Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

vCash
    I can't believe...so many young russian talented girls! Who will be my biggest favorite??? I really don't know....[/QUOTE]

We have been saying this for quite a few years now. It's a shame that only two can make the Olympic team in Sochi. Gosviani looks pretty good. Adelina skates with more confidence though. Is Liza Tuk not at this event?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    She has a personality on the ice. I hope they develop to compete post Sochi.

vCash
    Gosviani's full SP can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sRFzMTWTd2o

vCash
    Here is Adelina's free skate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIrAnUhSoso
    She scored 124.55 (TES 60.35 & PCS 65.20).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Here is Adelina's free skate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIrAnUhSoso
    She scored 124.55 (TES 60.35 & PCS 65.20).
    THX! She is a little bit overscored, but good.
    Last edited by lala; 09-15-2013 at 05:53 PM.

vCash
    Agafonova's FS
    http://youtu.be/mgxZzBX5J1A

what happend to her!???Maybe all jump is UR or DG....
    In test skate,she was good condition at least.

vCash
    Perm results:

Gorshkov's SP (73+; 2nd place) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q9W...yer_detailpage
    Voronov's SP (81+; 1st place) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BN9...yer_detailpage

Gosviani's LP (106+; 4th overall) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHUx...yer_detailpage
    Artemieva's LP (107+; 3rd overall) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZaq...yer_detailpage
    Diana Pervushkina's LP (116+; 2nd overall; total unknown) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8R-...yer_detailpage

The rest of the uploaded links are in the Kiss and Cry forum.
    Last edited by DobrinFan; 09-16-2013 at 01:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by na0pp View Post
    Agafonova's FS
    http://youtu.be/mgxZzBX5J1A

what happend to her!???Maybe all jump is UR or DG....
    In test skate,she was good condition at least.
    Don't know but at this rate she's not going to make nationals for 2 years in a row if she doesn't win her next Russian Cup event. Last year she had 2 5th places and didn't make it. Maybe she was nervous cause her test skates were pretty good for her standards.

vCash
    Last videos from Perm:

Gorshkov's LP (141+; 2nd overall; wow did he grow up in his time off from last season, he's like a man now!!!)
    Voronov's LP (161+;1st overall)

Zhan Bush, Vladislav Smirnov, and Sergei Borodulin's SP and LP are now posted in the Kiss and Cry Forum.
    Last edited by DobrinFan; 09-16-2013 at 06:32 PM.

vCash
    Russia is really going to need Evgeni Plushenko in order to secure a medal in the Team Event (crossing my fingers & praying he's able to make it).

I was perusing Russia's standing at the last Worlds (2013) and noted that they are good in pairs (#1 thus far), ice dance (#3 thus far), ladies (#9 & #10 thus far), but way down when it comes to the men (#17 thus far w/out Zhenya).

Btw, does everybody on the Team get a medal if their country places 1/2/3? Even if they didn't compete? For instance, the USA earned 3 spots for Ladies, but presumably one (if not two) will not compete in the Team Event, does that mean those skaters receive a medal also (if USA places 1/2/3 of course)?

Imho the Team Event will be between Canada (gold), Russia (silver; only if Evgeni is able to compete), and the USA (bronze, presuming everybody skates clean of course).

I honestly cannot wait for the Team Event, it's the one I'm most EXCITED about!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Russia is really going to need Evgeni Plushenko in order to secure a medal in the Team Event (crossing my fingers & praying he's able to make it).

I was perusing Russia's standing at the last Worlds (2013) and noted that they are good in pairs (#1 thus far), ice dance (#3 thus far), ladies (#9 & #10 thus far), but way down when it comes to the men (#17 thus far w/out Zhenya).

Btw, does everybody on the Team get a medal if their country places 1/2/3? Even if they didn't compete? For instance, the USA earned 3 spots for Ladies, but presumably one (if not two) will not compete in the Team Event, does that mean those skaters receive a medal also (if USA places 1/2/3 of course)?

Imho the Team Event will be between Canada (gold), Russia (silver; only if Evgeni is able to compete), and the USA (bronze, presuming everybody skates clean of course).

I honestly cannot wait for the Team Event, it's the one I'm most EXCITED about!
    Kovtun is in very good shape. He landed 5 quads (in SP 2 and LP 3 quads) in test skate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Why on earth would they? If they don't compete they don't medal. All skaters who compete in the short and/or free will get medals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Kovtun is in very good shape. He landed 5 quads (in SP 2 and LP 3 quads) in test skate.
    When he did his sp he only did 3 jumps instead of 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Why on earth would they? If they don't compete they don't medal. All skaters who compete in the short and/or free will get medals.
    I agree with you, julieann, but have read that the Alternate(s) will get a Team Medal even if s/he doesn't compete, thus my query.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    When he did his sp he only did 3 jumps instead of 4
    I read in it http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/11345.html

google translater:

- How do you Maxim Kovtun, who in any program performed three quadruple jumps - after two quads in the short program?

- Impressed. Today Kovtun bowled major part of his long program, something that was deliberately released, but he made three quads. We have seen them, they are quite decent quality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    I read in it http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/11345.html

google translater:

- How do you Maxim Kovtun, who in any program performed three quadruple jumps - after two quads in the short program?

- Impressed. Today Kovtun bowled major part of his long program, something that was deliberately released, but he made three quads. We have seen them, they are quite decent quality.
    I remembered that video of his partial free skate but didn't remember him doing 3 quads in it. It was only a partial performance so I don't think that counts. He free skate at worlds began well and then he had a total technical meltdown and didn't do anything right. He wasn't used to doing 4:30 free skates. When he does a 4:30 free skate that will be a test.

vCash
    I remembered that video of his partial free skate but didn't remember him doing 3 quads in it. It was only a partial performance so I don't think that counts.
    She is talking about the closed test skate in Sochi, not the open practice from August.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    She is talking about the closed test skate in Sochi, not the open practice from August.
    Exactly.

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash

Smile Now that you mention placment..

Only if the team skates well though. That was the context. At 2013 worlds I/k were terrible.

It messed things up so bad that out of 20 teams they were 16th in TES. That's far beyond one mistake! And was almost unprecedented! That just a total overhaul including coaching change was probably necessary.
    Can anyone say "Maxim Kovtun"???

When TT was coaching Yagudin, I sang her praises for what she was able to get out of that kid...now, she's gone all Yard Sale on us...Come back, Visionary TT...I miss you!

And I've seen Gachinski's new programs...they are wonderful, an with that inevitable 'fleshing out', will be amazing, especially since it appears that 'Stella got her groove back"..he was landing quads all over..pretty ones, too. Never underestimate straightening out those 'private' distractions so you can concentrate on training!

Sad thing is, only ONE Russian man will be able to compete in Sochi. Putting Kovtun in that position was not fair to him. Menshov couldn't have faired any worse. Interesting to see how this develops. I'm going to Skate America..a competition Artur Gachinski MUST do well in to get the Rostellecom Cup TBA slot...failing here means basically an end to his Olympic dream for this cycle. I have faith that he WILL pull that rabbit out of his hat at SA. Cannot WAIT!

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    They definitely need to stop looking for Plushenko level consistency and wins and just try about supporting an Abt! They get close with Gachinski with his worlds bronze and euro silver and does really poorly at a worlds and then go too far in public bashing. I know success in mens was so much greater than success in ladies and failure in men is considered outrageous but how about having some of the tolerance for disappointment they showed with Sotnikova and Tuktamisheva! Though I think the coddling of Kovtun shows that they are going in that direction.
    I agree. But I wish they would STOP treating Gachinski like a social disease!! True, Mishin put him out there as 'the next Plushenko", which was totally unfair and a hell of a thing to live up to), but Artur is in NO way at fault for that! He had a crappy season, and learned ALOT about his beloved sport after Euros 2012, that was hard to swallow. But he choked it down after last season, and he's voraciously re-focused and ready for this season to start. I seriously smell 'comeback' here, in a major way, on his OWN terms, not trying to live up to his coach's 10 year old hype. Skating with the confidence that skating on your own terms and within limits you set for yourself, he's going to arrive, guns balzing, in Detroit. After all, how do you keep down a man who has nothing to lose?? It's apparently all-or-nothing at SA. So, Artur...let's DO this.

They bashed the crap out of Gachinski for Worlds 2012, threw the baby out with the bath water, wrote him off,....you name it. Yet Kovtun was cradled and coddled like a toddler who lost his binky...I hope this means they have learned theie lesson about how they manage skaters who don't do well. . Sad that Gachinski had to be the casualty of their learning curve.

I just think Tarosova had alot to do with the handling of her pupil. Sorry. I just don't have much faith in the Fed changing it's ways so quickly.

Just MHO...

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast