Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    BTW: Have we heard anything about Martiusheva's chin after that horrible fall? Any nasty consequences or is she alright?
    She seems alright, busy posting pictures of her trip to Disneyland on instagram

vCash
    Are V/T really going to Euros? I m sceptical, any european teams /skaters that will participate in team event will have a 15-16 days from Euros to Olympic team event short competition.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    Oh thank you for this I saw him live in Vancouver. I was in the front row - almost all his jump landings were wonky, his spins were slow, his hip thrusting cringe-worthy, and his hand-licking frankly insulting. It deeply infuriates me that he got the marks he got at that event. By all accounts he was not much better at Volvo - and he still gets gifted. I'm offended by the way he is marked.
    Nowadays everybody is offended by Chan's marks, Yuna's, Mao's, Carolina's etc. Are we a board of offended fans? Should we sue ISU?

Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    You're right, they didn't but they should have.
    The man is SHITE.......
    Furthermore, he makes me puke a little bit in my mouth when he stops to do the pelvis thrusting bit that he's done since the fcking 90's. When I'm not puking I'm offended by the flailing that makes me think he's a)insulting people with disabilities and b) sticking two fingers up to skaters who actually have choreography. Finally, he's shite because people actually respond to him, like him, love him even. They swoon when he thrusts, they give him 9's for TR and Ch and then I'm left feeling like a) a moron b) loathing the sport and my fellow man :grrr:
    This is a very original comment about Plushenko's skating, LOL!

vCash
    The comment on how Plushenko’s shite because people actually respond to him, like him, love him is ........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theshrew View Post
    The comment on how Plushenko’s shite because people actually respond to him, like him, love him is ........
    yes. http://twitter.com/anais167/status/4...630464/photo/1
    http://vk.com/album7654896_182071255
    http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/poln40/album/155429/?&p=2
    http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/poln40/album/155429/?&p=4

An Italian fan, who travelled to Riga
    http://evgeniplushenkoitalia.blogspo...ce-contro.html
    scroll down for the english version.. very nice and affectionate words on that shite man.
    Last edited by lala; 11-12-2013 at 09:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    Oh thank you for this I saw him live in Vancouver. I was in the front row - almost all his jump landings were wonky, his spins were slow, his hip thrusting cringe-worthy, and his hand-licking frankly insulting. It deeply infuriates me that he got the marks he got at that event. By all accounts he was not much better at Volvo - and he still gets gifted. I'm offended by the way he is marked.
    Well I saw him in Sheffield 2012, and he was nothing like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    I saw him in Sheffield too, and trust me, he was plenty like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    Old song says "he who seeks will always find". If one wants to see bad things in a skater, so he'll see, and if one wants to see good things, he'll see them either. One and the same spin or jump can be described as wonderful and ugly by different people.
    When you come to watch Plushenko or any of the top skaters, you already have certain image of him in your mind, created by media, other people opinions on boards, etc. If you're all ready to see shite, most likely that's right what you'll see.
    Whatever some media say, Evgeni is just a skater. I see he ain't no blushing flower, but hardly such a monster.

vCash
    Precisely. The car goes where the eyes go. Those that think he's the most evil thing to ever happen to figure skating will always say he skated badly. Those who enjoy him will always say he skated well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    If you was there, you remember the crowd's reaction, there was a big standing ovation. I remember the Eurosport guys euphoric words. They said, he is better than ever, his presence, his energy is fantastic, he owning the arena, his SS is very good and so on.....And I heard the BBC commentator, I think he was Robin Cousins ('m not sure, but I think)he also praised him. The whole European media celebrated him, and S. Bianconi, S. Kerr, Morosov, Tarasova, Orser.... praised him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBJtNXvyWbg Universal Sport version. The ES version is prohibited

What you are doing here it appears to me fright! A lot of people get scared, OMG! He will do it again!
    Last edited by lala; 11-13-2013 at 05:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Yes, it says they'll skip Russian nationals but compete in the Euros
    V/T could skip Euros to give S/S a chance for a farewell gold medal .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    V/T could skip Euros to give S/S a chance for a farewell gold medal .
    If S/S wants farewell gold medal, they will have to earn it. I know that some posters have been criticizing V/T's marks at their GP events, suggesting they are overmarked, but V/T skated 2 clean programs at each events. S/S skated programs with mistakes. I would understand that S/S make a mistake on their 3A, but there is no reason why the rest of the elements are not clean. I believe that if S/S skated clean, they do have a good chance to get gold, but they haven't been clean for a while. While not clean S/S may be still better than the rest of the field, it is not better than clean V/T.

vCash
    Menshov replaces plushenko so it fulfills the mandate to have a 30+ skater. Lol

vCash
    Anna Shershak skates again, her SP (47.10; 3rd place) from today's Russian Cup.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I'm one who can appreciate Plushenko without worshipping him. However, I do know 2 things:

-People will jump to their feet for a mediocre performance by someone they were told is great....they don't want to look stupid when actually they don't know shite.

-I truly believe a lot of people so badly want Plushenko to fulfill a storyline of survival, preserverence and triumph that they are blind to whether he deserves the marks he gets. They're just in love with the potential great story. The truth isn't as important as the myth.

I admire his determination tremendously. It's his skating that I just don't seem to be wild about most of the time.

vCash
    Is it correct that Korobeynikova didn't manage to qualify for Russians nationals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Is it correct that Korobeynikova didn't manage to qualify for Russians nationals?
    i think this depends whether her 'bye' given to her due planned grand prix starts is still alive. if not, i fear she is out.

vCash
    But Shershak could be in if she skates well at her second event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    i think this depends whether her 'bye' given to her due planned grand prix starts is still alive. if not, i fear she is out.
    I think she's still in actually. I have to do my calculations and I will post the results in the K&C but I think she's tied Agafonova 18 pts (Agafonova wins the tiebreak though).

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast