Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

vCash
    Well if they had to change the upside down lift....what if they did something like where Meryl is in a spiral position while Charlie is squat position (like this) . Then she switches positions to the split rotational lift.

Just an idea that floated in my head. Called it the Butterfly lift. But I imagine it may have been done before.
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    I don't know know, that doesn't seem as difficult as the lift it be replacing.

vCash
    Unless Charlie wasn't holding on to Meryl while she was in the spiral position? She would have to balance herself in a spiral position during the straight line lift. Just ideas that float around in my head...I'm going to sketch it out later this weekend.

I love the lift as it is now and hope it doesn't change. That 3rd lift could use some rearranging (IMO)
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    though certain lifts I will admit I wouldn't be sad to see retire for five years or so.
    I am so sick of that catchfoot to the head rotational lift that so many teams do. It's probably a good point getter, but it's lost all impact for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    Unless Charlie wasn't holding on to Meryl while she was in the spiral position? She would have to balance herself in a spiral position during the straight line lift. Just ideas that float around in my head...I'm going to sketch it out later this weekend.

I love the lift as it is now and hope it doesn't change. That 3rd lift could use some rearranging (IMO)
    Based off The Windsor Star video, it looks like that lift is now part of the SD lift. So hopefully that means a new 3rd FD lift! I want something that makes audiences go crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    I am so sick of that catchfoot to the head rotational lift that so many teams do. It's probably a good point getter, but it's lost all impact for me.

Based off The Windsor Star video, it looks like that lift is now part of the SD lift. So hopefully that means a new 3rd FD lift! I want something that makes audiences go crazy.
    I had to hunt down the video because the only one I saw was the beginning part of the SD. I never saw this one, I don't think

vCash

I commented about it on a video and a fan bit my head off...then V/M changed it for the SD. Yeah, guess I was right .

It felt very place holder to me, so I'm excited to see something brilliant! I don't care if I have to wait to till the GPF to see it (<---lie), I just want something as amazing as the program deserves to knock the socks off the audience.

vCash
    I thought they were just randomly practicing their FD lift during an SD practice

vCash
    D/W had their teleconference a few minutes ago from USFS's tweets. Hopefully, icenetwork will upload it soon. I can't seem to find anything on icenetwork anymore. I wish their new site was more organized.

ETA: from GS forum post, they are not adding any new lifts...just polishing the existing ones.
    Last edited by mollymgr; 10-10-2013 at 10:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    D/W had their teleconference a few minutes ago from USFS's tweets. Hopefully, icenetwork will upload it soon. I can't seem to find anything on icenetwork anymore. I wish their new site was more organized.

ETA: from GS forum post, they are not adding any new lifts...just polishing the existing ones.
    NOOOOOO .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    NOOOOOO .
    I'm curious now! Perhaps because they'll be more polished, we might like it more?

That said, I read the technical panel for the Olympic individual events will not have members from countries who placed Top 5 at 2013 Worlds. There will not be anyone from USA, Canada, Russia, or Italy.

To me, this is a good thing.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I liked all the lifts they showed in SLC and think they just needed more training time and polish. And if there's one thing we know about M&C, they will work their butts off to perfect every single detail of every element throughout the season!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    I'm curious now! Perhaps because they'll be more polished, we might like it more?

That said, I read the technical panel for the Olympic individual events will not have members from countries who placed Top 5 at 2013 Worlds. There will not be anyone from USA, Canada, Russia, or Italy.

This news makes me cautiously optimistic.

vCash

So it seems P/B are the only medal contenders who might have one. Wonder if they are glad they finished outside of top 5 now

As for the lifts, the only one I didn't like was the SD one. The last FD one has a very pretty second position for Meryl. The only thing that bugs me about it is that the first phase is a re-do from Phantom.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Thank you. I was waiting for a Russian to throw in a couple of words to the discussion.

To me as a European it sometimes seems the Americans are trying so hard to fix everything in the world or make everything look terrible so that they can go save it and make it work the way they think is best for it. But it doesn't work like that. Different countries have different religious, cultural and societal backgrounds, different history and different mentality of people. The Russians themselves are the ones who need to find solution to the situation and frankly, they are the only ones who are truly entitled to comment on it, because they are the ones who live with it every day.
    It's very hypocritical to me that The Mob is not demanding that every Olympic hopeful have a placating answer for every other perceived human rights issue in every country in every Olympics. It's like there is a gatekeeper of political correctness and you must pay the toll (extortion) before being left alone.

vCash
    Well, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a French tech judge and Dostatni who represents Poland, I think.
    In which case, I have significant worries, because it's 2 out of 3 of the same lineup as at Worlds 2012.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I think it was more the judges than the tech panel who mucked things up at 2012 Worlds.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    ITA. In addition, I for one don't like the way the IN site is now sticking speed skating down our throats. Sorry to all those who follow speed skating religiously. I am a figure skating fan, and I go to IN to read about figure skating, not speed skating. Perhaps IN (and ISU) are attempting to make speed skating fans out of fs fans? I watch short track and speed skating sometimes at Olympic events, but not throughout every year. I couldn't care less.

Sorry for the OT in this thread btw. Go Meryl and Charlie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Well, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a French tech judge and Dostatni who represents Poland, I think.
    In which case, I have significant worries, because it's 2 out of 3 of the same lineup as at Worlds 2012.
    Noooooooooooo!
    Oh well, can't really worry about things that are unpredictable. Add skating order etc. to the mix and you have a whole laundry list to worry about.

ETA: D/W said they are excited about the team event. I'm curious if they'll skate both the SD and FD for the team event.
    Last edited by mollymgr; 10-11-2013 at 10:19 PM.

vCash
    Exactly. It's best not to worry about the panel or skating order before the legit info. is released. What's the point in worry about the judges/tech panel now?? D/W haven't even won the GPF yet (joke)

IIRC, wasn't there a judge on the panel at the last worlds that made everyone nervous? Not to mention, M/C were skating before V/M in the SD, and everyone thought it was the end of the world... until they topped them. lol

So yeah calm your tits people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ITA. In addition, I for one don't like the way the IN site is now sticking speed skating down our throats. Sorry to all those who follow speed skating religiously. I am a figure skating fan, and I go to IN to read about figure skating, not speed skating. Perhaps IN (and ISU) are attempting to make speed skating fans out of fs fans? I watch short track and speed skating sometimes at Olympic events, but not throughout every year. I couldn't care less.

Sorry for the OT in this thread btw. Go Meryl and Charlie!
    The least they could do is add a search field to make it easier to navigate through all the clutter.

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast