Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    So Eyre, are you a self-admitted homophobe? I really don't know what else to make of your comments and don't know for sure where you stand on this issue. Please tell us.
    Does it matter where I stand?! You have your whole media and government power with you! The matter is where the Russians stand. As of "homophobe", oh, no! I am not afraid of you. I just have different opinions from yours. Is having different opinions allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by valyrian View Post
    1. Sexuality is inherent, not taught. No child is going to be "indoctrinated" into homosexuality just because they see a gay pride flag, and no child is going to be "cured" of homosexuality if they're taught that it's evil or nonexistent.
    So you are just so non-ignorant and non-bigotry to advance ahead of science. I see.
    Last edited by Eyre; 10-24-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Blergh
    vCash
    I for one am happy Eyre finally stopped presenting that she was not anything more than a blatant homophobe who seriously does not understand this issue. Keep believing what you believe, but just know it's dying out.

Homophobia encompasses much more than fear (although I do think fear is the root of it all), but animosity, hate, and a willful ignorance to understand sexuality and heterosexual privilege that exists in all facets of life due to hetereonormativity. You don't understand why it's a bad thing that children will not be "exposed" to existing and natural forms of sexuality and you minimize any argument to the contrary with a glib response. I think you know a lot more than you're letting on. You know that if children are "protected" from knowing homosexuality exists, LGBTQ children will feel isolated and alone. You know that keeping children ignorant of the issue (even though they're not blind or deaf and know it exists) infers that there is something wrong and shameful about being homosexual. This causes a culture of antagonism, discrimination, and even violence against those who choose to live free like everyone else.

And to fall prey to an ad hominem argument, but I hate that your user name is Eyre because Jane Eyre is one of my favorite literary heroines and to think she'd be associated with the hate you're spewing in any capacity (like with this superficial internet username) irks me. So take solace in that you've have gotten to me in that respect.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyre View Post
    Does it matter where I stand?! You have your whole media and government power with you! The matter is where the Russians stand. As of "homophobe", oh, no! I am not afraid of you. I just have different opinions from yours. Is having different opinions allowed?

So you are just so non-ignorant and non-bigotry to advance ahead of science. I see.
    Oh, quit trolling. Its boring. Others have done it much better than you.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    I could give you a bunch of peer-reviewed articles about sexuality to peruse, but they're most of them behind a paywall. So, courtesy of the scientific organization that is the American Psychological Association:

"According to current scientific and professional understanding, the core attractions that form the basis for adult sexual orientation typically emerge between middle childhood and early adolescence. These patterns of emotional, romantic and sexual attraction may arise without any prior sexual experience...[M]ost people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."

Personal anecdote: I tried hard to be straight. People around me tried hard to make me straight. Didn't work. In the end, I am very glad it didn't and I wish I hadn't had to suffer needlessly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    Oh, quit trolling. Its boring. Others have done it much better than you.
    So that's the way to silence any critics. Way to go!

I actually think this thread is a perfect example of the word you love to use - Bigotry!

Quote Originally Posted by valyrian View Post
    I could give you a bunch of peer-reviewed articles about sexuality to peruse, but they're most of them behind a paywall. So, courtesy of the scientific organization that is the American Psychological Association:

"According to current scientific and professional understanding, the core attractions that form the basis for adult sexual orientation typically emerge between middle childhood and early adolescence. These patterns of emotional, romantic and sexual attraction may arise without any prior sexual experience...[M]ost people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."

Personal anecdote: I tried hard to be straight. People around me tried hard to make me straight. Didn't work. In the end, I am very glad it didn't and I wish I hadn't had to suffer needlessly.
    I have read them and have the same knowledge as you. I am just wondering why didn't you give out the link and only quoted a part of it?

By the way, to all who have been so worked up by my posts, heterosexual people have rights too if it's not so hard to understand. I am aware of and sympathetic to the depressed life some of you have been through. And I do not hate you if you could come down and see the truth. When you are fighting for your rights, you have to be sensible to what the other side feels too. The way you have been acting is actually closing the door to a harmonic environment you longed to have. Tone down a little bit! Not everyone and every society is as open and as "advanced" as yours. I am so tired of this over the top dramas. I actually really like Johnny weir's approach. That is something that everyone could accept.

vCash
    Entire post
    I feel as if I have a million things to say in response. And yet, your posts have left me utterly speechless. I wouldn't even know where to begin...
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    "heterosexual people have rights too if it's not so hard to understand."

Yesm, massah.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash

I actually think this thread is a perfect example of the word you love to use - Bigotry!

I have read them and have the same knowledge as you. I am just wondering why didn't you give out the link and only quoted a part of it?

By the way, to all who have been so worked up by my posts, heterosexual people have rights too if it's not so hard to understand. I am aware of and sympathetic to the depressed life some of you have been through. And I do not hate you if you could come down and see the truth. When you are fighting for your rights, you have to be sensible to what the other side feels too. The way you have been acting is actually closing the door to a harmonic environment you longed to have. Tone down a little bit! Not everyone and every society is as open and as "advanced" as yours. I am so tired of this over the top dramas. I actually really like Johnny weir's approach. That is something that everyone could accept.
    Explain to me how defending LGBT rights endangers, infriges or reduces "heterosexual rights".
    Touching the void.

Blergh
    vCash
    It doesn't. Also, all rights have been centered around heterosexuality and what heterosexuals feel comfortable. Pretending you're a victim is just silly.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    That has basically what Massachusetts and California of US been doing even to elementary school children as young as 5 and 6 by not just gays but also gay supporters. They have taught the 5 and 6 year olds in school to be open-minded to try "new vegetables".
    It's very important to eat vegetables. Considering the sexuality of 5-6 year olds, however, I suspect their interest in vegetables will be limited for some time.

Have you been using Massresistance and Jesus-is-savior as your sources, by chance? Because I've seen this sort of argument before.

By the way, to all who have been so worked up by my posts, heterosexual people have rights too if it's not so hard to understand.
    The right to keep LGBT people in the closet? I don't think so.

When LGBT people have equal rights, it takes nothing away from my rights or anyone else's rights. It's not so hard to understand.
    Last edited by Zemgirl; 10-25-2013 at 07:54 AM.

vCash
    First, why do you want to have an access to other people's children and "educate" them about your sexual preference? Second, why do you make such a big fuss when you lost that access to their children?
    Because diversity exists and nobody should be discriminated on the basis of their gender, sex, race, (dis)ability or sexual orientation.

And discrimination happens largely as the result of the fear of the unknown and the lack of ability to process and integrate the 'different but the same' quandary. So education about all kinds of diversity from an as early age as possible is crucial.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I for one am happy Eyre finally stopped presenting that she was not anything more than a blatant homophobe who seriously does not understand this issue. Keep believing what you believe, but just know it's dying out.

(Respectfully snipped)
    Yes thankfully it is dying out in areas where open communication and education about homosexuality are allowed and even promoted. My own psycho mother (owner of the "I don't care if someone's gay I just don't ever want to see 2 guys holding hands or anything" declaration) has come full circle and not only welcomed my best friend and his husband to my wedding but will educate others in her sometimes ignorant circle about the facts.

The problem occurs in societies where education and communication are being LEGALLY stifled. This is happening in Russia. Public and private misconceptions and indeed hatred about the LGBT community die very hard in such a bubble of repression.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash

The utterly predictable response of a troll.

Honestly, trolls do seem like automatons given what exact replicas their responses are each time one hits the board. Are we sure there isn't someone out there creating trolls like others create viruses to infect computers?
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Again with this children and indoctrination nonsense. If the Russian law were only about what children were being taught by the state, that would be one thing. I'd still strongly disagree with it, but at least the law would be somewhat narrow and limited in its effect. Instead, it's an intentionally broad law that makes any meaningful gay rights activism illegal. It's designed to silence the gays and those who support them. Don't even try to claim that equal treatment and respect are involved here. That's BS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    It's very important to eat vegetables. Considering the sexuality of 5-6 year olds, however, I suspect their interest in vegetables will be limited for some time.

Have you been using Massresistance and Jesus-is-savior as your sources, by chance? Because I've seen this sort of argument before.

The right to keep LGBT people in the closet? I don't think so.

When LGBT people have equal rights, it takes nothing away from my rights or anyone else's rights. It's not so hard to understand.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZIwZ2cljq4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ9xdWIatVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtx3_B18WUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxVP_pjEkBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sFJip7HHo

Quote Originally Posted by succubus View Post
    Yes thankfully it is dying out in areas where open communication and education about homosexuality are allowed and even promoted.
    I should thank you for admitting the truth!
    Last edited by Eyre; 10-25-2013 at 04:55 PM.

vCash

I'm not entirely sure what rights these are infringing? I'm not a legal scholar but as far as I know "the right to be kept ignorant of the fact that gay people exist and are completely normal" isn't outlined in the Constitution...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So education about all kinds of diversity from an as early age as possible is crucial.
    You so want this badly, don't you?! One might be wondering what does that make you?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    The utterly predictable response of a troll.

Honestly, trolls do seem like automatons given what exact replicas their responses are each time one hits the board. Are we sure there isn't someone out there creating trolls like others create viruses to infect computers?

vCash
    'What you have to realize is that the Homosexual Agenda is just another weapon being intentionally used by the Jewish Zionists to destroy the White Race of people.'

Sweet. Racism, anti-semitism and homophobia in one. Well done.

You so want this badly, don't you?! One might be wondering what does that make you?
    Somebody who cares about other people and doesn't want anybody to suffer from violence and social exclusion.

vCash
    Eyre, people who post links without any explanation are doomed to have their links ignored.

'What you have to realize is that the Homosexual Agenda is just another weapon being intentionally used by the Jewish Zionists to destroy the White Race of people.'
    This is a lie. If we destroy the white race there will be no babies and then what will we use for matzoh?

vCash

Sweet. Racism, anti-semitism and homophobia in one. Well done.
    Oh dear, I didn't see that. How wonderful. Eyre, I don't think this board is for you. There's one called Stormfront that you might like.

(And because I keep forgetting - APA on sexuality. Always cite your sources. )

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast