Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1538

vCash
    Jesse, I don't know if you're interested in alternative medicine at all, but if you are, you might try a homeopathic remedy for pain management. Pass the link below along to a family member or friend who can go to the local health food store for you. It's not for everyone, I know, but sometimes it helps. I've had some good results with it for other conditions.

http://hpathy.com/cause-symptoms-treatment/cancer-pain/
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRocks View Post
    I'm very thankful that I got to know you at worlds last year -- you're an awesome guy!
    Jesse - Even though we've never met in person, because we've both been on FSU for so long, I feel like I know you in some way. I know that you're an incredibly positive person. I know that you're a very talented person. And I know that you're an exceptionally kind person. In fact, in all the posts you've made on this board, I can't think of a single time when you've ever said anything not nice about anyone. Can't even remember a snark about a costume!

I'm keeping you in my thoughts, and hoping and praying that you will find some relief from your pain.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    ((((Jesse))))
    Hoping that something can be done to make you more comfortable.

vCash
    {{{{Jesse}}}}
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Good morning Jesse. I hope this Thanksgiving brings you comfort and joy. Hugs.

vCash
    I'm so sorry to hear that you are having so much pain. Please consider asking for a palliative care consult - if possible. One of my friend's mother is currently in hospital, and the palliative care docs just have so much knowledge about pain control. It made a big difference for her mother, as it did for mine when she was in great pain. Pain control is so important in these situations.

vCash
    I'm on lots of pain meds. And I'm at home right now.. might go back to the hospital tomorrow, not sure yet.
    I do have a palliative care doctor... but I just think she's crazy. I absolutely hate whenever she comes into my room to talk to me.

I feel that the pain is caused more by the bed... sheets getting all wrinkled and bunched up, possibly me staying in one position too long, I dunno.

vCash
    (((Jesse))) I'm praying you have a peaceful night.

vCash
    laying in one position over time will absolutely put you in a lot of pain. That's why some hospital beds have the air compressors that change the support every time you move. It's amazing how much your muscles can hurt simply from laying for a long time. Maybe your mom can give you a massage, that was what helped me the most.

vCash
    Backspin, what are those air compressors exactly?

Jesse, you must be delirious from lack of food and sleep. (I mean that figuratively... for now... you don't show any signs of delirium yet!) For the sake of your worried friends at FSU, please at least drink some nutrition... and a lot of water. Please speak up about what you need, even to the loathsome doctors and nurses if they are the ones with the power to help you!

Praying that this night will be more peaceful for you, Jesse!

vCash
    Jesse, it's pretty late and hopefully you have already fallen asleep. If not, I hope you do, and get some restful sleep. Hugs.

vCash
    Hope you're getting a good sleep as I write this, Jesse.

Totally off topic, but I've always wondered... what does "Spazactaz" mean?
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    (((Jesse))) I hope you're managing to sleep, and that you'll wake up feeling a little more comfortable.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    http://www.medicalairmattress.com/

I found this website. There are all kinds of products, including mattress pads that go over an existing bed, not very expensive. It looks like what i had when i was in the hospital last year. When you move to a different position, the pump comes on & readjusts the support around you.

Here's another link with more info.
    http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disord...re_ulcers.aspx
    Last edited by backspin; 10-15-2013 at 02:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Please speak up about what you need, even to the loathsome doctors and nurses if they are the ones with the power to help you!
    She spoke for me.
    (((((Jesse)))))

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by backspin View Post
    http://www.medicalairmattress.com/

I found this website. There are all kinds of products, including mattress pads that go over an existing bed, not very expensive. It looks like what i had when i was in the hospital last year. When you move to a different position, the pump comes on & readjusts the support around you.

Here's another link with more info.
    http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disord...re_ulcers.aspx
    Thank you! Great info. I wonder if something of that sort could help. Jesse, have you tried anything like this?

vCash
    I had a bed like that in the hospital. It does move and reconfirm. But it takes some getting used to (fortunately, I didn't have to) and it does make noise.

vCash
    Jesse, can someone bring you a waffle foam piece or a sheepskin to put under your bottom sheet? I was in the hosp for 3 wks once & then on bed rest at home for weeks & both things helped me a lot.

vCash
    Jesse,

A lot of good ideas are floating through. I hope something works out for you and you are more comfortable. Wish you a good day.

vCash
    Hugs.

Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast