Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 1001
  1. #181
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    232
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    As for FD costume, I know it will never happen, but I'd actually like to see Meryl wear something like this http://figureskating.free.fr/9619211.jpg I really love the "harem" pans (it is so typicam for Sheherezade )and I really liked them on Mao. And technicaly, "Ladies must wear a skirt" doesn't mean that ladies can't wear a shirt and pants But I guess the judges wouldn't appreciate it a lot, they didn't even at times of A/P, so they had to change it But all in all, I'm sur the dress will be cool, Meryl have a fantastic taste

  2. #182
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,421
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I also agree that MC might go for a very striking black/white look for their MFL short dance.
    White tie/white beaded ball gown would work but is perhaps more literal than they want. IMO the black/white Ascot dress would be all wrong for the music choices and story of the SP (not to mention really hard to get to look right in a short dress you could actually move in).

    Actually, for I Could Have Danced All Night, the literal choice would be a flannel nightgown for Meryl.

  3. #183

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,866
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    I bet you're right about the tux!

  4. #184

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,691
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993
    When I think of harem pants, I think of Oksana Baiul's "The Feeling Begins" program.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4W2u0CXryc

    I can't wait to see what the costumes look like next week.

  5. #185
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    Posts
    567
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So I now hope for Meryl in a two-piece ensemble and Charlie in his good ol' tux. Perhaps including the tie this time.

  6. #186
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sykr View Post
    As for FD costume, I know it will never happen, but I'd actually like to see Meryl wear something like this http://figureskating.free.fr/9619211.jpg I really love the "harem" pans (it is so typicam for Sheherezade )and I really liked them on Mao. And technicaly, "Ladies must wear a skirt" doesn't mean that ladies can't wear a shirt and pants But I guess the judges wouldn't appreciate it a lot, they didn't even at times of A/P, so they had to change it But all in all, I'm sur the dress will be cool, Meryl have a fantastic taste
    THIS, I want this. I didn't even care about pants two minutes ago, but now I do. Because Meryl is so petite she pulls off the half naked thing well.

  7. #187

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,866
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    Check out Jason Brown's Champ Camp Photo for Meryl! (Charlie is just a face in the crowd in this one.)
    The picture is number 5 in the gallery.
    http://www.icenetwork.com/photos/58909434?image_id=5

  8. #188

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eagerly awaiting the Olympics!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    18,542
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    10229
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    I love how everyone just forget Charlie's costume!
    I think we all know that the job of Charlie's costume is just to compliment Meryl's costume without distracting from it. Meryl's costume is where it is at.

    It'll be interesting to see what happens with the MFL costumes because most of the dresses from that film are very light in color and Meryl does tend to wear stronger colors. I sort of wonder if she'll end up wearing black. They may end up not taking such a literal approach to these costumes. I guess we'll possibly find out in a week. (Or we'll get the practice versions rather than the more final versions. Who knows.)

  9. #189

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pandora's Box
    Posts
    1,293
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I think we all know that the job of Charlie's costume is just to compliment Meryl's costume without distracting from it. Meryl's costume is where it is at.

    It'll be interesting to see what happens with the MFL costumes because most of the dresses from that film are very light in color and Meryl does tend to wear stronger colors. I sort of wonder if she'll end up wearing black. They may end up not taking such a literal approach to these costumes. I guess we'll possibly find out in a week. (Or we'll get the practice versions rather than the more final versions. Who knows.)

    She could take a dress form derivative of a ballroom dance (but with a shorter skirt) and then just add some touches reminiscent of the beaded dress and/or the ascot dress. So it doesn't scream MFL but be a slight tribute.
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

  10. #190

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    782
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3147
    Salt Lake City is such a ridiculously good deal ticket price and talent wise, I just looked at airline prices. As if I could pick up and leave family, job etc. But it sure is tempting....

  11. #191
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    303
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Check out Jason Brown's Champ Camp Photo for Meryl! (Charlie is just a face in the crowd in this one.)
    The picture is number 5 in the gallery.
    http://www.icenetwork.com/photos/58909434?image_id=5
    Aww! Cute! I wish there was a way to zoom in on those pics.

    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...and-Kostomarov
    Alexander Zhulin quotes about Meryl/Charlie:


    "I have never seen a World champion who were unworthy of this title. I don't remember. There are intrigues, but ask me who should have won World championships last year, I'd say: those who did. We have lived for many, many years in this big family called «figure skating». Everyone makes their living as they can. But do what you want, everything gets back where it should be.

    AS: At the same time, you repeatedly said that Meryl Davis and Charlie White are not your favorite team.

    AZ: Nevertheless, I saw that they were better technically, stronger and overall better prepared than we. I saw it. No one canceled skating, I repeat. You skate so that Davis/White cannot outskate you. But they outskated them, so it means they wanted it more, they worked for it more. Yes, Virtue and Moir are good, I like them... Mine — are good! But worse than Davis/White."


  12. #192

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    getting ready to explore the world
    Posts
    3,006
    vCash
    806
    Rep Power
    11737
    Can I just say, in light of the speculation about costumes (which I cannot wait to see, Meryl never disappoints!), I really hope Meryl has a yellow costume. She looked stunning in the yellow dress for the SLY exhibition.

    Can't wait for next week! It's so close that it's almost worse than the waiting all summer.

  13. #193
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    405
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Aww! Cute! I wish there was a way to zoom in on those pics.

    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...and-Kostomarov
    Alexander Zhulin quotes about Meryl/Charlie:


    "I have never seen a World champion who were unworthy of this title. I don't remember. There are intrigues, but ask me who should have won World championships last year, I'd say: those who did. We have lived for many, many years in this big family called «figure skating». Everyone makes their living as they can. But do what you want, everything gets back where it should be.

    AS: At the same time, you repeatedly said that Meryl Davis and Charlie White are not your favorite team.

    AZ: Nevertheless, I saw that they were better technically, stronger and overall better prepared than we. I saw it. No one canceled skating, I repeat. You skate so that Davis/White cannot outskate you. But they outskated them, so it means they wanted it more, they worked for it more. Yes, Virtue and Moir are good, I like them... Mine — are good! But worse than Davis/White."

    Not to beat a dead horse that's probably already been flogged a million times, but VM lost this year's World title in the short dance. They had two significant errors, which put them in a hole, point-wise, that they couldn't get out of unless MC had a huge problem in their freedance. It wouldn't have mattered if VM had given the skate of a lifetime in the free (which they didn't)--they would still have lost. I wish "experts" like Zhulin would remember things like this when giving their thoughts on an event. It's fine to say that he prefers VM to DW, but would it kill him to acknowledge that VM lost the title with their mistakes in the short dance? MC won because they had two clean programs, and that's how you win in figure skating.

  14. #194
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    Posts
    567
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Aww! Cute! I wish there was a way to zoom in on those pics.

    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...and-Kostomarov
    Alexander Zhulin quotes about Meryl/Charlie:


    "I have never seen a World champion who were unworthy of this title. I don't remember. There are intrigues, but ask me who should have won World championships last year, I'd say: those who did. We have lived for many, many years in this big family called «figure skating». Everyone makes their living as they can. But do what you want, everything gets back where it should be.

    AS: At the same time, you repeatedly said that Meryl Davis and Charlie White are not your favorite team.

    AZ: Nevertheless, I saw that they were better technically, stronger and overall better prepared than we. I saw it. No one canceled skating, I repeat. You skate so that Davis/White cannot outskate you. But they outskated them, so it means they wanted it more, they worked for it more. Yes, Virtue and Moir are good, I like them... Mine — are good! But worse than Davis/White."

    When I saw it was a Zhulin interview I got a little freaked--until the end!

  15. #195

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eagerly awaiting the Olympics!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    18,542
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    10229
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse that's probably already been flogged a million times, but VM lost this year's World title in the short dance. They had two significant errors, which put them in a hole, point-wise, that they couldn't get out of unless MC had a huge problem in their freedance. It wouldn't have mattered if VM had given the skate of a lifetime in the free (which they didn't)--they would still have lost. I wish "experts" like Zhulin would remember things like this when giving their thoughts on an event. It's fine to say that he prefers VM to DW, but would it kill him to acknowledge that VM lost the title with their mistakes in the short dance? MC won because they had two clean programs, and that's how you win in figure skating.
    I'm really not sure what part of this interview you are reacting to? He said that the people who won deserved to win.

  16. #196
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,322
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I'm really not sure what part of this interview you are reacting to? He said that the people who won deserved to win.
    I was wondering the same .

  17. #197
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chipocalypse, Chicago
    Posts
    614
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I think we all know that the job of Charlie's costume is just to compliment Meryl's costume without distracting from it. Meryl's costume is where it is at.
    I was being sarcastic. But that's okay, it takes a while for some people to discover that trait of mine.
    However, Charlie has had awesome costumes. Gotta give him credit when credit is due.
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Aww! Cute! I wish there was a way to zoom in on those pics.

    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...and-Kostomarov
    Alexander Zhulin quotes about Meryl/Charlie:


    "I have never seen a World champion who were unworthy of this title. I don't remember. There are intrigues, but ask me who should have won World championships last year, I'd say: those who did. We have lived for many, many years in this big family called «figure skating». Everyone makes their living as they can. But do what you want, everything gets back where it should be.

    AS: At the same time, you repeatedly said that Meryl Davis and Charlie White are not your favorite team.

    AZ: Nevertheless, I saw that they were better technically, stronger and overall better prepared than we. I saw it. No one canceled skating, I repeat. You skate so that Davis/White cannot outskate you. But they outskated them, so it means they wanted it more, they worked for it more. Yes, Virtue and Moir are good, I like them... Mine — are good! But worse than Davis/White."

    IIRC is this the same guy that criticize D/W a year or two ago? I might be thinking about someone else.

    Anyways, everyone knows that Meryl and Charlie are the #1 team now (even though some are still in the denial stage). Nothing new, Zhulin.

  18. #198
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    wherever they cheer for Davis/White
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    Anyways, everyone knows that Meryl and Charlie are the #1 team now (even though some are still in the denial stage). Nothing new, Zhulin.

    Ha! They are, aren't they? I mean, for real. They've worked so damn hard for it, I'm so proud of them. Nothing makes me more happy (well, skating wise, at least ) than to see them entering the Olympic season undefeated, as reigning World champions.

    I feel pretty confident about them in Sochi. They've done everything they could and more, now they should just go with the flow, do their job and enjoy every second of this season - their season, I hope.

  19. #199
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chipocalypse, Chicago
    Posts
    614
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post

    Ha! They are, aren't they? I mean, for real. They've worked so damn hard for it, I'm so proud of them. Nothing makes me more happy (well, skating wise, at least ) than to see them entering the Olympic season undefeated, as reigning World champions.

    I feel pretty confident about them in Sochi. They've done everything they could and more, now they should just go with the flow, do their job and enjoy every second of this season - their season, I hope.
    Yes!

    I'll say this now, before the actual competitions start.

    Dear Meryl and Charlie fans, ubers and haters,
    If you go to an event where Meryl and Charlie are at PLEASE take lots of pictures (good ones!), take LOTS of video footage of them everywhere you see them. That includes: Practices, Warm-ups, Exhibition practices, Gala practices, everything! I'm sorry if I come off as greedy, but I for one, REALLY get a kick out of seeing Meryl and Charlie outside of actually performing. Especially at gala practices. It's fun seeing who they interact with and playing around.
    V/M fans, feel free to contribute.

    Thanks, Jiazumi
    P.S. (I'm going to copy-pasta this in Javi's thread and Dai's too, so don't report this as spam.)
    Last edited by Jiazumi; 09-06-2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: typo

  20. #200
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,775
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5115
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    Yes!

    I'll say this now, before the actual competitions start.

    Dear Meryl and Charlie fans, ubers and haters,
    If you go to an event where Meryl and Charlie are at PLEASE take lots of pictures (good ones!), take LOTS of video footage of them everywhere you see them. That includes: Practices, Warm-ups, Exhibition practices, Gala practices, everything! I'm sorry if I come off as greedy, but I for one, REALLY get a kick out of seeing Meryl and Charlie outside of actually performing. Especially at gala practices. It's fun seeing who they interact with and playing around.
    V/M fans, feel free to contribute.

    Thanks, Jiazumi
    P.S. (I'm going to copy-pasta this in Javi's thread and Dai's too, so don't report this as spam.)
    I'll do my best this season to get some practice non-performance footage Starting next week!!!!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •