Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr-r8jSZJsY

B/S's free skate. I preferred the previous music choice, and they looked quite slow in places.
    Everything about that was just so half-assed and unoriginal. That was just such a disappointment. I agree with those who said the costumes look dated. The problem is, the skating doesn't come close to the programs that it is trying to emulate.

vCash
    I hate Kostomarov. I can't stand Domnina.
    But that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2qT2AjgqYE is ... beyond words. WHYYYYYYYYY ?!
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    I hate Kostomarov. I can't stand Domnina.
    But that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2qT2AjgqYE is ... beyond words. WHYYYYYYYYY ?!
    Do you hate Kostomarov???? and why? did he hurt you or something? I never understand the hating..

vCash
    I just can't stand the fact he's olympic champion with the way he skates. Never was on par with Tatiana
    I am stopping watching that show. IT's so depressing to see what ice dance should be like and isn't anymore
    And when I see all the programs done in that program, I can get WHY Zhulin sticks with it. It works. IT's ... what ice dance should be more like and hasn't been in a long time

vCash
    I can't stand Domnina.

what is there not to like... she is so talented?

vCash
    Thanks for the links, everyone. I feel awful for B&S. Having to re-do both programs in an Olympic year no less. I too prefer the original FD. The new one is too frantic with the limbs looking uncontrolled and the beauty of her positions is lost. It is sad to see a team of such considerable talent get stuck with these programs. I hope they go back to their original version and just tweak it. And please, please show off her gorgeous flexibility.

vCash
    OMG that program from Domnina / Tikhonov is just brilliant. But I see why it didn't work in Zhulin's mind for Bobrova / Soloviev. They just lack the emotional depth to skate that kind of program. So putting a more familiar music might help mask that. But it doesn't

And looking at that one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdBh9RP6mnQ ... i am so mad at what ice dance is showing us when I see something like that !!!!
    I understand you. But talking about ideas from the show that both Zhulin and Averbukh have reused for competitive teams - maybe reusing is the problem. Second versions of great programs rarely seem to come out just as great. Also, what you said - reusing programs that older and/or more experienced skaters and their "star" partners (in other 'Ice Age' shows) have skated for younger skaters with different personalities, often with less depth (sometimes really just due to their young age) who also generally have less experience in performing such programs where acting skills are needed as well. Plus trying to bring the same idea from a format where skaters, coaches and choreographers have almost complete freedom (well, of course they are restricted by the limitations of the non skating "stars") to competitive programs with all their required elements and restrictions. No wonder that musics/ideas that have worked for skaters in the show don't really work for competitive skaters.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 10-21-2013 at 11:02 PM.

vCash
    Gosviani won Golden Bear competition in Zagreb with the score 175.84 points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Gosviani won Golden Bear competition in Zagreb with the score 175.84 points.
    She did well there: 3flip/3toe< (fall) in the SP but a clean 3f/3t in the FS and all triples landed, just one doubled. Hopefully she can do similarly well at Cup of China.

vCash
    Can Gosviani challenge Julia, Adelina, Liza for an Olympic spot?

vCash
    Liza very likely, if Liza is going to skate as bad as she skated at this GP event. But Adelina and Julia - unlikely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Can Gosviani challenge Julia, Adelina, Liza for an Olympic spot?
    Tuk and Sot are very hit and miss. If they bomb, more consistent skaters like Lipnitskaia and Pogorilaya might take advantage. I don't think Gosviani is consistent enough to be a real threat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliona22 View Post

what is there not to like... she is so talented?
    Wasted talent and unfullfilled potential. I am still very very mad at her and Shabalin and their team who created their situation.

vCash
    Wasted talent and unfullfilled potential. I am still very very mad at her and Shabalin and their team who created their situation.
    Aboriginal SD = best program ever.

WE WON'T FORGET.

vCash
    The knee injury of Shabalin was the reason why they chose to create a dance from scratch because the od demanded Country folk but any recognizable thing probably would've been horrible because of his knee injury! So they decided to make something up and have that be considered horrible because anything else was just impossible! People were actually saying they should go back to their Russian folk dance which really was an absurd and ridiculous suggestion as it was impossible and they would probably not have cracked the top 10 in the Olympics if they did a new od and something recognizable and that they did before when his knee was better. Then in the fd they came up with the rope assisted lifts. Maybe Shabalin should've retired rather than compete and really embarrass himself and Domnina at the 2010 Olympics with that od and the ropes but the od was not formally objected to and the ropes were declared legal and they squeaked out a bronze even though they were condemned as losers in Russia because bronze is losing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Liza very likely, if Liza is going to skate as bad as she skated at this GP event. But Adelina and Julia - unlikely.
    Liza only skated badly in the short, though. Her free skate was very good. If she can fix the SP issue, then she'll be fine.

vCash
    I just can't stand the fact he's olympic champion with the way he skates. Never was on par with Tatiana
    (
    Ridiculous. He is a very good dancer ,but of course, Navka was one of the best dancer, and a real diva on ice. For example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62SCK8Xh0UM I would like to see such perforances today.
    ---------

About D/S. They have a bad program, but they have a great dance, too. One of the best tangos ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6uDrkm-D1g

I don't like when the Russian skaters are undervalued in this forum.
    ----------

For me the Shib/ Shib's MJ program is ridiculous. That isn't dance, especially to MJ's music! When they should dance they are doing edge works and turns. Stupid system.

I know this is an Ex program, but dance to MJ's music!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u34hRrs28Ik

And we are crying, because the figure skating isn't popular today....

vCash
    ^I loved D/S compulsories. I always forget how statuesque they were. It was showcased superbly there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Ridiculous. He is a very good dancer
    Kostomarov was one of the weakest ice dancers I can remember who won world and olympic titles.

Not as bad as Margaglio but still.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 10-22-2013 at 08:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Kostomarov was one of the weakest ice dancers I can remember who won world and olympic titles.

Not as bad as Margaglio but still.
    He's still better than some of the young one that are inflicted on us lately.
    I shouldn't have watched videos from that show ! I shouldn't have. It made me sad about what ice dance has become
    I want ice dance back

Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast