57 57.00%
  • Alena Leonova

5 5.00%
  • Polina Korobeynikova

4 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Liza and Adelina will still likely be the ones to go, even if they bomb at Nationals and aren't good during the GP either. Thing is, if they get sent anyways and don't deliver at the Olympics, the Russian Fed may wish they had gone with the two 15 year olds instead. At least we will get to see Julia at Euros most likely.

vCash
    Id rather have the risk of sending Elizaveta knowing that she could potentially pull out a 130 point FS than send Julia Lipnitskaya

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Id rather have the risk of sending Elizaveta knowing that she could potentially pull out a 130 point FS than send Julia Lipnitskaya
    Julia can probably skate a 130 LP, or higher, skating clean. She has like 124 at JW in 2012, without a spiral, which she'll get +3s on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166
    Julia can probably skate a 130 LP, or higher, skating clean. She has like 124 at JW in 2012, without a spiral, which she'll get +3s on.
    Given these numbers, she might come close to 130, but at that JW she was the favorite by a landslide and I doubt she'll get as high GOE compared to the senior ladies now as she got back then (on spins, yes - the rest, no).

vCash
    I'm hoping for Alena and Liza! As long as Alena goes, I'll be thrilled. She's more than capable of it.

vCash
    Julia Lipnitskaya is one of the few skaters I can't watch.
    She is a stretching gymnast. Her basic skating is not very good considering her talent, and so is her jumping technique.
    She moves her arms and her head way too much, as CoP asks. She represents for me what I don't like in CoP.
    About the same for Pogorilaya.

Elizaveta Tuktamisheva is more of a skater, but she lacks ice coverage, and if she doesn't have the jumps, she won't be able to beat others in Russia.

My favorite is Polina Korobeynikova. But I guess we won't see her at Euros, Worlds or Olympics anymore.
    In fact, Adelina Sotnikova is probably the most complete. So, my favorite team would be Sotnikova and Tuktamisheva.

vCash
    Agree! Don't give me no LIP!(nitskaya).

She is everything bad about COP. Tiny jumps (but rotated). Gumby spins that have nothing to do with choreography, positions that are chosen for the their gumbiness rather than attractiveness . Gratuitous hydrants that earn GOE. No relation to music, no expression...a COP machine, basically.
    Last edited by FunnyBut; 08-20-2013 at 02:54 PM.

vCash
    I think Sot, Tuk and Lip will advance from Nationals to Euros and the top two from there will go to Sochi.

Given Sot and Tuk have already medalled at Euros and placed top 10 at Worlds, it is their spots to lose, really. Lip will probably have to be the top placed lady at Euros to have a spot.

I doubt the Russian Fed will support anyone but these three this coming season.

Keeping in mind that Russia is in the medal hunt too for the team event, a Sot short program and a Tuk long program will hopefully be very competitive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    Agree! Don't give me no LIP!(nitskaya).

She is everything bad about COP. Tiny jumps (but rotated). Gumby spins that have nothing to do with choreography, positions that are chosen for the their gumbiness rather than attractiveness . Gratuitous hydrants that earn GOE. No relation to music, no expression...a COP machine, basically.
    Good god, I can't even tell you how much I agree...

vCash
    I voted for Lip and Sot. If I could pick an OGM it would be Adelina. She has it all if only she can hold it together, along with the exuberance of youth that is so wonderful to see on Olympic stage. I would love to see her pull off a Lipinski and defeat the cautious veterans but I know Yu Na is a rock that only Yu Na can topple, and Mao and Carolina put up some big numbers....

As for Julia, I have been inclined to ascribe all her weaknesses to youth and poor choreography, but it is time for her to start showing some personality and grace. I do think her steely nerves will carry her to Sochi.

vCash
    Sotnikova can win the Olympics all right. if she has the skate of her life, Kim falls 5 times, Asada and Kostner fall 3 times, Gold and Wagner fall atleast once, some others mess up. Good luck.

vCash
    Liza could be the dark horse this year. I just hope she makes the Olympics team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Liza could be the dark horse this year. I just hope she makes the Olympics team
    I like her more than Sotnikova since she has much better quality jumps and her presentation while arguably weaker is improving all the time w hile Sotnikova has been stagnant for atleast 3 years now.

However the Russian judges and federation love to ass kiss Sotnikova so she is probably on the team and now with only 2 spots sadly means atleast 2 of Lipnitskaia, Pogo, and Tuks will miss it. Shame as they all deserve to be at the Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmercer View Post
    Sotnikova can win the Olympics all right. if she has the skate of her life, Kim falls 5 times, Asada and Kostner fall 3 times, Gold and Wagner fall atleast once, some others mess up. Good luck.
    Kostner fell twice at worlds and won silver. Falling 3 times wouldn't even have downgraded to bronze! The issue is for Kostner not to medal she would have to have a performance that's a combination of worlds 2009 and Olympics 2010 maybe singling every jump in SP and LP. Mao could fall 3 times too I'm sure. Kim falling five times would maybe put her out of the top 5. Because even if you fell 5 times on non combo jumps it probably means you have landed 10 jumps? Gold and Wagner are different. Maybe them falling once or more than once would damage their medal hopes. But Kostner Kim and Mao? LOL falling 3 to 5 times really wouldn't harm them.

vCash
    I like her more than Sotnikova since she has much better quality jumps and her presentation while arguably weaker is improving all the time w hile Sotnikova has been stagnant for atleast 3 years now.

However the Russian judges and federation love to ass kiss Sotnikova so she is probably on the team and now with only 2 spots sadly means atleast 2 of Lipnitskaia, Pogo, and Tuks will miss it. Shame as they all deserve to be at the Olympics.
    I wish Sotnikova was stagnant! Her jumps have worsened every year she's been in seniors!

vCash
    True, she is only getting worse. I don't know the Russian fed is so high on her. She isn't ever going to be some big on the international scene. she is already being blown past by people younger than her.

vCash
    True, she is only getting worse. I don't know the Russian fed is so high on her. She isn't ever going to be some big on the international scene. she is already being blown past by people younger than her.
    Gold, Li, Osmond etc all blew right past her! She has been overtaken and is now overshadowed because of her jump issues.

vCash
    I am hoping for Sotnikova. She is the only one who's personality on the ice stands out. Do not care much about the second spot. Could be any of the jumping/stretching machines. Whether it's Lipnitskaya or Pogorilaya or any other newcomer is quite interchangeable to me. Tuktamysheva has a great Lutz technique but that is about everything I could care for her.

vCash
    For this Olympics, you're pretty much right. But in 2018 she could potentially win. There's still a (albeit very slim) chance that one of Sot, Tuk, or Lip could win a fluke bronze with a pair of great skates and major errors being made by one of the big 3, and none of the other contenders stepping up to the plate in the same degree. Clean, any of these girls can do well. The one thing I think people are overestimating with Sotnikova though is GOE on her jumps, sure they are big but apart from 3s and 3lo they are all pretty swingy in the takeoff and wild in the landing, then even if the cheat is not more than 1/4 there is the hook on the ending, that isn't going to translate into +3s and +2s like Yuna, Caro, and Gracie can get on their jumps. Her spins and spirals are good but so are a lot of other ladies', plus the way GOE is factored, it counts more on the jumps. So even with all her talent that's why I think, even in the event she skates clean and rotates all the jumps (already a big ask), Adelina will have a tough time getting on the podium and her chances of it are really pretty comparable to Liza, due to the fact that Liza has nicer jumps that can pick up more +GOE, even if her other elements are weaker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Gold, Li, Osmond etc all blew right past her! She has been overtaken and is now overshadowed because of her jump issues.
    Based on ONE season?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast