Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    TBD spots named: Gachinsky, Monko/K, Gosviani, Stolbova/Klimov.
    Thank you for this!! I guess THEY saw Artur's new programs too!!! SO happy to see the Fed giving him the chance he deserves. At least he won't have to throw everything onto the ice at SA, although I'm pretty sure he'll do it ANYWAY!! God, I love this crazy, beautiful sport!!

PS> Guess I shouldn't answer posts until I've read all the way through the thread, huh??

YAY for discovering this! And Gosviani got the Ladies TBA!!! I am a happy happy happy girl right now!!

vCash
    MissKarne, you are...

My new best friend!!

vCash
    Nvm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Oh..my ...God!!! I have never seen this video... But she couldn't conquer Hollywood...
    This is in regard to Bobrova channelling Marilyn Monroe..

Have you seen the movie "Blades of Glory"?? They could do THAT program, where she is Marilyn and he JFK..loads of laughs!!

vCash
    What was the issue with Artur last season? Was he injured?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Axel View Post
    And I've seen Gachinski's new programs...they are wonderful, an with that inevitable 'fleshing out', will be amazing, especially since it appears that 'Stella got her groove back"..he was landing quads all over..pretty ones, too.
    Have you seen him live? When and where?
    I'm wondering, because there's no vid of his new SP anywhere.

vCash
    This is in regard to Bobrova channelling Marilyn Monroe..

Have you seen the movie "Blades of Glory"?? They could do THAT program, where she is Marilyn and he JFK..loads of laughs!!
    Yes, I saw that movie, very funny..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by navire View Post
    Have you seen him live? When and where?
    I'm wondering, because there's no vid of his new SP anywhere.
    Mishin really isn't too fond of videos during training camp...someone got away with the FP, which Artur then put on his official channel. The SP, I'm assuming, no one was able to get. I didn't record a thing....too busy just watching Jeff Buttle work his magic with Artur and Liza...good stuff.

vCash
    Mishin really isn't too fond of videos during training camp...someone got away with the FP, which Artur then put on his official channel. The SP, I'm assuming, no one was able to get. I didn't record a thing....too busy just watching Jeff Buttle work his magic with Artur and Liza...good stuff.
    Buttle is working with Artur & Liza? That's great!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    What was the issue with Artur last season? Was he injured?
    Pieced together from dodgy Google translations, I believe the main issue was that Artur developed flat-footedness and they were having trouble fitting his boots correctly. This led to numbness and pain in his legs after only a very short time on the ice, which impacted his training (and obviously his performance; I can't imagine trying to land a quad if you can't feel your feet). Mishin also mentioned a low immune system caused by stress (Gee, I wonder what caused that? Yes, I'm looking at you, RFSF!) and a "second adolescence" which most have taken to mean a late growth spurt (he did look a lot bigger last year - he's gone from being equal height with Plushenko to slightly taller).

So all in all, a steamroller whammy of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Buttle is working with Artur & Liza? That's great!
    Yep, Buttle did Artur's SP and Liza's LP and reportedly Artur was so taken with the SP that he's said it's not going to change at all.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Gachinski is taller than Plushenko now? Yikes, jumping is difficult enough for the taller guys, but that's really tall for a skater.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I've always really liked Gachinsky but you know Voronov is my guy.....and has been for a few years. I'm reading this thread and see he placed first in Perm, yet nobody says anything about him. Why is that? I thought his programs were really good, though I am no tecknik.

vCash
    I think the issue with Voronov is that he's never really done anything on the world stage, has he? His second at RN was great but what is his Worlds record? Gachinski may have failed at Worlds 2011, but Voronov didn't exactly shine either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Gachinski is taller than Plushenko now? Yikes, jumping is difficult enough for the taller guys, but that's really tall for a skater.
    yes, Artur is a little bit taller. http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...t=335&start=70

vCash
    Being tall is a bit disadvantage, but it didn't prevent Lysacek getting the results at worlds/Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    I noticed that difference in the pics from Pinzolo and it made me worry, because according to their profiles Zhenya is 178cm tall and Artur is 175, so I thought that maybe Zhenya became lower after the operation (I've read such thing happens to people after a certain kind of spinal column surgery). That was an unpleasant thought to think.
    But in the recent photo with Ivan Okhlobystin https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BT5lNATIYAAtWHy.jpg Gachinski looks right as tall as him, and Okhlobystin is 180. So that's just Artur growing bigger, my heart is relieved now.

But he is such a huge guy really - no wonder some Russian media misunderstood Mishin and wrote an article about "pair skaters Tuktamysheva and Gachinski" doing well in the test skate in Sochi

vCash
    ^True... but it isn't particularly attractive skating (Lysacek's) IMO

Hopefully it won't be an issue for Artur.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by navire View Post
    But he is such a huge guy really - no wonder some Russian media misunderstood Mishin and wrote an article about "pair skaters Tuktamysheva and Gachinski" doing well in the test skate in Sochi
    Oh hell yes.

And remember people, Kulik was six foot...

vCash
    Has he dyed his hair?

vCash
    It does look quite dark.

Oh my, Konstantin just posted some photos on instagram that look like he got married! But as I can't quite work out how to get into instagram on my computer to link them, I'll have to leave it to someone more tech-savvy than me.

Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast