Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 1538
  1. #641
    Not summer :(
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    West of the 5th...
    Posts
    29,073
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    15471
    Sounds like you had a pretty decent day, Jesse! I hope you have a great weekend visiting with your family! {{{{hugs}}}}
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

  2. #642

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,547
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    6051
    Yeah, have a good weekend with family and Porki.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

  3. #643

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,273
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    43338
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    That nurse is gone for good.

    That's a relief! I am so glad to hear this! She just wasn't a good fit for this kind of work, IMO. I hope she can find a suitable job.

    I hope you sleep well tonight and have a better day tomorrow.

  4. #644

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,525
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4753
    Jessie, the notion that you were 'mental' or 'psycho' never occurred to me at all, and I think that is true for most who have posted in this thread. To the contrary, you've come across as very brave and steadfast in dealing with traumatizing circumstances.

    I don't think I would deal with your condition and your pain any near as well as you seem to be. And IMO there is no excuse for not giving a person all the pain relief they need when they suffering as you are. NO EXCUSE!! So what if the medication is addictive? Coming off of it in future will probably be easier than all that you are going through and enduring at the moment.

    And it's also understandable that you can't deal with the details of getting appropriate care and accessing needed resources. If your communication with managers does not produce the desired results, I hope that your friends, family, or even someone here on the board can be your advocate. You are understandably overwhelmed and can not be expected to deal with those details.

  5. #645
    Loving on babies!
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Twin heaven!
    Posts
    11,652
    vCash
    1570
    Rep Power
    15573
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post

    I don't think I would deal with your condition and your pain any near as well as you seem to be. And IMO there is no excuse for not giving a person all the pain relief they need when they suffering as you are. NO EXCUSE!! So what if the medication is addictive? Coming off of it in future will probably be easier than all that you are going through and enduring at the moment.
    Most narcotic pain medications depress respiratory effort. So unless you are flat out trying to euthanize someone, yes, there is a reason to not give a person all the pain relief they would want.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

  6. #646
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    16,820
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Most narcotic pain medications depress respiratory effort. So unless you are flat out trying to euthanize someone, yes, there is a reason to not give a person all the pain relief they would want.
    Kasey, I don't really understand paralysis. Based on Jesse saying that he is paralyzed from mid chest down, could there already be some compromise to respiratory effort? Could that be a reason why they are trying to keep narcotics at a minimum?

    Jesse, hope you are feeling better today.

  7. #647

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    12,858
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15965
    Jesse, good morning!
    I hope that your evening was restful; and that your day will be even better.

  8. #648
    aka IceSkate98
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,675
    vCash
    12575
    Rep Power
    41154
    The same here. Jesse, hoping this will be a good day for you. <3
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

  9. #649

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,273
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    43338
    Jesse, here is wishing you a good day.

  10. #650

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,969
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17392
    Top of the morning to you Jesse and wishing you a pain free day and hopefully a visit for your puppy!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

  11. #651

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,812
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1509
    Thanks guys. The first few weeks here I was fairly pain free.. but lately it seems to have come back a bit. This morning has been fairly bad... I don't know if it's just sleeping in the same position too long or what. That along with tapering off of one of my medications probably.

    My aunt and uncle are down visiting for the weekend again though so it should be a good one.

  12. #652

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    2,178
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4192
    So glad you have visitors, Jesse! Enjoy your time with them, and hoping the pain subsides again.



    O-

  13. #653
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,002
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi Jesse. Sorry to hear about the increased pain. I hope your *good* nurses can help you find a solution. Massages, maybe, if it is muscle pain? (Massages are good for anything IMO!)

    I hope the rest of today is decent. You will be able to check out V/M's competition soon on YT. D/W have a fantabulous SP (sorry).

  14. #654

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,273
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    43338
    Jesse, it's good that your uncle & aunt are visiting. As for the pain, hopefully the doctors/nurses will find a solution (now that you don't have to deal with 'that' nurse). I hope you feel more comfortable as the day goes on.

  15. #655
    Loving on babies!
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Twin heaven!
    Posts
    11,652
    vCash
    1570
    Rep Power
    15573
    Cruisin, yes, chest level and higher paralysis can cause respiratory depression; the higher the level, the more compromise, for sure. But I don't know that Jesse has that issue, since he's never mentioned oxygen use, trouble breathing, etc. My point was A) many times patients will not ever hit "pain free", no matter what they or others want or expect. It unfortunately just doesn't happen that way unless B) they are hospice and you are essentially euthanizing them with medication dosages and frequencies that are not compatible with sustaining life. Almost all narcotics can and will cause respiratory depression; can't tell you how many "rapid response" calls I've been to in the hospital of some young and basically healthy person in their 20s-40s who has received too much pain meds post-op and are breathing only 4 times a minute, or not oxygenating. The fact is, there are going to be limits on how much narcotic pain medication ANYONE can take; that's why I would suggest supplementing with other non-narcotic pain medications, like anti-inflammatories, tramadol, ketorolac, whatever; as well as non-pharmacological pain therapies such as massage, positioning, meditation, guided imagery, heat and cold, etc.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

  16. #656
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,870
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Cruisin, yes, chest level and higher paralysis can cause respiratory depression; the higher the level, the more compromise, for sure. But I don't know that Jesse has that issue, since he's never mentioned oxygen use, trouble breathing, etc. My point was A) many times patients will not ever hit "pain free", no matter what they or others want or expect. It unfortunately just doesn't happen that way unless B) they are hospice and you are essentially euthanizing them with medication dosages and frequencies that are not compatible with sustaining life. Almost all narcotics can and will cause respiratory depression; can't tell you how many "rapid response" calls I've been to in the hospital of some young and basically healthy person in their 20s-40s who has received too much pain meds post-op and are breathing only 4 times a minute, or not oxygenating. The fact is, there are going to be limits on how much narcotic pain medication ANYONE can take; that's why I would suggest supplementing with other non-narcotic pain medications, like anti-inflammatories, tramadol, ketorolac, whatever; as well as non-pharmacological pain therapies such as massage, positioning, meditation, guided imagery, heat and cold, etc.
    This is what I understand too, but I'm not a doctor. When a patient is hopped up on serious pain meds, they're sometimes not lucid at all. There has to be a balance.

    But even if Jesse was in a lot of pain, it certainly didn't warrant the nurse from telling him he needed mental help. That's an entirely separate issue.

  17. #657

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,969
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17392
    Have a good night Jesse and take care of yourself! Are you as anxious for the skating season to begin as I am? There is just something special about an Olympic year.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

  18. #658
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,002
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Good night, Jesse. I just watched MT/M win the pairs event in SLC. They were amazing and some of us Americans are plotting to steal them. Alas, Andrei Rogozine did not fare so well in men's.

    Sleep well. I hope you wake up without pain and have a great day with your family and little kween Porki.

  19. #659
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    neck deep & stuck fast
    Posts
    991
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Well, it's 1:19am, and i hope ypu're asleep! Had a quarrel with my boyfriend & can't sleep, so i'm up studying IJS info & watching youtube videos of skating....i have a student who i'll be helping put together a training plan & i'm making notes re what i want to discuss in a meeting tomorrow. I hope you're resting and pain free tomorrow!

  20. #660

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,273
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    43338
    Good night Jesse. I hope you sleep well and wake up rejuvenated.

Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •