Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

vCash
    Jesse, can you return the hospital bed at home and get one that works better? if it is new and you have only slept in it a few times.... It's a shame to go home and be unable to sleep!

ETA: Or is there anything that could be done with pillows or mattresses to make it better? A good pillow or pillows makes a big difference ... but you have to try a lot of them before finding one that works for you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    What case manager or service providers? I'm so confused lol.
    From what I can see on the AB Health website, it looks like you should have been assigned a Cancer Patient Navigator at some point:

Cancer Patient Navigators support clients and their families by:

•providing accurate information for patients so they can make informed decisions about their next steps
    •helping patients prepare for tests and cancer treatments by explaining test results and treatment choices or by referring patients to other resources or services
    •improving coordination of care by working with other health care professionals
    •helping patients prepare for medical visits by explaining ahead of time what to expect
    •helping patients access financial resources and community supports
    Did this happen?
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    ^^^
    I'm glad to know that this is available, Jesse.
    If you haven't received these services, find out why, ASAP!

vCash
    I don't have any social worker. I still don't understand how that would have anything to do with a personal trip I have planned to a skating competition though?

My internet situation... bahhhhhh!! They have absolutely NOTHING at the hospital. My uncle got me a 3G stick... which had 500 mb, which I exceeded SUPER quickly, and that was without watching ANY videos... basically just email, fsu, etc. I don't want to cost him a fortune so I try not to do a lot on it. So at home is the only time I really get to do much online.

I'm not sure if anything can be done about this bed. It's not even the right mattress... so hopefully the air mattress that they ordered will be coming. But it's the entire bed in general that is just horrible so I will ask when the lady ever comes.

And no I didn't receive one of those people.

vCash
    Spaz, does the hospital have free local calls? If so you can do a dial up with a local number. I spent 3 weeks in a hospital and that's what I did. If your just going on FB and here it works great!
    You should be assigned a social worker or advocate. They are suppose to help you deal with your situation. I would request a visit. If no one will help you (and for bad nursing), pick up your room phone and dial 0. Ask the operator to page the nursing super.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    I don't have any social worker. I still don't understand how that would have anything to do with a personal trip I have planned to a skating competition though?

My internet situation... bahhhhhh!! They have absolutely NOTHING at the hospital. My uncle got me a 3G stick... which had 500 mb, which I exceeded SUPER quickly, and that was without watching ANY videos... basically just email, fsu, etc. I don't want to cost him a fortune so I try not to do a lot on it. So at home is the only time I really get to do much online.

I'm not sure if anything can be done about this bed. It's not even the right mattress... so hopefully the air mattress that they ordered will be coming. But it's the entire bed in general that is just horrible so I will ask when the lady ever comes.

And no I didn't receive one of those people.
    No, the Cancer Patient Navigator won’t help you figure out how to get to Skate Canada. But what he/she will do (hopefully!) is help get the right equipment and services/supports in place so you can go home ASAP. It looks like the closest cancer facility is in Lethbridge – the Jack Ady Cancer Centre. Their number is 403-327-6840. Have a family member call (or call yourself if you can) and explain your situation and see what they have to offer. If they can’t help you, they should be able to refer you to an agency who can.

As far getting to Saint John goes, once you get settled in at home, maybe you can look for a travel agent with some experience in helping disabled people travel? Possibly the airlines might have some helpful info too.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    It sure would help to have someone help "navigate" the health care system.
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 09-08-2013 at 06:48 AM. Reason: removed bad info

vCash
    Jesse's in Fort Macleod, closer to Lethbridge than Medicine Hat.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Jesse, you should have a team of people.; beginning with that specially trained social worker, to facilitate the services you need to live as you choose - and to do the things you want ti do.
    Please, ask questions about why those things have not been made available in your case, ASAP.

vCash
    I do have free local calling. I don't think my laptop has a phone jack though... and my 3G stick is probably wayyyyy better than dial-up would be anyway haha.

I think all the different terms here are just being confused or something. There was an occupational therapist involved in getting me equipment at home. I don't know why they're having such issues with it though. My wheelchair STILL hasn't even arrived when it was promised last Wednesday at the latest.

I really just do not want to deal with any of that though. I don't like asking any questions or talking to anyone. I woke up today in more pain than evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver.. I always need to deal with stuff like this it seems and not anything else.

vCash
    Ugh, I'm very sorry to hear you're in pain! I hope it's being dealt with and that you are feeling better soon. I'm so sorry this is all happening to you; I can't imagine how frustrating and infuriating it must be. (((spaz)))

vCash
    : I'm sorry today has been so rotten and that so many balls have been dropped in your care. Hoping and praying it gets better. Anyone who provides less than excellent care should be forced to wear the Ken helmet hair.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Pain pain go away, don't come another day (either)

vCash
    ((((((((Spaz)))))))) So sorry about your pain and hope your wheelchair arrives SOON!

vCash
    Praying for relief for you, Spaz. *hugs*
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    (((Spaz))) You were on my mind many times today. I'm praying for relief from pain, comfort and peace for you.

vCash
    Many, many hugs for you (((((Jesse)))))

vCash
    Adding even more prayers and support, Jesse.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    As alway...thinking and sending healing vibes your way. I hope today is a good one!
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    I hope today finds you more comfortable, Jesse.

Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast