Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^ That sounds fantastic Finnice - good luck, and enjoy the competition (jealous!! )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Primorskaya View Post
    I'm not sold on Trankov's general appearance. Between him and Smirnov going for the worst hairdye job in history, the Russian guys seem determined to bring on the fug this year
    I liked Tatiana's costume but not Maxim's .Those yellow pants were pants
    I thought he looked like a cross between Hitler and Basil Fawlty with that moustache

vCash
    Trankov's mustache seems very appropriate for the SP - especially when I think about the movie Anna Karenina where the majority of the main characters had mustaches. I'm not in love with the top knot but whatevs. Also, at least they're not in grey - no one wins in grey...

vCash
    Maxim's mustache is awful.. He reaminds me Hitler...

vCash
    double post

vCash
    I am annoyed that Russia wasted a spot at JGP for Lee who did not do well, and they did not give a chance to others who may have done well. As Yushenko recently won 2 Russian internal competitions and beaten Li, why send Li instead of Yushenko? Why waste the spot? Li placed sixth at one of those internal competitions, so it could have told them that she is not quite ready.

Even if they replace Kaiumova with Yushenko for the last JGP, if she does well, she won't have a chance to qualify to JGP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I am annoyed that Russia wasted a spot at JGP for Lee who did not do well, and they did not give a chance to others who may have done well. As Yushenko recently won 2 Russian internal competitions and beaten Li, why send Li instead of Yushenko? Why waste the spot? Li placed sixth at one of those internal competitions, so it could have told them that she is not quite ready.

Even if they replace Kaiumova with Yushenko for the last JGP, if she does well, she won't have a chance to qualify to JGP.
    Iuschenko wasn't listed as an alternate for this event; Russia couldn't have sent her even if they wanted to.

vCash
    ^ Russia could have sent Sotskova to Minsk, who was an alternate. A top two placement here would have been very attainable for her and put her in the final. Instead, she's up against Proklova, Wang, Kato, Kim, etc. in Ostrava next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    ^ Russia could have sent Sotskova to Minsk, who was an alternate. A top two placement here would have been very attainable for her and put her in the final. Instead, she's up against Proklova, Wang, Kato, Kim, etc. in Ostrava next week.
    That I totally agree with. Ogoreltseva should have gone to Poland. Absolutely no reason for Russia to waste a ladies spot with so many talented skaters.

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNbaqO6Clis LOVE them both . . . they are SO CUTE! Wishing Lisa and Artur lots of luck and good fortune this season! And Jeff Buttle programs to boot!
    THIS is absolutely precious! I adore both of these skaters, and want nothing more than to see them skate their absolute BEST this season. Both have the makings of a champion inside them. My hope is that they bring it out all season, that both develop consistency I know they are capable of. And although this isn't always a fun sport, I hope they always have fun, and see the joy in the sport through the veil of international pressure.

Thank you SO much, museksk8r, for sharing this one!! I also LOVE that Jeffery Buttle is helping both of them-Artur with his SP, and Liza with her LP....

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Nope. I'm down with it. Even if I don't like the color of the pants, I don't mind the, uh....fit.
    Oh, HORROR!! My country has blocked viewing of the V/T videos on copyright grounds in my country!! I wasn't looking so much forward to the skating as I was to see the FIT...

Dammit.

vCash
    Well I'm as blind as a bat and I LOVE Trankov's yellow pants. I don't like the white top, because Lord I can't distinguish it from the ice and for me it's like half of Maxim skating. Not the worst part, but still

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Iuschenko wasn't listed as an alternate for this event; Russia couldn't have sent her even if they wanted to.
    They could have send this week Ogoreltseva and Sotskova (Sotskova was listed as a substitute)
    next week Proklova and Yushenko (Yushenko was a substitute so she could have replaced Sotskova)
    and the last week Sakhanovitch and Yushenko.

Easy! But no, let's waste a slot with someone who is sixth in their internal competition and don't bother to send the winner!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    I liked Tatiana's costume but not Maxim's .Those yellow pants were pants
    I thought he looked like a cross between Hitler and Basil Fawlty with that moustache
    Let's hope he doesn't start goosestepping around and mentioning The War!
    Touching the void.

vCash
    I have been told today tha Bobrova/Soloviev are going to change both SD and FD, and that is the reason why they are not doing Finlandia Trophy.
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

YEAH!
    vCash
    Wow... I read about the SD. I thought the FD had some potential, although I didn't think the music had that epic feeling you want for the Olympics.

vCash
    Wow. Surprised to see so much change and doubts at this late date. Would have though their coaching team was going to be more strategic and confident. Knowing how everyone else is approaching the season does provide some advantages but the perception that they lack confidence in their material is not necessarily helpful. I guess better to make a change rather than compete with programs that one does not believe will do what everyone expects them to.

vCash
    Will they have time to get ready for their GP events?

I thought the FD had some potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Will they have time to get ready for their GP events?

I thought the FD had some potential.
    Their first GP is Cup of China, so they have about a month to make the changes.

vCash
    so are we talking about making a few changes, or are we talking about finding new music and then creating two whole programs from scratch?

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast