Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Please know that you can absolutely refuse treatment from a specific personnel at any time, ask for a specific nurse or doctor not to treat you again, and request a different one. Your hospital should have a patient advocacy department to help you deal with things like this.
    Vesperholly is 100% right. I hope you finally got the attention of the nurses, Jesse. I'm sure you will be happy to be home!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    I've been calling for help for over 2 hours now and my nurse just won't come. This sucks so bad.
    That is really awful, Spaz - I am so sorry. Do you have a patient advocate on your team? If not, could you ask to speak to the nursing supervisor? Or if you don't want to deal with it, maybe your parents or another family member could take the issue so that you can focus on trying to get some rest.

I sincerely hope today is a better day, and that tomorrow you will be transferred to your hometown. ((((((hugs))))))
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Please know that you can absolutely refuse treatment from a specific personnel at any time, ask for a specific nurse or doctor not to treat you again, and request a different one. Your hospital should have a patient advocacy department to help you deal with things like this.

Hang in there, Jesse.
    This!

Jesse, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that level of insensitivity. I hope it gets better. I don't know if you mentioned this already, but how did you wind up in a hospital so far from home? Do they provide a service your local one doesn't? Are you there for a doctor that has privileges? I hope you can work out your wifi issues and can connect to the internet. We "mother hens" () like to know how you are doing and want to send our love and support.

vCash
    Prayers and thoughts for you, Jesse.

I hope today is a better day.

vCash
    Jesse, please contact the hospital/nursing administration about the person who treated you inappropriately -- causing you even more pain.
    "Caregivers" who behave that way have no place in the profession and need to be removed before they hurt someone else.

We "mother hens" () like to know how you are doing and want to send our love and support.
    Amen, to this!

vCash
    {{{{Jesse}}}} I'm sorry you had such crappy care yesterday. I hope today is better and that when you get home it will be even better still!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

INTJ
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    This!

Jesse, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that level of insensitivity. I hope it gets better. I don't know if you mentioned this already, but how did you wind up in a hospital so far from home? Do they provide a service your local one doesn't? Are you there for a doctor that has privileges? I hope you can work out your wifi issues and can connect to the internet. We "mother hens" () like to know how you are doing and want to send our love and support.
    Jesse lives in a small town (3,000 people). I'm assuming that Calgary is the nearest place that does radiation treatment. It's unusual to have a hospital that provides radiation treatment outside of a big city.
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

vCash
    Does anyone live near enough to Calgary to go stomp on that nurse's toes?? GRRRRRRR!!!!

I'm very sorry that your day & night were so awful Jesse, and hope that today will bring you some relief and rest!

vCash
    I rang my call bell so many times just asking for ANYBODY to help me... but they just kept saying they were short staffed etc. It must have been 3 hours before anyone came. And then they left me without saying anything for another hour. Apparently there were only 2 of them on the ENTIRE unit last night? I can't really believe that... for like 50 patients or something? There's no way.

But yeah this is the nearest city that offers my radiation treatments, that's why I'm so far away.
    If I could just walk up to the desk and ask to talk to people etc I would... but it makes everything so much more difficult when I'm bed ridden I feel like I have no way to do any of those things... or the energy haha.

vCash
    When you talk to the administrators, be sure to tell them that your calls for help were ignored.
    "Short-staffing" is no excuse for that.

vCash
    (((Jesse))) I am so sorry you are suffering so much because of an insufficiently staffed hospital, and an uncaring nurse. It's insane to leave a bed ridden cancer patient without a quick response. I hope things improve for you.

I think you wrote in one of your earlier posts that you were almost done with the radiation treatments (I heard they are very difficult). I hope it means you never have to go back to that hospital again.

I am wondering -how often do you get to see the doctors? Next time you see them, please let them know what your have had to endure. I am so sorry to hear you are suffering and not receiving the care you need. Things are bound to improve soon.

Is Friday your day to move closer to home? I really hope so. In the meantime please try to get as much rest as you can. I hope you can get some undisturbed sleep also. We are all thinking of you and sending you good vibes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    Jesse lives in a small town (3,000 people). I'm assuming that Calgary is the nearest place that does radiation treatment. It's unusual to have a hospital that provides radiation treatment outside of a big city.

But yeah this is the nearest city that offers my radiation treatments, that's why I'm so far away.
    Thank you for explaining. I thought it might be something like that, but did not want to assume.

Jesse, again, I am so sorry for your poor treatment. It is inexcusable on the part of the nurses and on the part of the hospital to put the nurses in a situation where someone as ill as you are would be ignored. You do need to tell your case worker. Hopefully, today will go better and tomorrow you are out of there. More XOXOs.

vCash
    Jesse, Perhaps you can try to talk to someone during the day about the miserable night shift so there is not a repeat of last night? Thank heavens you are leaving this badly managed hospital! I hope you finally managed to get some decent sleep. Do you or will you have plenty of music?

May your last afternoon and evening in Heartbreak Hospital go swiftly and peacefully.

vCash
    I just wanted to mention that it is not unusual for care to be a little less attentive in big city hospitals. When my Mom had her aortic stent put in, she was in a huge city hospital. She got good care, but not what she would have gotten in a smaller less factory like hospital. We had no choice but to take her there, however, as they were the only hospital where thoracic stents were done through the groin.

Not saying that the nurses are not generally as caring and competent in city hospitals, but insufficient staffing can be a problem.

vCash
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Spaz}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

miserable f*cking nurses

Jesse, will your address change when you move?
    Boi Bumba!!!

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    Jesse, I wish I lived close enough to go grab a nurse or two and frog march them in to help you. It's really sad that you can't get relief when you need it. I hope today is a good day for you and tomorrow an even better one. A big hug to you.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

vCash
    Today I've had the 2 worst nurses during my entire 10 days here so far. I fought with this older male one the entire time... and kept telling him to STOP moving me without even telling me etc.. because that's what sends me into excruciating pain, but he just wouldn't stop.. he was soooooooooo rude. And now I have another absolutely terrible one. I just can't handle being so frustrated all the time ahhhhhhhh /rant.

And no worries Kim about updating for me.
    BittyBug your flowers are awesome! <3 No idea what to expect of the hospital at home but I just hope it's anything better than this!
    Thank you allll!

ETA - I may not have internet after tonight.. it expires at midnight, so depending on if the volunteers are around tomorrow to get me a new username/password that may be why there's no other replies from me for a while!
    Do you have anyone who can become your advocate? And by that I mean a nag. Someone who will run those people ragged. Complain for you, hound them, make them do what they're supposed to. Don't be scared to do it, that's how you get results in these situations. I feel your frustration, I've seen it myself and had to do the nagging for friends/family. No one likes doing it, but dayum........
    Gone crazy. Be back soon.

vCash
    Deleted post
    Last edited by Vash01; 08-22-2013 at 10:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BYTCH View Post
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Spaz}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

miserable f*cking nurses

Jesse, will your address change when you move?
    His address in Fort Macleod will stay the same...that's his home address.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    I see the doctors pretty much everyday. I didn't really say anything to them about it though. Unfortunately I got stuck with that same horrible nurse as I had last night again right now... hopefully tonight goes better. I am going to ask her why she never returned in one minute like she promised last night.. and just left me stranded.

Ambulance is apparently booked at 10am to transfer me tomorrow! And yes the address will be the same.. I'll actually be in my home town. The only thing that sucks is I'll probably have way less visitors there.. most of my friends are actually here in Calgary haha. But family will be there which will be easier/nicer for them!

Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast