Page 30 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    (((Jesse))) I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I hope something can be done to make you more comfortable.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

vCash
    Vent and rant away Spaz! Let it all out if that is what will make you feel better. We are here to listen and cheer you on.

vCash
    (((((Jesse)))))
    You are not crazy.

Kasey, thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

vCash
    Jesse, this is your safe place to rant. If you're getting pm's from people who don't like that, just block them. They don't have to come and read this thread. Most of us here are happy to listen and try to support you as much as we can from afar.

Taking day passes while the nurse you don't enjoy is on duty is a great solution. Do that as often as you can. The lazyboy at home has got to be preferable to a situation that causes you so much anxiety and if the pain patches are every 48 hours, hopefully that can be timed to be done by your night nurse.

It's awesome that Kasey has come on with some good, informed suggestions for you. It must be very scary to try to navigate this mostly on your own. Know that you're in all our thoughts and we all want the best for you - and the majority of us want to keep hearing from you so please don't feel like you can't post. Say what you want to say. Block those who give you grief. You're the important one in all of this and it's your thread!

Enjoy your day at home today - and I'm hoping it's as peaceful and pain free as possible.

vCash
    Good morning Jesse. I hope you slept well. Enjoy your day at home.

vCash
    Jesse, I can only speak for myself, but I don't think you're crazy. I've had my share of health challenges, and I can tell you that you are brave beyond belief. It is so difficult to deal with constant pain. Nothing is as difficult as that. I do hope the nurses and doctors can come up with a regimen that works for you. Don't stop advising them of your comfort/discomfort level though. Keep on them until they get it right.

((( Hugs ))))

O-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfbg722 View Post
    Say what you want to say. Block those who give you grief. You're the important one in all of this and it's your thread!

Enjoy your day at home today - and I'm hoping it's as peaceful and pain free as possible.
    THIS.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    There is only one nurse on for the 12 hour shifts each day... so I am stuck with her. I'll be leaving the hospital tomorrow during that time so I don't have to be abused again.
    From messages I've been getting... a lot of you here think I am crazy as well, and contradicting things I say? This isn't the case.. I don't know why it came off that way. After the manager was contacted as well as the doctor for her refusing my pain meds, he put in the order and after that is when she had to come in and change my pain patches. And yes, most of my posts here are where I just need to rant and vent so maybe you're not hearing the good but several of the nurses are great and treat me very well! I don't feel any need to post about that though because I'm so overwhelmed by the few who are absolutely horrible... and that's what I feel the need to get off my chest. Now I feel awkward posting about any of it because I am told people here are thinking I'm a wacko or something... I do have tumors and am on medications etc but I swear I haven't lost my mind yet. :p
    No, you have not. Your posts are still coherent. We understand that you're frightened and overwhelmed by the entire experience. Post what ever you want. Most people here can't physically help you, but they are more than willing to offer emotional support. I've worked in hospitals many years and know it can be very frightening even with minor illnesses. Yours isn't minor. Ask questions here if you feel comfortable doing so. There are several of us who are medical professionals and will try to answer them as best we can so you can in turn ask your caregivers. We can't make diagnoses from afar or comment on your care plan, but we can explain some procedures if that would help you understand what is happening. Oftentimes, people are so overwhelmed, they simply don't know what to ask. So, feel free to post whatever you wish even if it's just wanting someone to acknowledge your pain.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Thanks everyone.
    Today is MUCH better.. woke up without that awful pain! And guess what... the nurse from yesterday didn't show up to work today!! LOL. So I'm not in a rush to leave the hospital at the moment. The manager has also been here to talk to me again and wrote down everything I had to say so if the nurse returns it'll be communicated to her.

vCash
    EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very happy for you, Jesse! Enjoy your Nurse Ratched-free day!

ETA: "If the nurse returns"?? Cool.

vCash
    Has Porki been to visit you recently?!

Quadless
    vCash
    Jesse - I'm so glad to read that your day is going better. May it continue that way.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Glad you're feeling better! I hope the nursing treatment will work well for you from now on.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    I am so happy today has been a better day. It is so scary relying on others. Just remember we are here to support you...so when you need it...rant away!!
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    Hurrah for no pain, and for people listening to you!! Have a nice peaceful day, and enjoy your puppy if you do go home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    Thanks everyone.
    Today is MUCH better.. woke up without that awful pain! And guess what... the nurse from yesterday didn't show up to work today!! LOL. So I'm not in a rush to leave the hospital at the moment. The manager has also been here to talk to me again and wrote down everything I had to say so if the nurse returns it'll be communicated to her.
    Excellent! Good to hear your day is going well. It will be nice to see Porki too!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Glad the pain is better for you, Spaz.

vCash
    BTW, I just realized that you are a musician too, Jesse. This is beautiful!! No wonder your skating is so artistic.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6iL_L9kw_d0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    BTW, I just realized that you are a musician too, Jesse. This is beautiful!! No wonder your skating is so artistic.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6iL_L9kw_d0
    Wow! That was beautiful. Jesse is so talented!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    No, you have not. Your posts are still coherent. We understand that you're frightened and overwhelmed by the entire experience. Post what ever you want. Most people here can't physically help you, but they are more than willing to offer emotional support. I've worked in hospitals many years and know it can be very frightening even with minor illnesses. Yours isn't minor. Ask questions here if you feel comfortable doing so. There are several of us who are medical professionals and will try to answer them as best we can so you can in turn ask your caregivers. We can't make diagnoses from afar or comment on your care plan, but we can explain some procedures if that would help you understand what is happening. Oftentimes, people are so overwhelmed, they simply don't know what to ask. So, feel free to post whatever you wish even if it's just wanting someone to acknowledge your pain.
    THIS- Jesse our skating comunity is about SO much more than the ice.... i look for your updates daily and as pp mentioned wish i was closer so that i could help you more- hang in there

Page 30 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast