Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Don't forget that one red glove she wears; it looks lonely surrounded by a sea of black
    The costumes are ugly too.
    the tutu Elena wore at junior worlds was miles better than this
    what is so attractive with the color black ???

vCash
    Black is a very cool color!!! And it makes you look thinner!! But sometimes it can work against you (Ex: Tutktamysheva). And too much black can be boring/uninteresting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    That is not THE PREVIOUS SEASON to 'Cats' as you stated

The previous season? As in 2012-2011 when they skated to ‘All Alone’ and ‘Clair de Lune’?

The previous season? As in 2011-2010 when they skated to ‘Also sprach Zarathustra’ and ‘Clair de Lune’?

Or

(Like I said before) the Olympic season when they skated to: ‘Valse Sentimentale’/’The Blue Danube’ in the free skate and I don’t count the 2008-2009 exhibitions since they aren’t judged.

At any rate… I think a change is good for B&S otherwise they probably wouldn't be doing it.
    Well, if you read my post carefully, you may notice that I said that the previous season (now is 2013-2014, so the previous season is obviously 2012-2013) they were supposed to skate for their SP to Cats but changed it last minutes to third version of their waltz. Third version because they have already used one season the same music for exhibition and then another season for FS. Is there anything on this you disagree with? (I don't care whether you count or don't count exhibition, the bottom line is that they have used that music for two seasons already)

vCash
    Stepanova & Bukin
    I found their FD more interesting than the one of S&Z.
    Couldn't see the vídeo of Elena and Nikita. There is a message saying that the vídeo doesn't exist.

vCash

vCash
    I'm not sure you know what season you're in, that may be the problem.

This wiki page has a list of K/S music, that may help you.

You have to scroll down to find it. There's a lot of info on the page.

vCash
    OMG, I don't know what you two are arguing about but last year (2012/2013) K/S had a SP to 'Cats'. They skated it at one of the closed rentals and shortly afterwards changed it (disapproval from the feds?) to whatever it was they skated to (don't know, not a fan). It was talked about on the Russian forums last yr (saying it was a recycled program, etc).

vCash
    He uses several moves from Vronsky's part in Anna Karenina ballet. I saw it in Mariinsky theater and than he started performing I remembered it immediately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    I/K wearing all black for a black swan is
    That is not the "real" costume, Elena said it was left over from an exhibition they were going to skate over the summer, but never did in the end.

vCash
    Thank you for the link
    Their lifts are great, unusual ones, but aside them there's nothing special in this routine.
    Hope they'll change the costumes.

vCash
    Many thanks

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    While it not be great for or intended for that program, it's a beautiful dress. I wish the program didn't look so frenetic, though. It's not very musical, at least at this stage: they're skating through a lot of the music.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I don't think it is a dress. It is dancers wrap skirt. A lot of skating shops sell that. She used it with some body suit because this skirt you tie around you and it doesn't have knickers sewn in.

vCash
    It looks a lot like she is wearing this leotard: http://www.discountdance.com/dancewe...&SID=521907800 with a wrap skirt. (Maybe not that exact leotard, but close enough that if anyone wants to 'go' as her for Halloween you have a match.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by navire View Post
    Thank you for the link
    Their lifts are great, unusual ones, but aside them there's nothing special in this routine.
    Hope they'll change the costumes.
    which lifts are unusual ???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winterchik View Post
    which lifts are unusual ???
    Shall we begin a dispute on the definition of the usual lift, so we can thus qualify the unusual ones?
    OK, I'll put it the other way: I liked the lifts in their program. This is my personal opinion.
    Last edited by navire; 10-04-2013 at 09:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by navire View Post
    He uses several moves from Vronsky's part in Anna Karenina ballet. I saw it in Mariinsky theater and than he started performing I remembered it immediately.
    (Artur Gachinski) No wonder, as his choreographer Juri Smekalov danced the role of Vronski in the Anna Karenina ballet. So you probably saw Smekalov dancing?

More on Smekalov here on the Mariinski Theatre's website: http://www.mariinsky.ru/company/ball...yuri_smekalov/

I really liked Gachinski's program the first time I saw it during the training camp in Italy. I believe it has huge potential.

vCash
    Elena T.'s LP has loads of potential. Her body language is a big troubling in that run through, but she is ripping most of those jumps off like they are nothing. Can't wait for Finlandia!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Elena T.'s LP has loads of potential. Her body language is a big troubling in that run through, but she is ripping most of those jumps off like they are nothing. Can't wait for Finlandia!
    Elena T. who ?

vCash
    I still can't deal with the way that IK's FD music ends. It is completely artificial. It seems like it should build up but suddenly it ends instead of having the part where the black swan shows her true colors and the prince realizes what has happened.

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast