Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

vCash
    That's three teams doing it now then! Peng-Zhang, Sui-Han and Antipova-Maisuradze. How exciting!

I wish Antipova-Maisuradze got rid of the sbs doubles though. She used to be a singles skater, not particularly gifted the way the current juniors are (she didn't qualify for Russian nationals) but I did see somewhere on youtube a video of her doing a program with 3T-3T. So I am not sure why they do now double-double combination.

I have to say that I didn't like Antipova's skating last year because she kept regularly looking down on the ice and didn't project at all, but this year it has been fixed and she improved a lot. She is only 15 or 16 so she may not have finished with puberty but if she doesn't grow and doesn't start struggling with her jumps, I can imagine that they could seriously fight with Bazarova-Larionov and Stolbova-Klimov for their spots.

And I think next season Tarasova-Morozov, Gainedt.-Bitch and Davankova-Deputat have to move to seniors. It will be quite overcrowded in Russian pairs on the senior level. I think we will see now Martiusheva-Rogonov and Gerboldt-Enbert less and less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Finally a promising new Partnership for Nodari Maisuradze
    they finished 5th in CoR

Antipova / Maisuradze FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hAD7SV6NFA
    with a quadruple twist
    They are looking really good so far. He mentioned next season trying a throw quad and both of them doing a triple lutz. They seem very ambitious. I just hope they stay with their coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by navire View Post
    Drop the word "honestly"
    Then how about ACTUALLY. With Kovtun making GPF and pulling in huge scores, he has more than justified his spot at Euros, Olympics and Worlds.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Kovtun pulled in one huge SP score; his highest FS score this year is 40 points off the leader. There are four American men with higher FS scores this season. Plushenko's LP score at Volvo Cup was 15% higher than Kovtun's, and his SP score, without two quads, which more than made up the difference in their SP scores. More importantly, last season, when the pressure was on, he couldn't place Top 12 to retain two Men's spots for Russia.

I think it's too soon to call Kovtun's place justified, especially when, internally, they've told Plushenko what he does and doesn't have to do to own the spot.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Kovtun pulled in one huge SP score; his highest FS score this year is 40 points off the leader. There are four American men with higher FS scores this season. Plushenko's LP score at Volvo Cup was 15% higher than Kovtun's, and his SP score, without two quads, which more than made up the difference in their SP scores. More importantly, last season, when the pressure was on, he couldn't place Top 12 to retain two Men's spots for Russia.

I think it's too soon to call Kovtun's place justified, especially when, internally, they've told Plushenko what he does and doesn't have to do to own the spot.
    Oh sure, sorry I wasn't clear but I meant AFTER Plushenko. If Plushenko decided not to, or simply can not, skate either the whole Olympics or the individual event, one Russian man will have to step in.

And Kovtun has it all over the likes of Menshov, Voronov and Gachinski at this point with his 2 silver medalsand averaging 239 on the GP circuit. Menshov's SB was 223, Voronov 221 and Gachinski was 211.

By 'justified' I mean even if he doesn't win Russian Nationals, he is still going to be Russian's best bet for the highest placement if Plushenko couldn't make it.
    Last edited by Marco; 11-25-2013 at 06:51 AM.

vCash
    I am quite taken with Antipova/ Maisuradze. Here is their EX from Cup of Russia: http://youtu.be/dwkiOketHL8
    For a pair who has not been together for very long, and with Julia being so young, that is both expressive and intricate.
    They also seem to get along ( knock on wood). I wish them great luck.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    I am quite taken with Antipova/ Maisuradze. Here is their EX from Cup of Russia: http://youtu.be/dwkiOketHL8
    For a pair who has not been together for very long, and with Julia being so young, that is both expressive and intricate.
    Rostelecom Cup was the first time I saw them skate, and I liked them too. I'd say their LP/FS is even more expressive, although it's not everyone's cup of tea for sure. I hope that everything goes well for them and they develop into a great pair.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 11-26-2013 at 08:35 PM.

vCash
    They are now coached by Artur Dmitriev full time
    and have left their previous coach evil Pavlova

now bring in more quad twits and quad throws

vCash
    She actually reminded me of a 16 year old Elena Berezhnaya (yes, you read me correct; at 16 Elena had quite a personality on the ice- she was skating with Shliakov and at that time they seemed like a very promising pair)

vCash
    Maxim Staviski assesses ice dance so far this season: http://sochi2014.rsport.ru/sochi2014...703635989.html

vCash
    Russian Figure Skating Federation has announced the roster for Univesiade: http://fsrussia.ru/news/943_shest-ro...-universiade/#

Ladies: Maria Artemieva, Sofia Biryukova, Sofia Mishina, no alternates
    Men: Moris Kvitelashvili, Gordei Gorshkov, Zhan Bush
    Alternates: Vladislav Sezganov
    Pairs: Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov, Evgenia Trasova/Vladimir Morozov, Natalia Mitina/Yuri Shevchuk
    Alternates: Anastasia Martyusheva/Alexei Rogonov
    Ice dance: Ksenia Monko/Kirill Khaliavin, Viktoria Sinitsina/Ruslan Zhiganshin, Alexandra Stepanova/Ivan Bukin
    Alternates: Valeria Zenkova/Valery Sinitsin
    Last edited by quiqie; 11-26-2013 at 05:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    Russian Figure Skating Federation has announced the roster for Univesiade: http://fsrussia.ru/news/943_shest-ro...-universiade/#

Ladies: Maria Artemieva, Sofia Biryukova, Sofia Mishina, no alternates
    Men: Moris Kvitelashvili, Gordei Gorshkov, Zhan Bush
    Alternates: Vladislav Sezganov
    Pairs: Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov, Evgenia Trasova/Vladimir Morozov, Natalia Mitina/Yuri Shevchuk
    Alternates: Anastasia Martyusheva/Alexei Rogonov
    Ice dance: Ksenia Monko/Kirill Khaliavin, Viktoria Sinitsina/Ruslan Zhiganshin, Alexandra Stepanova/Ivan Bukin
    AAlternates: Valeria Zenkova/Valery Sinitsin
    mitina/shevchuk chosen and martiusheva/rogonov alternates? any reasons for that or just ouch?

vCash
    Anastasia wrote on Twitter that their coaches declined the offer.

vCash
    thanks for the news about m/r.

so summarizing staviski:

gold is between d/w and v/m; he feels v/m's free dance is lacking somethign special, which may/should be fixed by the time of the olympics.

p/b are more interresting than last season, but not as before; will be a fight for bronze, with the 2 russians and weaver poje. weaver/poje may be sacrificed by the canadian fed in the fight for v/m's gold; hope i understood it here correctly. he liked w/p free dance a lot. cappelini/lanotte are good but not special this year and might not interverne in fight for bronze.

3rd russian spot between r/t and m/k. few words about stupid mistakes of m/k in this years competition , but at rostelecom they were on track; s/z are great skaters but may have no chance this years, they are kinda junior to him, next year, they may bfight for 3rd.

b/s and i/k are almost on the same level; so we will see who will get it, mental strength important too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    They are now coached by Artur Dmitriev full time
    and have left their previous coach evil Pavlova

now bring in more quad twits and quad throws
    I was really impressed with this pair too. How long have they been together? Their unison was quite good. Will be interesting to watch them develop- with the age difference its a bit like a "kid skating with an adult" at the moment, which limits them stylistically, but that will sort itself out in time as she grows up.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Elizaveta Nugumanova. Her DOB is 25.8.2002 so she will be junior age eligible in 2016-2017.

vCash
    Very cute. But what is her music? It's so familiar, it's killing me!

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Very cute. But what is her music? It's so familiar, it's killing me!
    At least some of it is from the soundtrack of Anastasia.

vCash
    Very cute and lovely to watch.

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast