Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Not summer :(
    vCash
    Sounds like you had a pretty decent day, Jesse! I hope you have a great weekend visiting with your family! {{{{hugs}}}}
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Yeah, have a good weekend with family and Porki.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    That nurse is gone for good.

That's a relief! I am so glad to hear this! She just wasn't a good fit for this kind of work, IMO. I hope she can find a suitable job.

I hope you sleep well tonight and have a better day tomorrow.

vCash
    Jessie, the notion that you were 'mental' or 'psycho' never occurred to me at all, and I think that is true for most who have posted in this thread. To the contrary, you've come across as very brave and steadfast in dealing with traumatizing circumstances.

I don't think I would deal with your condition and your pain any near as well as you seem to be. And IMO there is no excuse for not giving a person all the pain relief they need when they suffering as you are. NO EXCUSE!! So what if the medication is addictive? Coming off of it in future will probably be easier than all that you are going through and enduring at the moment.

And it's also understandable that you can't deal with the details of getting appropriate care and accessing needed resources. If your communication with managers does not produce the desired results, I hope that your friends, family, or even someone here on the board can be your advocate. You are understandably overwhelmed and can not be expected to deal with those details.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post

I don't think I would deal with your condition and your pain any near as well as you seem to be. And IMO there is no excuse for not giving a person all the pain relief they need when they suffering as you are. NO EXCUSE!! So what if the medication is addictive? Coming off of it in future will probably be easier than all that you are going through and enduring at the moment.
    Most narcotic pain medications depress respiratory effort. So unless you are flat out trying to euthanize someone, yes, there is a reason to not give a person all the pain relief they would want.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Most narcotic pain medications depress respiratory effort. So unless you are flat out trying to euthanize someone, yes, there is a reason to not give a person all the pain relief they would want.
    Kasey, I don't really understand paralysis. Based on Jesse saying that he is paralyzed from mid chest down, could there already be some compromise to respiratory effort? Could that be a reason why they are trying to keep narcotics at a minimum?

Jesse, hope you are feeling better today.

vCash
    Jesse, good morning!
    I hope that your evening was restful; and that your day will be even better.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    The same here. Jesse, hoping this will be a good day for you. <3
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Jesse, here is wishing you a good day.

vCash
    Top of the morning to you Jesse and wishing you a pain free day and hopefully a visit for your puppy!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Thanks guys. The first few weeks here I was fairly pain free.. but lately it seems to have come back a bit. This morning has been fairly bad... I don't know if it's just sleeping in the same position too long or what. That along with tapering off of one of my medications probably.

My aunt and uncle are down visiting for the weekend again though so it should be a good one.

vCash
    So glad you have visitors, Jesse! Enjoy your time with them, and hoping the pain subsides again.

O-

vCash
    Hi Jesse. Sorry to hear about the increased pain. I hope your *good* nurses can help you find a solution. Massages, maybe, if it is muscle pain? (Massages are good for anything IMO!)

I hope the rest of today is decent. You will be able to check out V/M's competition soon on YT. D/W have a fantabulous SP (sorry).

vCash
    Jesse, it's good that your uncle & aunt are visiting. As for the pain, hopefully the doctors/nurses will find a solution (now that you don't have to deal with 'that' nurse). I hope you feel more comfortable as the day goes on.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Cruisin, yes, chest level and higher paralysis can cause respiratory depression; the higher the level, the more compromise, for sure. But I don't know that Jesse has that issue, since he's never mentioned oxygen use, trouble breathing, etc. My point was A) many times patients will not ever hit "pain free", no matter what they or others want or expect. It unfortunately just doesn't happen that way unless B) they are hospice and you are essentially euthanizing them with medication dosages and frequencies that are not compatible with sustaining life. Almost all narcotics can and will cause respiratory depression; can't tell you how many "rapid response" calls I've been to in the hospital of some young and basically healthy person in their 20s-40s who has received too much pain meds post-op and are breathing only 4 times a minute, or not oxygenating. The fact is, there are going to be limits on how much narcotic pain medication ANYONE can take; that's why I would suggest supplementing with other non-narcotic pain medications, like anti-inflammatories, tramadol, ketorolac, whatever; as well as non-pharmacological pain therapies such as massage, positioning, meditation, guided imagery, heat and cold, etc.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Cruisin, yes, chest level and higher paralysis can cause respiratory depression; the higher the level, the more compromise, for sure. But I don't know that Jesse has that issue, since he's never mentioned oxygen use, trouble breathing, etc. My point was A) many times patients will not ever hit "pain free", no matter what they or others want or expect. It unfortunately just doesn't happen that way unless B) they are hospice and you are essentially euthanizing them with medication dosages and frequencies that are not compatible with sustaining life. Almost all narcotics can and will cause respiratory depression; can't tell you how many "rapid response" calls I've been to in the hospital of some young and basically healthy person in their 20s-40s who has received too much pain meds post-op and are breathing only 4 times a minute, or not oxygenating. The fact is, there are going to be limits on how much narcotic pain medication ANYONE can take; that's why I would suggest supplementing with other non-narcotic pain medications, like anti-inflammatories, tramadol, ketorolac, whatever; as well as non-pharmacological pain therapies such as massage, positioning, meditation, guided imagery, heat and cold, etc.
    This is what I understand too, but I'm not a doctor. When a patient is hopped up on serious pain meds, they're sometimes not lucid at all. There has to be a balance.

But even if Jesse was in a lot of pain, it certainly didn't warrant the nurse from telling him he needed mental help. That's an entirely separate issue.

vCash
    Have a good night Jesse and take care of yourself! Are you as anxious for the skating season to begin as I am? There is just something special about an Olympic year.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Good night, Jesse. I just watched MT/M win the pairs event in SLC. They were amazing and some of us Americans are plotting to steal them. Alas, Andrei Rogozine did not fare so well in men's.

Sleep well. I hope you wake up without pain and have a great day with your family and little kween Porki.

vCash
    Well, it's 1:19am, and i hope ypu're asleep! Had a quarrel with my boyfriend & can't sleep, so i'm up studying IJS info & watching youtube videos of skating....i have a student who i'll be helping put together a training plan & i'm making notes re what i want to discuss in a meeting tomorrow. I hope you're resting and pain free tomorrow!

vCash
    Good night Jesse. I hope you sleep well and wake up rejuvenated.

Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast