Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

vCash
    SP Results from todays' Russian Cup II (Sochi)
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Men SP:
    1. Kovtun 78.00 landed 1 quad (Tarasova says he'll score 90+ when he lands both quads, with the 3axel in the 2nd 1/2)
    2. Menshov 71.40 landed quad, doubled lutz
    3. S. Borodulin 70.43

Jr. Pairs SP:

1. Nagalaty/Bobrov 55.00
    2. Vygalova/Zakroev 54.24
    3. Tarasova/Morozov 53.44
    Senior Pairs SP:
    1. Bazarova/Larionov 71.72
    2. Stolbova/Klimov 63.90
    3. Astakova/Kurdyukov 61.30
    Senior Ladies SP:
    1. Agafonova 61.45
    2. Pogorilaya 61.31
    3. Kayumova 60.18
    ETA the rest of the ladies results:
    4. Artemieva 58.06
    5. Biryukova 56.63
    9. Korobeinikova 43.40 (dead last)

Sadly no videos, hell I don't think there was even an audience
    Last edited by DobrinFan; 10-03-2013 at 07:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    That's not true. They used it three seasons. 2008-2009 they used it in exhibitions, 2009-2010 they used it as FS and 2012-2013 they used it as their SP.
    That is not THE PREVIOUS SEASON to 'Cats' as you stated

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Kavaguti- Smirnov prepared SP 'cats' and then last minute change it for their third version of the same Waltz they had the previous season.
    The previous season? As in 2012-2011 when they skated to ‘All Alone’ and ‘Clair de Lune’?

The previous season? As in 2011-2010 when they skated to ‘Also sprach Zarathustra’ and ‘Clair de Lune’?

Or

(Like I said before) the Olympic season when they skated to: ‘Valse Sentimentale’/’The Blue Danube’ in the free skate and I don’t count the 2008-2009 exhibitions since they aren’t judged.

At any rate… I think a change is good for B&S otherwise they probably wouldn't be doing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Their FD was taken from an ice show, first choreographed for Domnina/Tikhonov. IMHO the pair that claims to be n.1 in Russia and a medal contender in the upcoming Olympics should be skating new programmes, rather than recycle TV shows....
    As far as I know TAHbKA has blocked me (quite unfairly, in my opinion), but I want to explain a bit more about what she wrote here. Yes, the music and the general concept of that FD was from 'Ice Age', but the choreography looked quite different. By the way, the music of their last season FD (the 'Man With a Harmonica' part) was used in one of those shows too, although, from what I remember, the concept was a bit different. Also, I can't completely agree with TAHbKA - I, as well as other people who watch those 'Ice Age' shows regularly, have often thought that some of the ideas, music, choreographic elements, also some lifts could be adapted for competitive programs. There have been a lot of interesting things during the years that we would have liked to see better executed by competitive skaters (or, at least, just by professionals like two years ago in the 'Ice Age: Cup of Professionals' show).

vCash
    Bobrova & Soloviev's FD from the previous season was obviously inspired by Zhulin's work at the Ice Age tv show. "Man with the Harmonica" was used by Kazanova & Kostomarov in a number that got mostly positive feedback. Some of their moves in that FD were done by Arntgolts & Staviski in an Ice Age performance as well. I wouldn't be surprised if other ideas from that show will be used in future competitive programs.
    That said, I loved Domnina & Tikhonov's performance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d358Xbu9wt0) and I was looking forward to what B&S could do with their new FD.

vCash
    Martyusheva & Rogonov are currently in third place after the SP at the Ondrej Nepela Trophy. They scored 28.46 in TES and 22.94 in PCS

vCash
    I cannot find a thread to discuss junior grand prix skaters and performances, so I just post here. Alexandra Proklova has quickly become my favorite among the countless Russian girls on the junior circuits. I find most of the Russian junior girls almost indistinguishable from each other --- they can jump but their choreography tends to be generic and their musicality is immature and superficial. Proklova really stands out. She does not flail or rush. She hits most of the accents in the music. Her expression is precise and purposeful. It doesn't hurt that she also has strong and secure edges and high quality posture. Impressive, especially considering she is only 13. I would much rather watch her than watch Lipniskaya or Sotnikova.

Her most recent performance at JGP CZE:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo9br...IwotCt2JGySfJA
    Last edited by Jun Y; 10-04-2013 at 12:38 AM.

vCash
    I wonder if B&S got feedback that the "dying bird" concept was too morbid and not "uplifting" enough for an Olympic FD. If they were going to include the gunshot sound effect like the show version, there might have been concern having a gun shot echoing through the arena might be a bit unsettling.

I'm hoping it's simply becuase they came across another piece of music or idea that they fell in love with more, and weren't forced to drop the current one.

I'm having flashbacks to P&B's 2010 Olympic FD that started with a lot of potential in the pre-season, and then got butchered into some nightmarish version for no discernible reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    I cannot find a thread to discuss junior grand prix skaters and performances, so I just post here. Alexandra Proklova has quickly become my favorite among the countless Russian girls on the junior circuits. I find most of the Russian junior girls almost indistinguishable from each other --- they can jump but their choreography tends to be generic and their musicality is immature and superficial. Proklova really stands out. She does not flail or rush. She hits most of the accents in the music. Her expression is precise and purposeful. It doesn't hurt that she also has strong and secure edges and high quality posture. Impressive, especially considering she is only 13. I would much rather watch her than watch Lipniskaya or Sotnikova.

Her most recent performance at JGP CZE:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo9br...IwotCt2JGySfJA

Love her! What a great find! How old is she? Can she be age eligible for 2018?

vCash
    Interesting that Agafonova bombed her last competition with very low scores, yet she is leading here with quite a high one. Not sure what her deal is, she can do the jumps, it seems just not consistently. Korobeynikova makes me sad to see her regressing like that, I wonder if she grew even taller, or if she is injured. On the bright side, nice to see Biryukova put up a respectable score, hope that means she is recovered from the multiple stress fractures that wreaked havoc on her results and scores last season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Love her! What a great find! How old is she? Can she be age eligible for 2018?
    Proklova turned 13 on April 5: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00014530.htm
    She will be not be eligible for any ISU Senior events until the 2015-16 season (due to the age rule change that raises the ISU Senior age minimum for Grand Prix/Senior B comps from 14 to 15 next season) but she will be old enough for 2016 Europeans/Worlds and 2018 Olympics.

Proklova's coach, Inna Goncharenko, also coaches Elena Radionova and junior Alexander Samarin (among others) in Moscow.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    I cannot find a thread to discuss junior grand prix skaters and performances, so I just post here.
    It's the right place/thread to discuss Russian skaters (besides in the Kiss and Cry forum). JGP videos are also discussed in the U.S. Ladies thread in the Trash Can and the other threads by discipline/country in GSD/Trash Can.

FYI, I re-posted a version of your Proklova post in this new thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4009259
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-04-2013 at 05:14 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Proklova's "Don Q" would be a remarkably sophisticated program for a top Senior. I think my favorite part is during the FW sequence with the long sequence of turns in one direction on one foot, and without putting her foot down, she turns in the opposite direction.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Pogorilaya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av4BSaAsH1A

ETA: rest of videos now added to Kiss and Cry! As of now, no senior dance.
    Last edited by DobrinFan; 10-04-2013 at 02:00 PM.

vCash
    thanks,
    it highlights classic Diva Vera and her manservant program

vCash
    Tutktamysheva LP practice from Findlandia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YbHhYRxcFM

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by navire View Post
    "Dandelion" is sometimes used in Russian to describe a nice, innocent, harmless person. Full set expression is "God's dandelion".
    What a sweet thing to call someone! Think I will use that with my little ballerinas this weekend.

vCash
    Thank you!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    From the Russian Cup held in Sochi today:

1 Elena Ilinykh / Nikita Katsalapov MOS 67.26 33.10 34.16 8.60 8.35 8.50 8.60 8.60 0.00
    2 Victoria Sinitsina / Ruslan Zhiganshina MOS 62.89 32.60 30.29 7.65 7.45 7.65 7.55 7.55 0.00
    3 Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin MOS 58.77 30.00 29.77 7.40 7.30 7.50 7.55 7.45 1.00
    Senior Dance FD
    1 Elena ILYINYKH / Nikita Katsalapov 99.74 with 1 point deduction http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp70e8oMkVE
    2 Victoria Sinitsina / Ruslan Zhiganshina 93.19 with 2 point deduction http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=liXTSK8hpJg
    3 Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan BUKIN 93.07 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZcGVQqlT4hI

Overall
    1 Elena ILYINYKH / Nikita Katsalapov 167.00
    2 Victoria Sinitsina / Ruslan Zhiganshina 156.08
    3 Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan BUKIN 151.84

I'm not an ice dance expert, but if I was Riazanova/Tkachenko, I'd be scared of not making Sochi. S/Z, S/B, M/K are hungry..............
    Last edited by DobrinFan; 10-04-2013 at 06:46 PM.

vCash
    I/K wearing all black for a black swan is

Senior Dance FD

3 Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan BUKIN 93.07 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZcGVQqlT4hI
    its creepy with their resemblance on how they skate and look on the ice
    Domnina/Shabalin is that you ?
    Last edited by love_skate2011; 10-04-2013 at 05:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    I/K wearing all black for a black swan is
    Don't forget that one red glove she wears; it looks lonely surrounded by a sea of black
    The costumes are ugly too.

Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast