Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    An American politician who did that, even now, would be in deep deep shite.

FarFarAway, welcome back. And I'm so sorry for the situation with your boyfriend. On the other hand, without knowing you personally, I think there's a lot to be said for emigrating. It's not easy, I've gone back and forth on the same notion for many years now and I'm afraid I'm too old. But you're twenty years younger and your English is good. I know getting into the U.S. is very difficult but there's a whole Russian community here with which to integrate.

There's also Israel, if you have any Jews at all in your family tree.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    CBC article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...s.html?cmp=rss
    Konstantin Yablonskiy, co-chair of the Russian LGBT Sports Federation, told CBC News on Sunday that he doesn't support a boycott of the Winter Olympics.

"It's not a constructive way to solve such a problem," he said.

Instead, Yablonskiy is calling on athletes to show solidarity in Sochi for gay rights and equality by holding hands with someone of the same sex during the opening ceremonies walk into the stadium. He said they can also wear rainbow stickers and pins.

Crazy Russian Tundra
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    An American politician who did that, even now, would be in deep deep shite.

FarFarAway, welcome back. And I'm so sorry for the situation with your boyfriend. On the other hand, without knowing you personally, I think there's a lot to be said for emigrating. It's not easy, I've gone back and forth on the same notion for many years now and I'm afraid I'm too old. But you're twenty years younger and your English is good. I know getting into the U.S. is very difficult but there's a whole Russian community here with which to integrate.

There's also Israel, if you have any Jews at all in your family tree.
    Israel has Andrey and Tanya, if I join them there I am not sure of the outcome

I am also considering probable job opportunities in the fist place, independent of the country, I think it will be easier to emigrate if I have at least some offers.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    But they aren't hot.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    http://www.advocate.com/sports/2013/...-it-propaganda

Russian Athletes Kiss — or Was It 'Propaganda'?
    What could be a congratulatory kiss between two gold medalists at the world championships in Moscow set off speculation about whether it was actually a protest of Russia's antigay laws.
    BY LUCAS GRINDLEY AUGUST 18 2013 12:25 PM ET

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000003

Female Russian Athletes Kiss After Winning Gold In Possible Protest Of Anti-Gay Law
    The Huffington Post | By Sara Gates
    Posted: 08/18/2013 11:19 am EDT | Updated: 08/18/2013 11:43 am EDT

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    best picture ever. i wonder if you could get away with wearing this on a t shirt in sochi?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    I love this idea. these athletes work their whole lives for their moment. I mean I get it this is terrible what Russia is doing. I have several gay friends and it bothers me immensely and I am very torn. But I don't think a country pulling its athletes will change things. Athletes wearing rainbow armbands, or kissing each other at wins will shine a much bigger light especially if athletes from several countries band together. There would be news reports and pics and millions watch the opening ceremonies and closing ceremonies. Plus medal wins are reported on and pics are posted.

There are also several bars that are not offering Russian vodka which hits Russia in the pocket book. Perhaps more effective; and not showing the games(which actually might hurt the bars and their staff more financially then NBC and its advertisers)

Also there have been other countries that have had questionable civil rights and foreign policy that have hosted the games before. I think it would be difficult for the IOC to find a country that could conceivably host the games that didn't have some socio-political skeletons in its closet. it's a slippery slope for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    best picture ever. i wonder if you could get away with wearing this on a t shirt in sochi?
    Brilliant idea! This would put authorities into a very uneasy situation They wouldn't classify it as gay propaganda or would they?

vCash
    Just to say, that Spanish article is wrong. It's not Firova, it's Yulia Guschina who is the Olympic Champion from Beijing in the 4x1, she was also 4th there in the 400m and 2nd in the 4x4. Guschina has been Russia's best female sprinter for a decade with no drugs bans and normal improvements and consistency.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/18/russia...-laws-3928288/

In this article you see The girls with a more subtle kiss after the race, and a purposeful kiss on the podium. It was definitely a considered kiss, but they have said nothing about it.
    Guschina's partner is a former athlete and not Ryzhova Obviously.

She is definitely won of Russia's unsung athletes having won soooo many medals since 2006 Europeans including 2 medals in Beijing, arguably because of her love life.
    Last edited by poths; 08-18-2013 at 09:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    But they aren't hot.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FarFarAway View Post
    Israel has Andrey and Tanya, if I join them there I am not sure of the outcome

I am also considering probable job opportunities in the fist place, independent of the country, I think it will be easier to emigrate if I have at least some offers.
    If u come to Israel i could help you find a boyfriend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    If you buy me one I'll wear it in Sochi

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladola View Post
    If u come to Israel i could help you find a boyfriend
    Gay Israeli men are to die for. The hottest on the planet, says this hetero lady. The straight ones aren't bad either if you don't ever take them seriously.

As for the discussion upthread about Moscow's luxury goods, it's nice if you're an oligarch who grabbed the country's resources when the grabbing was good. For everyone else income inequality has increased tremendously: http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...er-poor-poorer. That to me is not a sign of success but a sign of a country that is in 19th century robber-baron territory. In other words, backwards.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    where do they sell them?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I have no problem buying one for whoever wants to wear one.

but what if you get beat up by some Neo Nazi? I don't want to have that in my consciense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    I have no problem buying one for whoever wants to wear one.

but what if you get beat up by some Neo Nazi? I don't want to have that in my consciense
    As said, I'll wear one if you buy me one. Should I PM you my post address?
    As for the neo nazies - I'm Jewish, so whether I wear such a tshirt or not am a target for them anyway.

vCash
    As said, I'll wear one if you buy me one. Should I PM you my post address?
    As for the neo nazies - I'm Jewish, so whether I wear such a tshirt or not am a target for them anyway.
    Ok TaHbka, I compromise to send you a T-Shit about this picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ecker_1979.jpg

But only if you assure me that you'll be extra careful when you go out wearing this. Wear it underneath another shirt, and when you feel it's safe, display it.

We do want photographic evidence when you wear it though !

vCash
    Twitter:

Towleroad ‏@tlrd 2h
    NHL Stars Henrik Zetterberg and Victor Hedman Speak Out Against Russia's Anti-Gay Law http://tlrd.us/1bM8yPV

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    Ok TaHbka, I compromise to send you a T-Shit about this picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ecker_1979.jpg

But only if you assure me that you'll be extra careful when you go out wearing this. Wear it underneath another shirt, and when you feel it's safe, display it.

We do want photographic evidence when you wear it though !
    Lol, you can always order this instead. I'll look like an idiot tourist from Berlin

vCash
    IOC and IAAF could not be any more spineless if they tried.

Poths was bang on. If you wanna ban rainbow nail polish, then ban crosses, head-scarves and so on.

Has this been posted already? Finnish Minister of Culture & Sports Paavo Arhinmäki waved a rainbow flag this afternoon during the World Track & Field Championships in Moscow.
    http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2013/08...s-rainbow.html

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast