Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Oh come on, with this program at least Nowak/Kolasinski tried to do something different, fun and the choreography was quite busy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    I am surprised you never read it! I saw it everywhere from twitter and Facebook and other forums and here too!!
    Ah, I don't do the Facebook, and I don't follow any skating related twitter accounts. Still, hyperbole much? I can think of 3 FDs from Grushina and Goncharov alone that should slot ahead of "Ghost." on the worst ever list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Shpilband for coaching, Kenji Miyamoto and Julie Marcotte for choreography (it would obviously never happen but well that's my fantasy team for them ).
    What's Blanc and Bouquet's old choreographer up to?

Isn't Shanti Rushpual due for her once per decade FD too?
    Last edited by casken; 10-15-2013 at 05:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    What's Blanc and Bouquet's old choreographer up to?
    Karine Arribert. Works with kids, I guess. But yes, we totally need more of her in ID.

vCash
    Oh come on, with this program at least Nowak/Kolasinski tried to do something different, fun and the choreography was quite busy.
    Actually, I admit I enjoy this FD for the cheese factor. Kolasinksi shimmying at the end to the vocals makes me every time.

vCash
    What is Jana Kokhlova up to these days? Is she coaching and working with any teams?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    What is Jana Kokhlova up to these days? Is she coaching and working with any teams?
    She's taking part in "Ice Age", a kind of "Skating with the Stars" show in Russia with lots of previous champions.

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Who are you to determine who depression is "suitable" for? If Artur was depressed, he was depressed; the fact that he is an elite athlete and not a rock musician or poet is completely irrelevant. He is a human being and still susceptible to all the different things any other human being is.

So just because he is a sportsman, does that mean that he doesn't have to deal with all the normal things of growing up? Artur is in a situation unique to elite sportsmen of this type. He did not have a normal childhood, and his teenage years were far from normal. Is it really such a surprise that he is maturing a little later in that sense?

He got absolutely lambasted in Russia for one competition's result, by both federation and press, he was having problems in his personal life, and then to compound it all he was injured and he grew again. A recipe for trouble. That he was still able to pull out some reasonable results last season speaks volumes of his strength. I actually applaud Mishin for his handling of both Artur and Liza last season. It was a very difficult one for both of them.

Artur is an Olympic-calibre skater. You are forgetting that this is a skater who won bronze at the World Championships when he was only 17; a skater who took silver at Europeans the following season behind one of the greatest skaters the world has ever known (and there are still some who think that he should have won). If he can do all of those things, then why on earth could he not be Olympic calibre?
    THIS DEFINITELY

MUCH respect to misskarne..somehow, I always knew she was in our corner!

vCash
    Via Twitter: https://twitter.com/alenaleonovaru/s...12627034804224
    Can someone please translate/summarize why Alena Leonova is out of Skate Canada (a leg injury?): http://alena-leonova.ru/news-15-10-13/

ETA from the Grand Prix Assignments thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    http://alena-leonova.ru/news-15-10-13/ Leonova is out of Skate Canada with a leg injury, but she is hoping to be OK for NHK.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Axel View Post
    THIS DEFINITELY

MUCH respect to misskarne..somehow, I always knew she was in our corner!
    Are you by any chance a 14-year old One Direction fan?

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    Are you by any chance a 14-year old One Direction fan?
    No....but SO WHAT if I was a 14 year old One Direction fan?? Would I not still be entitiled to my opinion??? Just saying..
    Last edited by Triple Axel; 10-16-2013 at 07:31 AM. Reason: content

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Other dance teams -B/S,V/M- looking like they are skating same program with different music. Of course steps, spin and twizzles not going to change every year. But this year somehow everybody doing same lift positions from their previous dances. I&K only one with new lifts. Not only those lifts new, they are really highlighting music. First lift easily going to get +3 GOE, at least from me. After the last year's disaster fd, this is a great improvement. I don't like morozov too but this season he did his job.
    again i ask which lifts are new????
    maybe new for them but in general copies of lifts done not to long ago ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winterchik View Post
    again i ask which lifts are new????
    maybe new for them but in general copies of lifts done not to long ago ...
    And who did a brand new lift in this season? Copies or no copies they are bothered to learning new lifts, which is a weakness of them. Look at Virtue/Moir. They are doing same shoulder balanced rotational lift at every program 2011 to 2014. This year they are doing same lift twice at their FD too. Bobrova/Soloviev and Weaver/Poje didn't even tried for new lifts. We will see what Cappellini/Lanotte and Pechalat/Bourzat going to do. I hoping its not only I/K.

vCash
    And who did a brand new lift in this season? Copies or no copies they are bothered to learning new lifts, which is a weakness of them. Look at Virtue/Moir. They are doing same shoulder balanced rotational lift at every program 2011 to 2014. This year they are doing same lift twice at their FD too. Bobrova/Soloviev and Weaver/Poje didn't even tried for new lifts. We will see what Cappellini/Lanotte and Pechalat/Bourzat going to do. I hoping its not only I/K.
    Someone who saw Pechalat/Bourzat at French Masters said that they are using their most famous lift (the upside down one). So at least one of the lifts is not new, and other lifts may not be new either. As for Bobrova/Soloviev and Weaver/Poje, you are exaggerating a bit. Both of those teams have at least one new lift in their FDs, although the old ones stand out more. Two of the lifts Virtue/Moir are using in their FD are new for them, although not new as such, one of the rotational lifts they are using for the second time, and it looks slightly different than the previous time (which was in season 2007/2008), and the one that is a variation of their most often used "shoulder" lift is only a place holder that they will surely be replacing as they got level 1 for it. Also, they had three new lifts (not counting the choreographic lifts that were new as well) in their last season FD. Plus, they are not using exactly the same shoulder balanced lift in all their programs - there are at least three if not more variations of "shoulder balanced" that they have been using, and the two "shoulder" lifts that they used at Finlandia are not the same lift either. So, overall I do agree with you that ice dancers repeat their elements too much as originality and new elements are not encouraged by the current system, but I don't like your exaggerations, and I think that you should check the facts first before speaking/writing.

vCash
    Well, D&W's shoulder stand combo lift in the FD is new to them. They haven't had a combo lift since the 4 short lift option was allowed. They've never had a lift with Meryl's with her feet straight up in the air before (P&B and V&M have, but it's new to them) And the first FD lift with Meryl flipping over Charlie's back is new. The 3rd lift is similar to others they've done, as is the one in the SD.

So 50% new lifts for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Someone who saw Pechalat/Bourzat at French Masters said that they are using their most famous lift (the upside down one). So at least one of the lifts is not new, and other lifts may not be new either. As for Bobrova/Soloviev and Weaver/Poje, you are exaggerating a bit. Both of those teams have at least one new lift in their FDs, although the old ones stand out more. Two of the lifts Virtue/Moir are using in their FD are new for them, although not new as such, one of the rotational lifts they are using for the second time, and it looks slightly different than the previous time (which was in season 2007/2008), and the one that is a variation of their most often used "shoulder" lift is only a place holder that they will surely be replacing as they got level 1 for it. Also, they had three new lifts (not counting the choreographic lifts that were new as well) in their last season FD. Plus, they are not using exactly the same shoulder balanced lift in all their programs - there are at least three if not more variations of "shoulder balanced" that they have been using, and the two "shoulder" lifts that they used at Finlandia are not the same lift either. So, overall I do agree with you that ice dancers repeat their elements too much as originality and new elements are not encouraged by the current system, but I don't like your exaggerations, and I think that you should check the facts first before speaking/writing.
    I will watch again B/S and W/P. Maybe I thought they did before but ıt could be different team. One lift maybe. I mean after 2012 season those teams changed their lifts for 2013. But when we are in the olympic year they are using old lifts. 3 top teams we are talking about
    With Virtue/Moir its a different story. They always came up with some new moves. New for everyone. This season's new idea is the curve lift which even I seen Savchenko/Szolkowy doing at a gala.

I found.

http://youtu.be/l1Dju5A_H3g?t=6m9s

vCash
    For that matter, the junior team, Hawayek/Baker, goes a really top version of that type of same curved lift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyagS...etailpage#t=25

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    Considering that we've only seen it in a practice session & at a competition where they commented after that they felt they had a lot more to give, I wouldn't write it off just yet. I think it has a huge amount of potential, particularly if they get the speed that they were missing in the event in Sochi. There are more transitions than last year, a more interesting layout of elements and the whole things hangs together better.
    I also think it has potential. Lena's positions are and I think they really connect with this music. These two have the skills to be a truly great team and i am just waiting for everything to come together. I really want them to have a moment in front of their home crowd and I hope this FD will evolve into something that will allow that to happen. I agree with Macassar88, they deserve masterpieces.

vCash
    I will watch again B/S and W/P. Maybe I thought they did before but ıt could be different team. One lift maybe. I mean after 2012 season those teams changed their lifts for 2013. But when we are in the olympic year they are using old lifts. 3 top teams we are talking about
    With Virtue/Moir its a different story. They always came up with some new moves. New for everyone. This season's new idea is the curve lift which even I seen Savchenko/Szolkowy doing at a gala.

I found.

http://youtu.be/l1Dju5A_H3g?t=6m9s
    I said that those lifts are new for them, not that they are completely new. And - exactly - this is the Olympic year. No one really wants to take any risks. Almost everyone thinks that the way to achieve the best possible results is to use the style that judges associate them with + old, safe elements that have scored the highest for them in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    For that matter, the junior team, Hawayek/Baker, goes a really top version of that type of same curved lift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyagS...etailpage#t=25
    Probably I am wrong, but could it be that you really want to stress how the lift that Tessa and Scott is doing is not anything original, or anything that lower ranked teams can't do? If so, don't forget that Meryl and Charlie too are using both lifts that are similar to those they (and other ice dancers) have done before, and a lift which is similar to what other skaters used before (that is, Tessa and Scott and probably someone else in the past). Yes, their first FD lift is something new, or at least the entry into it.

vCash
    No, it's just that I really like H&B. The point I was making, if there was one, is that I&K weren't the only team that had some new lifts. As to D&W, I commented on them above and said they had about 50% new and 50% not new lifts this season.
    Last edited by DORISPULASKI; 10-17-2013 at 06:40 AM.

vCash
    Some people criticize I/K for doing not brand new lifts but similar to other teams did it past. So why not V/M, B/S and W/P?

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast