Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    double post
    Last edited by morqet; 08-18-2013 at 08:44 PM.

vCash
    double post
    Last edited by morqet; 08-18-2013 at 08:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Have I&K ever skated their full programs at the test skate? I know they didn't last year, and the year before they skated their FD to different music. I don't remember if they showed up when they were with Zhulin. IMO it's unacceptable for them not to be showing up ready by now considering they always struggle on the GP. They are just not the types to get a late start but then show up in shape at competitions. B&S are usually one of the first ice dancers to show their programs, even internationally.

Really curious to see Stepanova/Bukin now.
    Last year I/K and all of Morozov's skated did closed test skates for the Federation in August as they were due to be training in the US when the main test skates were scheduled. They also showed up when they worked with Zhulin - I remember TAT complaining that Zhulin hadn't bothered to come with them.

vCash
    Have I&K ever skated their full programs at the test skate? I know they didn't last year, and the year before they skated their FD to different music. I don't remember if they showed up when they were with Zhulin. IMO it's unacceptable for them not to be showing up ready by now considering they always struggle on the GP. They are just not the types to get a late start but then show up in shape at competitions. B&S are usually one of the first ice dancers to show their programs, even internationally.

Really curious to see Stepanova/Bukin now.
    Last year I/K and all of Morozov's skated did closed test skates for the Federation in August as they were due to be training in the US when the main test skates were scheduled. They also showed up when they worked with Zhulin - I remember TAT complaining that Zhulin hadn't bothered to come with them.

vCash
    Their results were good but their skating wasn't that great... they fell at Crystal skate and again at CoR... at NHK they struggled because she was sick (it was one of the better examples of them rallying) and went on to finish last at GPF. They were getting good marks but didn't capitalize on it til Euros, and then somehow lost all momentum at Worlds. They are completely unreliable.
    They are unreliable and should should have changed coaches after worlds 2013 but before that I guess I did not get your definition of "struggle" which meant to me like not medaling at a gp or not even making the gpf like previous seasons.

vCash
    Radionova's SP is very very good. And her body language is surprisingly similar to Carolina's. Big improvement during the summer!

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Their results were good but their skating wasn't that great...
    This. They were very overmarked last season, showed very little progression, and on top of it were saddled with one of the worst free dances in recent history. Just having the potential should not be earning them high PCS marks. They were so bad at Worlds they should have rightfully been behind Z/G & R/T.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Ah what a treat to see all these vids just before the season begins!

Really liked Sotnikova's SP. She's a wonderful performer, I love it. Overall there isn't really anything about her skating that I don't like. The final spin was sort of voidy.

As before, Radionova's presence endlessly impresses me. She can showcase so many different emotions in her skating, especially considering her age. She's not always smiling or always angsty or whatever. She actually listens to the music and is obviously trying to portray a story of some kind whenever she skates. I loved the SP, she has such gorgeous lines (with the exception of her shoulders at times... the only thing that bothers me a little bit) and she knows how to use them. The extension is amazing. Also really enjoyed the last minute of the FS when she was rockin' it. I love that she's a bit of a voidy arteeste type, obviously.

Lipnitskaia's SP is a clear improvement! It seems like she's actually listening to the music at least a bit every now and then... and the number of bendy movements has gone down to only a couple. She's nowhere near the natural performer that Radionova is though.

Ah, Bobrova/Soloviev's FD has such void potential! Birds? Can't wait to see the costumes! I think I could really really love this free. The SD was a bit of a bore though but it'll probably get better.

Fedorova has grown so much! Their height difference is looking normal for a pair now. Jumps were nowhere to be seen, unfortunately. Hopefully she can overcome that! The entry into the throw looked all kinds of wrong.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    They showed enormous progression until worlds! They were not flawless all the time and did have one of the worst free dances of all time if not the worst but did make enormous strides and progression and almost winning Euros! They almost won Euros over B/S even with what was considered by many the worst free dance of all time. They had a major collapse at worlds and failed there but no where else. Now they should have changed coaches but didn't.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    They showed enormous progression until worlds!
    Look at their base technical scores. It was highest at their first two GP events; every event after Rostelecom Cup and NHK their base TES scores were at least 2 pts less. That's not really progression when you are losing points on things like footwork sequences throughout the season.

I am sorry, but I find that frustrating when it is clear how talented and amazing they could be. Watching them in practice at Worlds it was clear how easily they seemed to lose focus and concentration.

Their almost winning Euros (with their overscored PCS) was more politics than prowess with P/B out with injury. Perhaps they felt too confident coming into Worlds that they would place higher and that ended up working against them and they weren't prepared as they should have been? They skated well at Euros, but not vastly superior to any of the other finishers in the top four. And, yes, they won the free dance, but with easier content than they started the season with. (Like winning the Olympics without a quad! )

As for a coaching change, well... all I can say is that I'm sure we all hope Elena comes to her senses.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I think what happened at worlds had to include their confidence not being too great because of almost winning euros but shot after hearing so much that they had the worst program ever done! That maybe that played into their euros loss and they lost all confidence and wanted the season to be over! What team since cop has almost won a major event like euros and then comes in 16th place in TES Out of 20 in the worlds? Their levels were remarkably consistent with none of the frequent level ones that would appear all the time in their free dances in 2010 and 2011. I think it may have been 2011 NHK they won the SD and then barely medaled after the free dance? So that is what I meant - that's way bigger than going down two points in base value!! They kept the quads in 2012! Their total collapse at worlds with a program considered the worst of all time and that they skipped the Wtt rather than do again showed how the confidence was shattered! So that's why I am surprised they didn't change coaches or even if that's not possible because of nikolai and Elena being involved then just Nikita giving up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    This. They were very overmarked last season, showed very little progression, and on top of it were saddled with one of the worst free dances in recent history. Just having the potential should not be earning them high PCS marks. They were so bad at Worlds they should have rightfully been behind Z/G & R/T.
    I disagree. They were doing very well until the worlds.

vCash
    I guess the trend now is to only trash I/K and spread rumours about them,plus speculate about how they must be feeling about things. It's viral actually.But they should have expected it when they left Zhulin.See,B/S were trashed and the moment they got there they became the absolute darlings of those same people that trashed them.And nowadays, russian posts can be so easily translated from people that don't even know the language that these conceptions and rumours just travel in light speed.
    I/K had their best season until worlds, they have never finished 2nd in both their events before,never have done the final, they had never come so close to winning Euros.
    My two cents..their losing Euros in such a way made them more angry and determined than they should be in such an important event. Sometimes the will to show you're the best when you're not mentally or physically mature works against you.This is exactly what hapenned with B/S at 2012 Worlds,they had won the SD over P/B, went to Worlds determined, couldn't handle it, lost their focus and fell.And yes, the ice is slippery as well.

Of course, gossip and rumours and speculations about things are much more appealing than mere facts...

vCash
    Evgeni Plushenko has started to do the quad toe again in practice. Article & video: http://www.1tv.ru/news/sport/239879

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    And Takahashi but he wouldn't be at Russian test skate
    Morozov is only acting as a consultant for Dai this season.
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahshi Road to Sochi

vCash
    Are there going to be any more test skates this week? Curious to see Volchkova's skaters as none of them have skated yet and they are unpredictable to begin with. Loved that picture with all of them though, so cute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zotza View Post
    I guess the trend now is to only trash I/K and spread rumours about them,plus speculate about how they must be feeling about things. It's viral actually.But they should have expected it when they left Zhulin.See,B/S were trashed and the moment they got there they became the absolute darlings of those same people that trashed them.And nowadays, russian posts can be so easily translated from people that don't even know the language that these conceptions and rumours just travel in light speed.
    I/K had their best season until worlds, they have never finished 2nd in both their events before,never have done the final, they had never come so close to winning Euros.
    My two cents..their losing Euros in such a way made them more angry and determined than they should be in such an important event. Sometimes the will to show you're the best when you're not mentally or physically mature works against you.This is exactly what hapenned with B/S at 2012 Worlds,they had won the SD over P/B, went to Worlds determined, couldn't handle it, lost their focus and fell.And yes, the ice is slippery as well.
    Of course, gossip and rumours and speculations about things are much more appealing than mere facts...
    Is your two cents based on things I/K said or just a theory? I doubt I/K were in such a total bubble that it never reached them that basically everyone agreed they had the worst program of all time! Especially by the time worlds occurred! And it being in North America.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I actually *wish* I could stop trashing I&K. I used to defend them, I really like them as people and skaters, but they're just not delivering on content nor choreography. I even loved their Euros FD skate despite the terrible program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Are there going to be any more test skates this week? Curious to see Volchkova's skaters as none of them have skated yet and they are unpredictable to begin with. Loved that picture with all of them though, so cute.
    I am also curious to see Gosviani and Leonova. Which Leonova will we see? The one from the last season, or the one from two years ago? Is she back to landing jumps or does she still struggle?

vCash
    I actually *wish* I could stop trashing I&K.
    I am glad you admit that you are trashing them. I don't think they deserve it though! If you don't like them, don't watch them, but why bother trashing skaters who put so much time and effort into skating? Some skaters I like, some I don't like. Someone's skating makes me happy/excited and someone's skating just doesn't do anything for me; sometimes I can't even explain why. But why bother trashing the skaters?

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast