Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    vCash
    OMG, Plushy is going to release his greatest hits this week!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    Biryukova is the most likely candidate for Universiade.
    Why? What decides who they are going to send? I didn't get the impression that Byriukova has done somehow extremely well so far this season, although she is doing better than last year.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Adelina and Elena http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1LqZ...ature=youtu.be Trans World Sport video
    That was lovely.

My fave part, though, is where Tarasova slaps Kovtun's arm.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

YEAH!
    vCash
    I saw some posts in other threads that Russian nationals would no longer allow girls under 14 to skate in seniors. What was the rationale for this? I mean, I guess it's because the event is so full and I know there's overlap with juniors, but it seems sort of counterintuitive to me. I think a lot of the reason the girls are so good is because they got senior experience from such a young age. It forced the young jumpers to work on presentation and pushed the older ladies to keep up technically, IMO. If the young ones are qualifying over the older ones, why not? Is it just for the Olympic season or will it be the new normal?

vCash
    My guess would be that they don't want to have senior nationals full of girls who are not eligible and then not have anyone to send out to Europeans/Olympics/Worlds. There have been a year in the past when they had to send to Europeans the skaters who placed 4th and 6th at their nationals because the ones who placed higher were not eligible. You don't really want to be sending to Olympics someone who placed sixth in their nationals. It sounds much better sending there Russian champion.

Last year Gosviani was only third substitute for nationals, so if three girls did not withdraw she would not even be allowed to compete because she wouldn't have qualified. Now seeing her results I would say that it would be a pity. So maybe there are some other talented skaters who couldn't get through (wouldn't qualify) because they couldn't beat the youngsters. Maybe some other 'hidden talent' get their chance.

On the other hand, I do feel sorry for the youngsters. They are so talented.... It must be said for some girls that the were allowed to compete there last year, and suddenly this year they are too young.

vCash
    Cherub721 - The fact there are hardly any age-eligible skaters at Nationals means that there is no competition (because for the age-eligible skaters, there isn't anybody to compete with since 90% are too young).

Also, what Hanca said:

Having 6th placed skater go to Euros/Worlds/Olympics doesn't exactly look great.

And there might be decent 'older' Ladies who would never be discovered otherwise, like Gosviani.

I hope it stays this way. Senior Nationals are for Seniors. Younger skaters have Junior Nationals.

vCash
    Also, a skater under 14 can't go to a senior level international competition either the year of nationals or the year after, so it makes sense to me, in a way.

vCash
    In the past level of competition was so bad that it was required to have some of the junior ladies compete and improve overall technical content of the competion. Now, some of these babies from that era are senior eligible and the technical content and overall standard of competion is really high. Having 12 and 13 year olds would really take the opportunity out of some of the age-eligeble senior athletes. Saying that, i feel it is unfair to athlete like Serafima Sakhanovch who finished 4th last year at the nationals and is not age-eligeble this year (I would't have cared if it wasn't Serafima :slink away).

Dobrinfan has posted Plushy's SP in the Volvo cup thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Plushenko's SP (fan video)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Why? What decides who they are going to send? I didn't get the impression that Byriukova has done somehow extremely well so far this season, although she is doing better than last year.
    Because there aren't many skaters who are students (who aren't also candidates for the Olympic team). Basically, it's just Biryukova and Artemyeva (and there is one more spot left).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Well, maybe if it's a successful program, other skaters will use the "Best of Plushenko" next year... you know how lazy some are about finding new music.
    Cherub721 Don´t put any ideas to the skater´s minds.
    But if Tatjana Flade says it is nice, it can not be totally bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Dobrinfan has posted Plushy's SP in the Volvo cup thread.
    You know what? I don't care about the score, I don't care about the levels or the PCS or anything like that.

To watch him land that triple Axel, KNOWING what he has been through, knowing that his back is held together with screws and artificial disc...he is the champion, the undisputed King. No-one else shall beat him in that regard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    You know what? I don't care about the score, I don't care about the levels or the PCS or anything like that.

To watch him land that triple Axel, KNOWING what he has been through, knowing that his back is held together with screws and artificial disc...he is the champion, the undisputed King. No-one else shall beat him in that regard.
    yes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GD9k5fzJ8Y he landed not one 4T and 3A today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsc_x3gFiUw

vCash
    The best of Plushenko is the best!
    Evgeny PLYUSCHENKO
    RUS 180.91 88.71 92.20 9.25 8.60 9.60 9.30 9.3

vCash
    Biryukova is the most likely candidate for Universiade.
    Because there aren't many skaters who are students (who aren't also candidates for the Olympic team). Basically, it's just Biryukova and Artemyeva (and there is one more spot left).
    quiqie, do they have to study at the university, or any secondary school/high school/college would count? For example, what's wrong with Radionova? Surely she attends some school? (or is she home schooled?) I thought that Russians have quite a few possible candidates who are better than Byriukova. I would understand that Artemyeva would get it because she has been skating pretty well this season, but as Russians can send only two girls to the Olympics, there will be plenty of spare ones to attend Universiade. Whoever doesn't get the spot at Olympics out of Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Lipnitskaya, Gosviani, Pogorilaya could be send to Universiade, couldn't they?

vCash
    quiqie, do they have to study at the university, or any secondary school/high school/college would count? ?
    Here are the requirements. Yes, it has to be a university and there are age limits as well. http://www.wugusa.com/world-championships/fisu/
    Eligibility

The Universiades and Championships are open to all student athletes that have not been out of university or its equivalent for more than a year and that are between 17 and 28 years old. Any association which belongs to FISU may enter a team or an individual competitor. Entries are accepted from any country which is eligible for the Olympic Games and from any national federation which is affiliated to an appropriate International Federation.

vCash
    Thank you, ioana.

vCash
    Thank you, ioana.
    Sure thing! I remember we went through them when the Brazilian skater who was a grad student somewhere in Italy went to the Winter games a few years ago .

vCash
    Still, it is amazing. So many good skaters and they have nearly no one to send!

vCash
    Still, it is amazing. So many good skaters and they have nearly no one to send!
    Makarova's hip will magically get better ? I agree, they don't have too many skaters who are eligible based on the current rules. Hopefully, some of the current juniors stay in for a few good years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Makarova's hip will magically get better ? I agree, they don't have too many skaters who are eligible based on the current rules. Hopefully, some of the current juniors stay in for a few good years.
    Makarova had two very bad seasons. She wasn't landing her jumps (a bit like Leonova now), so even if her injury got better, not sure if that would bring her jumps back. Especially if she is not training any more.

Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast