Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Where are Steven and Elena these days?

Does any one know where the Cousin's family is these days?

I noticed Steven's name as a coach at Mariposa and wondered if the family is now stationed in Canada!?

vCash
    I believe the couple has split up and Elena Berezhnaya is living in Russia with their two children.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I believe the couple has split up and Elena Berezhnaya is living in Russia with their two children.

Yes, there was an article in a British paper a few weeks ago (or last week maybe) that referenced them as divorcing, Elena back in Russia with the children and Steven selling their house in Canada (I would imagine that Steven will continue to have some base in Canada as so much of his work is there). Having been through a divorce with young children myself - sad news for everyone involved, it's just not going to be a picnic for any one of them. I wish them all well, especially the kids.
    Last edited by Willowway; 08-16-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash

vCash
    Did he leave his first wife for her? They were always an interesting match to me. I assume there was some sort of a language barrier there... Elena can speak English, but she always seemed pretty limited in what she could say. Can't be easy in a marriage.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Did he leave his first wife for her?
    As far as I know, he has been married only to Elena. He previously had a long term relationship with Shae-Lynn Bourne, but they never married.

Steven and Elena seemed rather an unlikely couple to me, but I'm sorry they've separated.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i thought he was married to kristina lenko first?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    Yes, you're quite right, now that I think about it. Apologies.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    Yes, he was, but I think they split a while before he started his relationship with Berezhnaya.

vCash
    I saw them at a couple of events and they seemed very much in love. It was a few years ago, maybe before their daughter was born. It can't be easy to make a marriage work while trying to live & work in two different countries. Elena's career was in Russia and Steve's in the UK/Canada. Bummer.

vCash
    Strangely enough, Anton Sikharulidze has recently ended his marriage as well. Allegedly. Russian media can't be trusted. But it had been reported that Anton & Yana divorced in July of this year.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perky Shae Lynn View Post
    Strangely enough, Anton Sikharulidze has recently ended his marriage as well. Allegedly. Russian media can't be trusted. But it had been reported that Anton & Yana divorced in July of this year.
    This takes me back to my old shipper days... maybe Elena and Anton will start skating together again and get married!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    This takes me back to my old shipper days... maybe Elena and Anton will start skating together again and get married!
    I thought Anton and Elena were an off-ice couple at one time but split.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    I thought Anton and Elena were an off-ice couple at one time but split.
    Yes.

vCash
    I remember a Russian article about Elena from a few years ago (my student was kind enough to translate, LOL) that said something like "Anton always said Steven and I will split up and Anton will end up raising our kids with me"... Odd, so odd. I highly doubt Anton & Elena will ever be a couple again - their relationship was very sibling-like at the end of their careers. Total devotion yet completely separate interests and lives.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Things change
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Skating together may not be totally out of question (in shows only) but I doubt that they will get married. They had a long relationship that was on and off. From what I read, after the 2002 Olympics they took a significant amount of time to evaluate their relationship and decided that they would not marry each other. I remember one interview by Tamara after that in which she said that (paraphrasing) their married lives will be with other people.

vCash
    Isn't Anton the children's godfather? I remember some pics a few years ago where one (or maybe both) of Elena's kids were being baptized in Russia.

vCash
    According to Wiki, Anton is the godfather of Elena & Steven's son.

vCash
    Elena is very lucky to have Anton in her life. I remember that awful partner who stuck his blade in her head in the side-by-side camels and then complained when she didn't come back to training soon enough to suit him. Then when she did come back and struggled with her first competition he stalked out of the Kiss and Cry in a rage leaving her in tears. I believe Anton was her next partner and he stuck by her when it wasn't at all clear that she could regain her competitive form. Amazingly she went on to win the Olympics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast