Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

vCash
    Spaz... Porki is sooo cute. I feel like giving Porki a big kiss.

Sorry to hear about you not being able to turn. Yes, when you are dependent on others, it's not easy. Be positive. Talk to someone and I hope it will work out better and more comfortable for you.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I just melted!

Keep hangin' in there, Jesse.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Jesse, add me to the Porki fan club. She looks like one who could get very pissed if she doesn't get to see her man.

I have a medical question for you. Was coming to the US for treatment ever considered? Our doctors do miracles every day here, including for international patients. I don't know if it could be arranged, but the first Q is whether you would want it.

Perhaps anyone with expertise or interest in this might PM me instead of bothering Jesse? Use your judgment.

Hope today is going well for you, Jesse. Maybe you could think of your nurses as skating partners. I know you are used to heavy lifting, LOL... and you do it so gracefully!

vCash
    No I've never really considered the US.. except for I guess when people suggested alternative therapies I guess. I just don't know where to start... there are a million places said to be the best etc.

I am going home on a day pass for the day!!! Hopefully it goes well.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Spaz, that is wonderful! Hoping everything goes well!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Hope all goes well on your visit home Spaz and hope Porki doesn't keep you all to herself! LOL
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    I am going home on a day pass for the day!!! Hopefully it goes well.

vCash
    Enjoy your day at home!

vCash
    Jesse, have a great day at home! When you get a chance:

Here is a US hospital that has pioneered surgery for inoperable skull base tumors.
    http://www.upmc.com/Services/neurosu...s/default.aspx

They specifically list adenoid cystic carcinoma as one of the conditions they use it for. http://www.upmc.com/Services/neurosu...carcinoma.aspx
    And they have a Global Care Dept. to work with international patients. If you would want to see if this might help you, I was told by a nurse in the Neurosurgery Dept. that the way to start would be to send your records and films ASAP to:

Dr. Carl Snyderman
    UPMC Eye & Ear Hospital
    200 Lothrop St, Suite 300
    Pittsburgh, PA 15213
    US tel: 01-412-647-2100

NOTE: The films cannot be faxed, they are too big - they must be sent by UPS.
    The tel. no. for the Global Care Dept (you or your health team could talk to them about insurance, etc.): 01-877-320-8762.

Please note: I am not a health care expert or professional, only a concerned person... but long ago I was a member of the AIDS activist group ACT UP, where I learned the importance of using your own intelligence and determination to press the health care system for solutions.

ETA: Cruisin, could you make room in your mailbox?
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 08-29-2013 at 06:48 PM.

vCash
    Spun Silver, you are a wonderful person.

Jesse, we are all hoping for the best for you. Enjoy your day at home.

vCash
    Aw, shucks. Thank you! But let's keep the focus on Jesse!

vCash
    Double post
    Last edited by iloveemoticons; 08-29-2013 at 07:47 PM.

vCash
    Wow, excellent information Spun Silver! Jessie, hope you enjoy home and give Porki lots o hugs and kisses!

vCash
    Spun silver, you are amazing! I hope Jesse can get some help there.

Jesse, hope your day at home was wonderful. Hope you have a very wet face from all of your doggie's kisses! XOXO!

vCash
    Hmm.. that seems very interesting. Here my doctor has always told me that surgery is not an option because of the spreading to the brain. So all that I've been able to get is radiation. They haven't done an MRI of my head/neck in soooooooooooooooooooooo long I don't even know what's going on in that area. They've just been so focused on the spreading to my back/bones.

I am currently sitting in my LaZBoy at home. My aunt/uncle from 5 hours away arrived for the weekend, yayyy. Unsure when I'll return to the hospital tonight. Getting from my wheelchair to the chair was verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry difficult with just my dad trying to lift me.. but now that I'm here it's been nice!

vCash
    So glad you've had a nice day in your LaZBoy Jesse! Your dad will have help with your aunt and uncle so that's good! Take your time making your way back to the hospital. I'm sure your mental health will be much improved with time at home!

vCash
    Jesse, I hope that you can pursue the information that Spun Silver found for you. I strongly recommend a second opinion. Someone who has not seen you and is not affiliated with the doctors you are presently seeing. Give the information to your father, maybe he can help you contact the person linked.

Wanted to add that some of the absolute best doctors and hospitals are in Pittsburgh. Please look into this!
    Last edited by cruisin; 08-30-2013 at 02:02 AM.

Quadless
    vCash
    Jesse - I'm so glad you were able to get a break from the hospital; there is truly no place like home. A recliner sounds awfully nice right now, too - I'm jealous.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Jesse,

I agree with Cruisin. It's too much for you to deal with. It will be great if you could get a family member like your father help you with this, or may be some friends could do some of the work so he doesn't have to do everything either? It must be so hard for your parents, but I am sure they will want to help if you just make it known to them.

In the meantime, it's good to hear that you were able to spend some time at home. I am sure those energies helped you.

vCash
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast