Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    I'm one of the few who really like Scott and Sandra. Scott is the big kid who brings life to the commentary while Sandra is the more thoughtful sober one. I also miss Vern Lundqvist. He had such an Olympic voice in Lillehammer. Brought instant prestige to the event.

Yes Terry Gannon was excellent. Yes Peter Carruthers has his moments. Tracy Wilson is a goddess. I also think Tara will come into her own. I remember being struck by how articulate she was as a teen. They won't give her the hot seat for Olympics. Maybe some studio commentary. She needs to earn her stripes. The other person I'm waiting for to get seriously into commentary is Mike Weiss. Another articulate guy who is approachable. I fully expect it some day.

vCash
    I think Tara has potential with a little voice training and if she learns not to talk about herself. She can be very analytical, and I have found her explanations about what is and isn't working for a skater to be helpful and well-put. She and Johnny are also hilarious together with Peter playing a good foil. I also like Michael Weiss because his commentary is low- key and non-distracting. I could totally do without Scotty at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I wish wish wish they'd hire the Eurosport guys. They are awesome. In addition to having wonderful accents they don't gush excessively and they give helpful and concise commentary during the program. Also, they aren't overly biased a la Sandra and Scott. Anytime I can find a Eurosport YT video, that's the one I choose...
    I completely agree! They are by far my favorite commentators as they really do want the skaters to succeed. One of my favorite moments from watching the Eurosport livestream was when Ashley Wagner landed a jump after her random footwork fall and one of them shouted, "Atta girl!" So sweet.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Can I just nominate Dave and Jenny from The Skating Lesson? Informative AND snarky. Can it get any better?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Sorry to ask this : What did Tara commentate before ? I don't remember. :shame:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    I think Tara has potential with a little voice training and if she learns not to talk about herself. She can be very analytical, and I have found her explanations about what is and isn't working for a skater to be helpful and well-put. She and Johnny are also hilarious together with Peter playing a good foil. I also like Michael Weiss because his commentary is low- key and non-distracting. I could totally do without Scotty at this point.
    I agree with this statement. She talks about herself wayyyy too much but other than that, she does a good job.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Paul Wylie, please. No Tara.
    I second the Paul Wylie vote!!

vCash
    Agree with the previous two posts. I think Tara has a good announcing voice and she knows her skating and COP, but she's got to learn to get the "me, me, me" out of the commentary. And definitely Paul Wylie, he is GREAT in the booth!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Or doing an eeeeeasy double axel at the beginning, just to get her legs under her.
    ...or reminding us all how "blades don't like going sideways."

vCash
    Could we have Paul Wylie and Terry Gannon, please?
    Paul really understands CoP; and is able to explain it in a way that the viewer understands.

Terry has said how much he came to appreciate skating; and misses it.
    The sport misses him, as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Sorry to ask this : What did Tara commentate before ? I don't remember. :shame:
    A lot of gp events

vCash
    I agree Tara talks too much about herself, but her commentary is far more thoughtful than Scott's so between those two, I'd easily prefer Tara.

vCash
    I believe most of Paul's work was done post-event, so he knew the outcome of the elements and was able to prepare his analysis ahead of time. That's not to diminish his abilities, but I'm not sure he would excel in a live situation, which is both unpredictable and stressful. Trust me.

I agree Tracy Wilson is the best. She really knows her CoP.

I actually think Tara has potential. She just needs a little more practice. I like Jenny and Dave in what they do, but Dave's delivery in particular is not network tv. Again, not dissing, just speaking from experience.

I'm afraid we're stuck with Scott and Sandra and their bias. If I hear Scott say, "she has every quality you want in a ladies figure skater" one more time ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    If I hear Scott say, "she has every quality you want in a ladies figure skater" one more time ...
    I agree. Or "skates don't like to go sideways" or "you can't win the competition in the short program, but you can certainly lose it" or "nails it!" or "my heart hurts for her"

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    I'm afraid we're stuck with Scott and Sandra and their bias. If I hear Scott say, "she has every quality you want in a ladies figure skater" one more time ...
    I'm predicting we hear it at least 11 times by the time the Olympics is over.

vCash
    Don't forget "Her weakness is....she has none." and of course he will say over and over again, "It used to be in the old judging system that you can't win the gold medal in the short program but you can lose it."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123