Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Eyre, people who post links without any explanation are doomed to have their links ignored.
    I've never expected you click the links. They are only for the people who truly care about children. You are not one of them, sorry!

vCash
    Oh please stop this now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyre View Post
    I've never expected you click the links. They are only for the people who truly care about children. You are not one of them, sorry!
    Caring about children means many things, including not wanting them to grow up and become ignorant, trollish bigots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    'What you have to realize is that the Homosexual Agenda is just another weapon being intentionally used by the Jewish Zionists to destroy the White Race of people.'

Sweet. Racism, anti-semitism and homophobia in one. Well done.
    Where did this come from???!!! It was certainly NOT in the videos!!! I've watched them all! Stop distracting the attention from homosexual propaganda among young children!!!

vCash
    Where did this come from???!!! It was certainly NOT in the videos!!! I've watched them all! Stop distracting the attention from homosexual propaganda among young children!!!
    You might want to have another look and also think twice next time about what videos you're promoting.

It's the uploader's comment, directly under the first video (and there's more with the usual anti-semitic crap about 'the zionists controlling all the banks and wanting to destroy our country through communism' ).
    Last edited by Ziggy; 10-25-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Failing her snatch
    vCash

Since when on FSU did we, 'think of the children'?

Quit being inflammatory or I will revoke your access.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    OMG censorship!

Think of the Children!

vCash
    Eyre, I don't think you're a troll. I do think you are an advocate of the anti-gay propaganda laws in Russia, as they relate to minors.

But I would like to say this: I am a gay male and I absolutely care about children. It is precisely, because I DO care about children, one of the reasons I am so against these laws in Russia.

I am a gay adult and was a gay child. At age 5 or 6, I certainly knew I had an attraction to males. It may not have been overtly sexual at that age, but it was there. Practically every gay person can relate to this. But because gay = bad/abnormal/disgusting/sinful, I went through years of being miserable, wishing and praying that my feelings were not what they were. I made sure to act as "masculine" as I could, so as not to be persecuted by my classmates. I even joined in with teasing some of the more flamboyant kids at school, in order to fit in. To this day, I am ashamed of myself for being such a coward. I dated girls and eventually had a few sexual experiments with females, which had a traumatic effect on me. All of which could have been avoided if I had grown up in an accepting society. And, as valyrian mentioned, all of the "straight is the only normal" propaganda (and yes, that's exactly what it was) did not, in the end, make me straight. Any "gay propaganda" is not going to turn a straight child gay, it simply doesn't work that way.

And what about figure skating, the sport we all love? Many male children are advised not to skate, because it is too "gay." Isn't that sad? I used to compete, but kept it hidden from a lot of my schoolmates, as there was a bigotry against boys who skated. And I still got teased about it from those who knew I was involved in the sport.

Thank goodness things are improving now--somewhat--in certain parts of the world.

So, unequivocally, I am thinking of the children: I wish for a kinder, easier time for the gay children in Russia (and believe me, there are many of them there, as well as in the rest of the world) and I wish for teaching social acceptance to the straight children, which is nothing but a good thing. Of course, this also applies to people of all ages, as witnessed by the recent brutal attacks against gays in Russia. What could possibly be wrong with supporting tolerance and education? It's a win-win situation, yes?
    Last edited by skateboy; 10-26-2013 at 07:43 AM.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    There is probably no better "propaganda" vehicle than parents and yet look at the children of same-sex couples. The overwhelming majority of those kids turn out to be straight. It's a matter of acceptance, not existence.

vCash
    That's an excellent point, Ilyich.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Here's a new AP article about addressing the Olympic sponsors; I haven't seen one of these in a while, and if I'm reading this correctly, activists had been waiting for official responses from the sponsors:

http://www.salon.com/2013/11/17/foes...um%29_7_30_110
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Russia did not give the IOC guarantees that gay people travelling to see the Olympics won't be prosecuted using the new laws and as we all know, the IOC didn't seem to care much.

The Reference Group of the Eurovision Song Contest has sent an official letter to the Russian state broadcaster. Whilst they haven't made it public, I've read a report on a gay news site saying that apparently they have demanded Russia outlines guarantees regarding creative freedom of the acts, and the safety of organisers and fans. If they fail to guarantee no gay person would be arrested under the homophobic legislation, like they have failed to do so at the Sochi Olympics, then they would be banned from hosting the contest. No idea whether it's wishful thinking on the part of the writer or whether the letter really was so strongly worded.

Official comment from Eurovision below:
    http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?i...erns_on_russia
    Last edited by Ziggy; 11-27-2013 at 09:40 AM.

vCash
    I was wondering what's been going on with Russia vs. the rest of the world, regarding this issue. It seems Russia is keeping quieter about it, at least through the Olympics.

Do you think there will be demonstrations in Sochi? (I do.)
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Twitter:

huffpostgay ‏@huffpostgay 1h
    Awesome: Canada Pride House to host space for LGBT athletes during Sochi Olympics http://huff.to/1cd3p4R

vCash
    That's a great idea. They could also help if there is trouble. I also hope that something remains there as a support after the Games for the people who live there. We shouldn't forget their problems after the Games are over.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sadya View Post
    That's a great idea. They could also help if there is trouble. I also hope that something remains there as a support after the Games for the people who live there. We shouldn't forget their problems after the Games are over.
    Truth.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Johnny Weir Calls LGBT Protesters Picketing His Speaking Event “Idiots,” Apologizes
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/tonymerevick...eaking-event-i
    A handful of activists from Queer Nation NY and RUSA LGBT picketed the event, holding a banner reading, “WEIR: RUSSIAN OLYMPIC CLOWN” and “NBC: NAIVE BLOODY COLLABORATORS” due to Weir’s position that “the Olympics are not the place to make a political statement,” the paper reported......
    His comments Monday night further angered LGBT activists. “I think he did more than just refer to us as idiots,” Duncan Osborne, a Queer Nation member, told BuzzFeed. “I think he described every LGBT activist around the globe who is fighting these Russian laws as an idiot.”

With that, Duncan said NBC should respond by denouncing Weir’s comments and publicly rejecting Russia’s laws.

“What we’re seeking is a response form NBC,” Duncan said. “They have to stand up and say this is wrong and we do not believe this and the laws there have to be repealed.”
    Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Johnny Weir says he shouldn't have insulted activists:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...vists/3863709/

Weir tweeted earlier tonight:"My sincerest apologies. Please read":
    Johnny's World: Foot in Mouth
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Johnny is a funny case for sure, he says the silliest things.

Oh Evan... you could have been a great champion and respected activist but he wants no part of it, so Johnny is all we have left.

vCash
    Weir is an ego-centric twat who doesn't seem to care about anything else other than his own self-promotion. At least that got him in the news, I guess. Twice because of the apology.

Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast