Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

vCash
    Two more days and then you'll be closer to home, family, friends and your puppy! I hope the transport happens with a minimum of pain and having all your loved ones with you brings you more rest and comfort.

vCash
    ((((Jesse))))
    Seconding the above post.

vCash
    Good morning, Jesse. I hope you had a restful night. I hope you have a better day than yesterday.

Hugs.

vCash
    Yeah the tentative plan is to send me via ambulance on Friday to the hospital back home.
    I've just still been soooo exhausted. Physio kills me. For some reason I can't sleep either. The pain has been a bit better. Today is my last radiation treatment!! It will be my 53rd total I believe... insane!
    Thanks again for all the continued awesome support! <3

vCash
    You are more than welcome, Jesse.
    I wish that I could do more.

vCash
    Something you mentioned in your first post caught my attention: "The doctor says I have "months" to live." Well I say, don't accept this! As I've come to learn all too well in my own life, doctors most definitely are not Gods. For example, thirty years ago, when I was twenty-nine, a doctor solemnly announced that I would need a Pacemaker within three years. Thirty years later, no pacemaker, and my heart is fine. (As for my mind...well, that's another story! )

I've also heard countless stories throughout my life of very ill people who had "only months to live," but who recovered and went on to live full, long lives.

For example, I know of a lady who suffered a massive stroke at age thirty-two. Her prognosis was grim. However -- she DID recover, and went on to live a completely normal life, only finally passing away fifty-nine years later, at age NINETY-ONE.

My hope for you, then, backed up by the very real possibility, is that you will be posting on FSU about the ISU (Interplanetary Skating Union) near the end of this century.

Warmest wishes,
    Rick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    Yeah the tentative plan is to send me via ambulance on Friday to the hospital back home.
    I've just still been soooo exhausted. Physio kills me. For some reason I can't sleep either. The pain has been a bit better. Today is my last radiation treatment!! It will be my 53rd total I believe... insane!
    for the end of radiation!

Hate that feeling of being exhausted and yet not able to sleep (of course, it's hard to sleep in a hospital, so. . . . ). Hoping the move is smooth and you'll continue to feel less pain and enjoy friends and family more.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I hope you didn't mind me updating your worried "mother hens' upthread, Jesse, but I'm sure there are times you just get tired of talking about it, and I know you need to rest....you have a birthday party to plan, donchaknow?
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    Sleeping in hospitals is next to impossible. I spent a lot of time in one myself over the past fall/winter and everything from the awful plastic mattresses, to nurses coming to check on me, to other patients kept me from sleeping. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that they kick you out of your home town hospital really quickly because I'm sure your own home is where you'll rest the best!

It's either a very big ice rink, or there's a lake under there.
    vCash
    Hello Jesse, Thank you for posting again today. Good to hear from you. You continue to be in all our thoughts. Hope you have the energy to do something that would be pleasant, like watching your fave skaters on YT or playing with the doggy when you see her again.

vCash
    Sending my thoughts to you as well Jesse. I hope you are able to find some pain relief and sleep so your body can continue to fight. You must be so happy to be going closer to home and of course Porki!

Cancer is such an evil bastard. Le sigh.
    I'm honest, just not always in a nice way

Quadless
    vCash
    Hey Spaz. I'm so glad that you will soon be closer to home. You will definitely be in a 'TGIF' mode at the end of this week if your transfer goes through.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Today I've had the 2 worst nurses during my entire 10 days here so far. I fought with this older male one the entire time... and kept telling him to STOP moving me without even telling me etc.. because that's what sends me into excruciating pain, but he just wouldn't stop.. he was soooooooooo rude. And now I have another absolutely terrible one. I just can't handle being so frustrated all the time ahhhhhhhh /rant.

And no worries Kim about updating for me.
    BittyBug your flowers are awesome! <3 No idea what to expect of the hospital at home but I just hope it's anything better than this!
    Thank you allll!

ETA - I may not have internet after tonight.. it expires at midnight, so depending on if the volunteers are around tomorrow to get me a new username/password that may be why there's no other replies from me for a while!
    Last edited by Spazactaz; 08-22-2013 at 03:57 AM.

vCash
    Sorry the nurses today have seems so uncaring. Compassion should be top of the list for all nurses. It's not an easy job but there is no need to be rude to patients. I hope you get the internet sorted out for post midnight. Hoping you get some much needed rest tonight Jesse

vCash
    Sending more positive thoughts your way. Our collective wish for you includes pain relief and better sleep and much better medical staff -- please let us know, if you can, how things go at your "close to home" hospital. Can you feel any benefit from the physical therapy? Sometimes, pain means gain, but sometimes pain is just pain. I sure hope there is a strong benefit.

What can we do for you? Anything you need or want? Calls, letters, info, stuff, or just messaging through FSU. Please don't hesitate to ask!

vCash
    (((((((( HUGS )))))))) to you, Jesse!!!!!!!

O-

vCash
    I've been calling for help for over 2 hours now and my nurse just won't come. This sucks so bad.

Otherwise nothing I can think of that I need or want though.

vCash
    Oh, hell! I wish I were there to go get them for you. This must be the hardest time to get their attention. : (

I found your thread by accident - I never read this part of the forum - and was terribly sorry to learn of your situation. You are so honest and brave and, as others have said, such a gifted skater. I am praying as hard as I can for your full recovery and meanwhile for relief of your pain and the spiritual strength to deal with all this - I am a Catholic and am calling on a lot of great saints and blesseds to pray for you too!

vCash
    Jesse, I am so sorry you have to deal with this, on top of everything else. Is there a way for you to tell the doctors or the nurses' supervisor?

Hopefully you get some compassionate nurses tomorrow.

Sleep well.

vCash
    Today I've had the 2 worst nurses during my entire 10 days here so far. I fought with this older male one the entire time... and kept telling him to STOP moving me without even telling me etc.. because that's what sends me into excruciating pain, but he just wouldn't stop.. he was soooooooooo rude. And now I have another absolutely terrible one. I just can't handle being so frustrated all the time ahhhhhhhh /rant.
    Please know that you can absolutely refuse treatment from a specific personnel at any time, ask for a specific nurse or doctor not to treat you again, and request a different one. Your hospital should have a patient advocacy department to help you deal with things like this.

Hang in there, Jesse.

Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast