Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

vCash
    (((Sparzactac)))) Stay positive and take care. Good to hear you are keeping well.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Hopefully Porki the Yorkiepom will licking your neck any moment now. She must miss you.

I pray that in this smaller hospital the staff will be more attentive and eager to help. Caring for cancer patients may be difficult for some of them too, so perhaps you can support one another, even if only with a smile or a word.

vCash
    Okay, Jesse, now it's time for some serious...PORKI LOVE!!!

vCash
    It sounds like you are more comfortable, at least in terms of your surroundings. I hope the nurses are driving you insane because they're looking out for you, not because they're bad!

I'm glad you're getting food brought to you...eating foods you enjoy is always a good thing!

((((hugs))))
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Hoping you have a new nurse today and that she/he is amazingly nice to you

vCash
    Jesse, I hope that the adjustment to your new surroundings is going well; and that all connected with your care and treatment is improving.
    Sending every good thought your way,

Quadless
    vCash
    Glad your transfer went well, and I hope you're settling in and more comfortable. And let us know if you want us to have a pizza delivered to your room.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Hugs from Yankeeland. May Porki the Yorkipom give you as much love and comfort as my doggies do!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Hi Jesse, hope all is going well today. Hope you are getting eat all of your favorite foods and that you got to see your Porkie! XOXO

vCash
    I hope you've been able to see Porki by now, Jesse.

vCash
    Jesse, I hope you are having a good day and the nurses are kind to you. I hope you got to see your puppy.

vCash
    My parents brought Porki in yesterday for a bit.
    It's just soooooo different here. The nurses don't seem to know what they're supposed to do with me like they did in Calgary.. I am supposed to be turned all the time so as to not get pressure sores etc.. I don't know if they weren't told anything or what. They haven't done my vitals even once here.. where as there they were bombarding me taking me blood pressure so much etc. There's only like one nurse on at a time here so it does still take forever for them to come when I call also.

vCash
    {{{{Jesse}}}} When you get the opportunity, ask them about the orders they were given when you were transferred. It's likely your nurses in Calgary were specialized, and not as likely in Fort Macleod (or any small town in AB, for that matter!). I assume there's been a local doctor assigned to you there; wouldn't hurt to air your concerns with her/him as well.

I hope you get answers -- and turned -- very soon!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    My parents brought Porki in yesterday for a bit.
    It's just soooooo different here. The nurses don't seem to know what they're supposed to do with me like they did in Calgary.. I am supposed to be turned all the time so as to not get pressure sores etc.. I don't know if they weren't told anything or what. They haven't done my vitals even once here.. where as there they were bombarding me taking me blood pressure so much etc. There's only like one nurse on at a time here so it does still take forever for them to come when I call also.
    I haven't chimed in until now. My prayers and hopes are with you. You have guite a fight on your hands and I hope you are able to get all the help you need.

I'm thinking you want to be as independent and responsible as you can. However, you really need a family member or a friend to be with you as much as possible - to be an advocate for you. If a friend can stay at night - they can advocate better care for you. If a family member is there during the day - they can work with the doctors and nurses to get the proper procedures in place. I mean it when I say you need help to fight this fight - and not just medical help. Please consider asking family and friends to consider taking turns being with you for longer periods of time and have them advocate on your behalf.

Best of all blessings to you.

vCash
    ^^^
    Seconding this important advice, Jesse.

vCash
    A third here. It is not a good thing to be very sick and in the grip of the medical system without an advocate. I hope they do better by you tonight, Jesse. Your situation is difficult enough without this insensitivity and ignorance.

Prayers for a soothing night!

vCash
    Jesse, do you need me to come up there and kick some ass?

Hope you're having a good one.

vCash
    So sorry to hear that you don't feel you're receiving the care you need Jesse! I second the advice that if possible, have family members and friends take shifts to stay with you. You're likely to get better care if you have someone with you who can go find a nurse when you're in need and to advocate for you.

I've seen this many times. Once my daughter was in the hospital and there was a young baby in the bed beside her. The baby's parents couldn't be there round the clock as I was with my daughter. When the food trays would come, I wanted to feed the baby as there was nobody to help her but I was forbidden for "insurance purposes". It broke my heart!

I really wish I lived nearby - I would absolutely come and kick some nurse butt for you! The sad thing is, I think the healthcare system is so strapped that nurses are coping with huge case loads and so many patients are not looked after as well as they should be. I really hope your situation turns around! Is there anything that can be done so that you can have homecare? Perhaps that would be a better solution for you.

vCash
    There will be some sort of homecare thing in place for when I get home... but it seems like it will be extremely minimal. Before I was admitted, it was once per week.. and she was there for maybe half hour? Once I go home this time I heard it will be a bit more frequent but right now I just don't know how it will be possible to work out.

vCash
    (((Jesse))) I hope things improve for you. Sleep well tonight.

Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast