Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

vCash
    Did Davis/White skate their 2013-2014 programs at Champs' Camp? If so, what music are they using?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mattiecat13 View Post
    Did Davis/White skate their 2013-2014 programs at Champs' Camp? If so, what music are they using?
    Yes. They haven't announced their program music yet.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

If only we knew
    I'm getting impatient now.We'll know in a couple of weeks

vCash
    So no one was there when they skated the programs? Or did the observers take a vow of silence?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    So no one was there when they skated the programs? Or did the observers take a vow of silence?
    Champs Camp is closed to only USFSA officials. No media allowed.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Thank you for the information, TanithandBenFan. I guess I'll have to be more patient.

vCash
    So why have D/W not announced what there music is going to be this season? This is getting to be a bit tedious with them not saying what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Champs Camp: Gracie Gold with her coaches&choreographers: Scott Brown, Oleg Epstein, Marina Zoueva, Alex Ouriashev http://twitpic.com/d9m5cp
    Wow, does USFS pay for every coach, choreographer, etc. a skater works with to fly to Champs Camp?

vCash
    Mirai Nagasu tweeted this group photo late last night: "Home after a successful #champscamp. Thank you @USFigureSkating for the best one yet." http://instagram.com/p/dd8cBRi5Tj/
    The 9 skaters pictured are: Caroline Z, Mirai, Adam, Max, Christina, Agnes, Maia, Ross and Ricky (still drinking his breakfast liquids?).

ETA that I've posted an article with updates on Gold, Gao and Czisny in the U.S. Ladies news thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3980902
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-27-2013 at 03:23 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    Wow, does USFS pay for every coach, choreographer, etc. a skater works with to fly to Champs Camp?
    Yes, they cover the transportation costs and house everyone at the OTC. Many of the skaters/their families then have to pick up the tab from some of their coaches, as some coaches charge per diems/ for lessons missed while attending such an event. #nothinginlifeisfree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Champs Camp is closed to only USFSA officials. No media allowed.
    Do attendees sign "non-disclosure" agreements about what happens there, also?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Do attendees sign "non-disclosure" agreements about what happens there, also?
    Not sure. You'd have to ask an attendee.

vCash
    But would it be violating a non-disclosure agreement to disclose whether there was a non-disclosure agreement?

vCash
    The first part of the latest "Inside Edge" blog is about Champs Camp: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/...mp-was-a-blast

Photos shared by the auction winner who attended Champs Camp: http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2013/...mp-experience/

vCash
    Wonder what the winning bid for the auction was. Before the bidding ended, I had checked and the top bid was still considerably below the actual "book value" of the benefits (i.e., rack rate for hotel, air fare, etc) so the folks who won it, potentially got a decent deal. Of course, I presume a lot of services were attained through donations (corporate sponsors) and/or at significantly discounted rates, so perhaps it still did "make money"

I expect the "winner" was required to sign some sort of non-disclosure agreement as well. I could just imagine it being some fan with an iPhone linked to their twitter account going a bit nuts and blowing the whole "this is a closed event' set up/purpose of the event.

vCash
    I have to admit I dislike "experiences" being auctioned. Because then it becomes all about how much money you have, not how much you love skating or anything like that.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    Wonder what the winning bid for the auction was. Before the bidding ended, I had checked and the top bid was still considerably below the actual "book value" of the benefits (i.e., rack rate for hotel, air fare, etc) so the folks who won it, potentially got a decent deal. Of course, I presume a lot of services were attained through donations (corporate sponsors) and/or at significantly discounted rates, so perhaps it still did "make money"

I expect the "winner" was required to sign some sort of non-disclosure agreement as well. I could just imagine it being some fan with an iPhone linked to their twitter account going a bit nuts and blowing the whole "this is a closed event' set up/purpose of the event.
    The bid had reached almost $6000 right before the close date, so it was pretty high!

vCash
    Max Aaron, Charlie White, and Alex S. star in this new Champs Camp vlog (a ShibSibs production): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9qODx1Kxk

vCash
    Poor Max!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345