Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1538
    Beach Bum
    vCash
    I hope you are getting some sleep Jesse!

I can't tell you what to do because it is your decision entirely -- but I can tell you about my own experience with lung infections. I have asthma so if I get a cold/flu it gets down in my lungs, and I am prone to pneumonia if get that kind of infection. Earlier this year, I had bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia, a severe throat irritation, and a collapsed lung in the space of a month. I needed to cough to get it all moving out, but it burned and hurt to cough, and it was so painful to swallow that I could barely do it - the sore throat was worse than all the rest put together. I would sweat too, and my chest and ribs ached. The only thing that stopped the pain and burning was the antibiotics. The first one I took wasn't the right one so it took a couple of weeks for them to get it right so they could kick in, but I felt so much better when they did. I had some cough medicine that helped a little with the swallowing so I would take that, then the antibiotics. If you are in the hospital, could they do intravenous antibiotics for as long as you are there? You could change your mind when you feel well enough to go home. Just something to ask about.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Thinking of you Jesse! Hugs hugs hugs!

vCash
    Intravenous antibiotics are definitely worth considering if it's an option. That's the route they went with me last fall - not because I couldn't swallow but because I needed massive doses of stronger medication. I was able to go home even while on the intravenous. They had a nurse come to my house to change the bag of medication every 12 hours. There's no need to be in hospital if you really don't want to be just because you're on IV antibiotics. It's worth considering Jesse! The sweating may well be caused by fever which is your body's natural attempt at getting rid of the illness. I know how tiresome it is to always be having to deal with medication, medical staff and not feeling well. I've been there. Just try to work with your medical team and remember your goals are the same. I'm really pulling for you and hope that solutions that keep you comfortable and able to sleep will be found soon!

vCash
    Sending you my best wishes, Jesse. If there's anything at all that any of us can do to make things easier and more comfortable, please let us know. We're happy to help in any way we can.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Oh, and my friend who had throat problems from radiation when he had cancer - he loved fruit popsicles - especially lime ones. The cool helped with the swelling and the sweats, plus the fruit/lime gave him a better taste in his mouth. They also got a few calories into him without really having to swallow much.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Great idea Rob!! There are great ones out there made from real fruit & no added sugar, & they're delicious!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Oh, and my friend who had throat problems from radiation when he had cancer - he loved fruit popsicles - especially lime ones. The cool helped with the swelling and the sweats, plus the fruit/lime gave him a better taste in his mouth. They also got a few calories into him without really having to swallow much.
    This sounds so good! Worth trying, IMHO.

vCash
    How are you today our Jesse????

vCash
    Just suuuuuuuper tired again today. Tried until 7:30pm to sleep... no luck. Just cannot fall asleep! If I turn on my side I start sweating and that's basically where I have to be because when I'm awake is when I'm on my back!

I think we decided we won't go to Skate Canada. I think just the plane ride would be too much for me.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I'm sad to hear that, Jesse, but that's probably the right decision. Get yourself a little bit stronger and enjoy it on television. We'll miss you, and will wave to you...watch for us.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

Not summer :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    I'm sad to hear that, Jesse, but that's probably the right decision. Get yourself a little bit stronger and enjoy it on television. We'll miss you, and will wave to you...watch for us.
    I second those sentiments, Jesse, but like you, I'll be watching on TV. I hope you can get some sleep!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Jesse, I am so sorry that you won't get to go to SC. I do believe that you have made the right decision, but, it is a sorrowful one. I wish there was something I could say that would make things better. It breaks my heart that you are suffering so. I sincerely hope that you have someone acting as your advocate. I do not question your ability to make decisions. However, hospitals being what they are, you need someone to fight for you. I really hope you reconsider your decision to forgo antibiotics. Doctors do not prescribe them nonchalantly. Ask about different ways of administration, but please think about taking them. I don't know what else to say, but I will pray for you.

vCash
    Jesse -I am sorry you won't be able to go to Skate Canada. Huge bummer.

As far as pills and treatments. My vote (not that I have one) is you should do exactly what you want! I hope things get easier for you, and that the bad parts go quickly.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    I will be able to cancel the hotel... but will I be out of all that money for the plane flights and event tickets?

I just don't understand why I even need the antibiotics. Perhaps I'll discuss it with the doctor next time I see him though.. who knows when that will be.

vCash
    I would venture that the airlines might work with you because you have a medical reason for not going. Could you sell the event tickets on ebay maybe? Is there someone there who would be willing to make some calls on your behalf to the airline?

Even when you're in the hospital, you still don't see your doctor? Any doctor? You have the right to be able to ask questions & get answers. Tell someone you want to see him, it would be pretty appalling if he doesn't come!

vCash
    My mom's going to call both places tomorrow and see.

He works in the clinic and has his own appts and such... so he only comes to see me if he has a lot of free time.

vCash
    Jesse,

Although it's very disappointing, I believe this is the right decision (about SC) at this time. You can focus on getting better right now, enjoy watching SC on TV, and become more comfortable where you are. I hope you can see the doctor and get all your questions answered. I am sure the airlines will work with you because of the medical situation. They may ask for a doctor's certificate. Not sure how they do it now, since we are buying tickets on the internet these days.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    My mom's going to call both places tomorrow and see.

He works in the clinic and has his own appts and such... so he only comes to see me if he has a lot of free time.
    Jesse, you can ask the nurses to call him to come see you. You have rights. In fact, they should be printed and accessible to you as a patient.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    (((((((Jesse)))))))) take care and sorry you can't sleep.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Jesse, when was the last time you saw a doctor? This is unacceptable!

Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast