:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    TaBFan: thank you so much!

I watched the videos before I went out to run this morning, hoping I could express how I fee about the clips coherently after---nope. I'm just so impressed. I really wasn't sure they were going to be able to top their accomplishments from last year, and not even in terms of results, but of athleticism and artistry. I shouldn't have worried.
    Getting out the Kleenex.....

vCash
    OMG!!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!
    It looks soo good. Imagine how it's going to look with costumes??? I can't wait!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I had to feel a little disappointed at the lack of their signature spin entrance, but they still have the best spins out there so... no big deal.

God, I don't know how else to say it, but Charlie is so manly He looks so strong and powerful and yet he's channeling some ballet poses. I am honestly in love with the type of a male ice dancer Charlie is. And Meryl is so graceful and beautiful, she's seriously a nymph from another world. Their such a perfect match.
    ITA. I'm not going to lie. Between the tango and Notre Dome FDs I was hoping for some super crazy spin positions. I do like the was she goes into a split first. It's very pairs like. I almost expected a death spiral to happen.

Meryl is definitely channeling her inner diva and Charlie has really blossomed into his strength and power. He own it now, it doesn't own him. They're a great match.

vCash
    http://photography.ice-dance.com/201...3871-DW-RR.jpg

Take a look at this photo from ice-dance.com. Meryl is holding on with one hand
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Videos are up!

FD Part I
    I love the swing-through lift. Every thing looks great for this early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash

I"m so glad to see it from the front side! USFSA won't let us sit on the judges side (don't even get me started ) so all my pics will be from the back side of the programs. Soooo incredibly annoyed with them.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    I"m so glad to see it from the front side! USFSA won't let us sit on the judges side (don't even get me started )
    Is there not enough space?

Thanks so much for your pictures!

vCash

She's just... I can't wait to see this in full. And I'm so excited for the SD! It might be awhile before I get to see any of it, this is unfortunately a busy weekend for me.

vCash
    OMG. The clips so far are amazing! Thanks TanithandBenFan! I definitely cannot wait to see the whole thing so we can see what they are really creating here because it looks awesome! The lifts are amazing!

vCash
    Holy cow! If that's what their FD looks like in a not-fully-skated run-through at an early season competition... I can only imagine what it's going to look like a few months from now. Wow!

The lifts are amazing, and even at this early stage, the level of nuance is incredible. MC would appear to be leaving nothing to chance. And the music is so perfect for them!!! I'm so looking forward to watching this program grow and develop over the season.

Please God, let their costumes be purple. Please please please please pretty please.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Meryl in lavender strapless with gorgeous beading. Charlie in tux with vest and gray tie. Looks soooo My Fair Lady

vCash
    Meryl in lavender strapless with gorgeous beading. Charlie in tux with vest and gray tie. Looks soooo My Fair Lady
    Awesome. E.A.Week, looks like your wish has been granted.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast