vCash

Contact address for Takahiko Kozuka?

I felt bad for him after narrowly missing out on Sochi, so I just wanted to send him some encouragement going forward. I can't seem to find an official site or even FB page..does anyone know if something like that exists? I seem to remember something about a blog in Japanese, but maybe I'm just getting my skaters confused now.

vCash
    He'll be glad to receive encouraging messages from international fans.

According to his official site: http://www.t-kozuka.com/blog/profile.html

Address:

Takahiko Kozuka
    C/O IMG
    Sumitomo Fudousan Roppongi-St. Building 7F
    7-18-18 Roppongi
    Minato-ku
    Tokyo-to
    Zip Code 106-0032, Japan

Notes:
    Please write your name and address on the letter/present when you send them to him.
    Please don't send food to him for the reasons of sanitation and security.

ETA:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_dMCdOz9vY

my rough translation

Kozuka:
    (After hugging Kenji Miyamoto, a choreographer) Well...I think I'm a fortunate person since such many people feel sorry for me. I feel sorry but I think it might be a good experience. I'll do my best again.
    Last edited by rosewood; 12-25-2013 at 05:19 AM.
    "You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you'll just Smile."  --by john turner and geoffrey parsons

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    What is a polite way to address him in a card or letter?
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I think 'Kozuka' is OK in an English card/letter. If you want to show your respect for him by using the language in which he speaks, 'Kozuka-san' is the plite way to address him. Also competitive athletes usually addressed with '-senshu' in Japan. As a Japanese native speaker if I write a letter in Japanese, I would address him 'Kozuka-senshu' which is polite and also shows respect for athletes. Is this what you wanted to know?
    "You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you'll just Smile."  --by john turner and geoffrey parsons

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    That's perfect: thank you so much!
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Prick Admin
    vCash
    If you're writing in English, the same way you would do normally.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    "Mr. Kozuka" didn't sound right to me, and neither did Takahiko. I'm glad there are more options.

vCash
    Thank you so much! Feeling heartbroken for him right now, & I so want to send him a message of appreciation & encouragement.

vCash
    Thank you very much rosewood. Glad I didn't imagine the blog part . Will get a card out shortly.

eta: google search was an epic failure in bringing up the blog until I put in "Takahiko Kozuka blog" & then it finally showed up. As the third result, but whatevs, still better than before.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    "Mr. Kozuka" didn't sound right to me, and neither did Takahiko. I'm glad there are more options.
    Putting "-san" on the end of Japanese names in English always feel a bit affected to me, so I go with Mr or Ms if I'm being formal, but most of the time by first names because that is what we do in Ireland.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    is he going to the Worlds and Four Continents?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTA View Post
    is he going to the Worlds and Four Continents?
    Four Continents - yes
    Worlds - no (but he's first alternate so if Takahashi has to retire because of injury, he'll get to go)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Four Continents - yes
    Worlds - no (but he's first alternate so if Takahashi has to retire because of injury, he'll get to go)
    I thought Olympics was his last competition

vCash
    If in English I'd address him as "Kozuka-san" or "Taka." The former is the polite option. Or maybe you can try writing in Japanese just for the part: 小塚さん (Kozuka-san) or 小塚選手 (Kozuka-senshu)

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTA View Post
    I thought Olympics was his last competition
    I thought he said that if he didn't make the Olympic team he'd retire immediately. Worlds is in Japan this year. That leaves Kozuka in a hurry-up-and-wait position.

vCash
    If I received a card/letter written in English from someone I don't know and I was addressed with -san/-senshu/-chan/-kun or whatever, I'd feel somewhat it's disconnected to the English sentence but also I'd assume this English speaker dare to add -san/-senshu/-chan--kun etc to express respect/familiarity/love etc. for me. At least I would think like "Oh, this English speaker studied Japanese language a bit to send a message to me?" or "Does he/she know Japanese language?" and maybe i'll be interested in the person a bit. I think Johnny Weir is perfect-almost perfect with using -san/-kun/-chan on twitter.