Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Liza only skated badly in the short, though. Her free skate was very good. If she can fix the SP issue, then she'll be fine.
    I know she skated badly only in the short, but if she does that at Europeans/Olympics/Worlds, she will place so low after SP that she won't be able to save it even with great FS, unlike this GP event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I know she skated badly only in the short, but if she does that at Europeans/Olympics/Worlds, she will place so low after SP that she won't be able to save it even with great FS, unlike this GP event.
    Her PCS already isn't very strong, imagine what they would be if she skated in the second group?!

vCash
    Kostomarov was really inconsistent and nerves seemed to really effect his performances. I've seen him do skates where he looked as strong as her (Some of their 2004 and 2005 OD performances) and some where he looked like he was so nervy he could barely stay upright. (2005 Worlds FD and 2006 Oympics FD)

I always thought physically and stylistically, him and Seminovich were a better match, even though they probably wouldn't have been as successful as N&K.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Kostomarov was really inconsistent and nerves seemed to really effect his performances. I've seen him do skates where he looked as strong as her (Some of their 2004 and 2005 OD performances) and some where he looked like he was so nervy he could barely stay upright. (2005 Worlds FD and 2006 Oympics FD)

I always thought physically and stylistically, him and Seminovich were a better match, even though they probably wouldn't have been as successful as N&K.
    Oh please not her !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59258...ature=youtu.be Congratulations Petr! I learned his name!

vCash
    I don't know when the video was shot but the report includes Elena Leonova, I/K and Morosov.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    I don't know when the video was shot but the report includes Elena Leonova, I/K and Morosov.
    September 4th or April 9th I would guess from the video's title (not that I understand what they are saying...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    I think the video is from September 4th. Nothing new, to be honest. Leonova says Carmen was her choice, I/K are asked how they express love on ice, Morozov discusses music choices for the Olympic season. What I found interesting was the name of the female journalist who prepared this report - Olga Boguslavska. I started to wonder whether this was the former skater who had competed for Latvia with Andrejs Brovenko .

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Just watched Artur's FS from Skate America and honestly, they're two programs I would expect from someone in pain. The FS was miles better than the SP, the quad was attacked with confidence and landed like he never had a problem, the first 3A was huuuuuuuuuge and the choreo is improving. That catchfoot position in the spin has GOT to go, though. I think it's tremendously unfair to say he has absolutely no choreo. There was plenty of choreo in that program. Give him credit, he's working on it.
    YES. THIS.

And with the fall he suffered prior to the short, I would expect half that men's field to have withdrawn. That spin would look lovely if it was done on the insode edge of the blade! (See his St Louis Blues" program from Euros, 2012) But doing it on the OUTSIDE edge is considered MUCH harder, and therefore worth more POINTS...in a system where someone actually scored his SkAm PCS for the FP at "5.00" (Yeah SERIOUSLY) it looks like it's an uphill fight to put more points in.

I see a HUGE difference in his presentation this season..even injured, he fought to leave in the balletic moves that are choreographed into the program..he fought for every move. I cannot wait until COR..when he's had appropriate time to rest the injury (that was bothering him at Finlandia) and to ease these programs up to where I've seen him capable of skating them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    I spoke to Artur Gachinski here at Skate America yesterday after the free skating. He obviously is frustrated about not being able to bring his practices to competition. He said he has been practicing well. He especially feels that he has a problem in the short program and he wants to compete it again soon. He did not blame the inury (from the bad fall in training) for his mistakes.
    You know, he WOULD'NT blame that fall..he owns what is happening with him and his skating. Tends to accept a little too much of the blame sometimes, which cannot help. .but it was evident that the pain was affecting him during his SkAm performances. His practice Thursday wasn't a good one..he skated around alot, didn't really do a whole lot. Then there was THAT FALL, and he did not come back to skate. Somehow, I think bringing THAT practice to competition would have been suicidal. His Free Skate practice was better..he started out just doing singles, then he went to doubles, and finally to his triples. He did NOT do a quad in that practice. It seemed to me that he was testing the limits of what his body would do after the fall, and the horrid short.

I want to see him skate his Free like he did in Finlandia, and his short like he did at Memorial Panin! Hi IS capable.

Thank you for taking the time to speak with him, and to 'get' where he's at in his head right now! He can bring BETTER than his practices already. He just needs his Mojo back!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Yes, my commentator said his footwork couldn't be assessed at Finlandia Trophy, because he did it on too little area. What is? Clear frustration.. I so sorry, because he is a beautiful skater, he has a handsom body, enjoyable to watch him on ice. But it doesn't matter if he doesn't make it good skating.
    lala, what the problem was in Finlandia was that he didn't cover enough of the surface of the ice, so thay gave him NO points for it. That issue has now been fixed. The footwork was choreographed by Jeffery Buttle..so it can't be all bad. He skated his short at Memorial Panin after Finlandia, and scored VERY well on it! I agree with your assesment of his body type and that he can make beautiful shapes out there. Somehow, after seeing Max Aaron (who is a sweetheart, BTW), who looks like a long-haul trucker out there skating, I appreciate Artur's long lines and his pushing the choreo/artistry in presentation. As a friend of mine on here said "It just wasn't his night".

vCash
    Pogorilaya is solid - 63.27 SP
    she's slowly sneaking in for this season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_10-gf1hDM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post

That program is but bless her she is giving it her best. I will be rooting for her to beat Sot and Tuk at Russian Nats.

vCash

love how fierce she is becoming, she is really giving more emotion to the music and it is showing. rooting for her this season, i'm impressed by the improvements she has made during these difficult growing years. also, she is looking much more like a lady this season, costuming is pretty good by russian standards and more flattering for her long-limbed body type. hope she rocks it at COC

vCash
    I'm not sure what to make of Pogorilaya. Does she still have growing to do do we think?

I love how determined she seems, but she always seems hunched whenever a jump is involved, and those limbs look awkward and bent.

Also, that is one vile costume

But there's something likeable about her.

vCash
    Pogorilaya looks post-pubescent.

That costume is horrific yes (still better than Sotnikova's TRICK OR TREAT dress ) and she's not exactly elegant but she has clearly improved since last season.

vCash

She reminds me of Baiul

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of Pogorilaya. Does she still have growing to do do we think?

I love how determined she seems, but she always seems hunched whenever a jump is involved, and those limbs look awkward and bent.

Also, that is one vile costume

But there's something likeable about her.
    I actually like the costume, as Russian costumes go it's quite decent, and she's very pretty so I imagine she looks good in most things. I would think she's mostly done growing, height wise at least, likely she will fill out some more but given her current frame I would think she'll maintain the long and lean look. She kind of reminds me of Shelepen in terms of her jumping and physique, but I think her presentation is better than Shelepen's ever was and she also appears to be faster across the ice. I'll be interested to see what her marks look like on the GP if she can skate well at her events, may be a bit of a diamond in the rough here. Also, her feet are so tight in those jumps, very impressive! Just wish she'd straighten those knees in the illusion spin, she could really use those limbs to her advantage if she could straighten them fully.

Also, Pogorilaya just won the FS and overall. FS score about 110 and 174 total. Kaiumova was 2nd and Biryukova 3rd, but both quite a number of points back. For early in the season, Pogo and Gosviani are looking strong.
    Last edited by pinky166; 10-24-2013 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    Good for Anna !

vCash

First time I've ever seen her, and she blew me away!

I usually don't follow jr. skaters until they hit the sr. grand prix, but navire's post saying she reminds her of Baiul intrigued me, thus I opened the link and tada. Seriously, she reminds me of Oksana
    as well (with a touch of Rachael Flatt in the face imho). She skates like her and has that efferevescence, though she does need better choreography and music. But thus far she's my favorite Russian lady skater, tieing my fav Adelina Sotnikova, but threatening to overtake her. jmho.

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast