Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    This is trivial, but when you have logged in (and it says you've been successful at it), the button that in the old version said "logout" now still says "register/login"?

Does this happen to everyone?
    Hey Doris,

As far as I know, it's the same for everybody. So I just posted the following on the IN discussion board. This covers what you were talking about, along with my old pet peeve from the old board....

"Please show the name of the user in the "Main menu" area that is shown throughout the site (similar to, but above, where you show it currently in the Forum area.) This way, a user can tell at a glance that they are logged in. I've requested this before, but it never happend with the old site and currently, as with the old site, all a user can see is the "Register / Login" button - so you don't know if your login is successful, especially if you've navigated away from your personal settings...."

Hope that helps (all of us!)

vCash
    The old one didn't have your name in the block, but at least had logout there.

When you're having problems, it's one way to check whether the problem is with your account, and not IN, and not your own software/hardware combination.

vCash
    The old one didn't have your name in the block, but at least had logout there.
    However, at least in my experience, the login expired after 24 hours, but if you came back 1 day or several weeks later without logging out, the link still read "Logout" so it looked as if you were still logged in and the temptation was to go straight to the videos without logging in first, and then it would bump you back to log in before showing the videos. So going back to the previous situation would not be ideal in my mind either.

vCash
    True. The whole thing is screwed up.

The beginning of each season with IN is a source of stress for me. Not to mention every time I change any software or equipment. Considering it is run by MLB, I'm shocked that it is never implemented seamlessly.

vCash
    ITA about the login/logout issue, the status ought to be clear. Ideally it'd *keep* you logged in to begin with (assuming it's the same browser), if Netflix can do it I don't get why IN can't?

There's also been way too many times when I've clicked on a video and a screen has popped up with only the purchasing options and no login option.

vCash
    Ok, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around why it is an issue if you have to log in every time you go there. Or if it doesn't say your name on every page. If you login & then can post on the forum or can watch videos then you're logged in. And if they state that all the new stuff isn't up & running yet, why people have to gripe they can't access this or that. If they say next week they will have it all running, then it.will.be.next.week. Not hard to understand. IN is a very complicated website. It has an interactive forum, videos, & live streaming. So there's a glitch now & then & doesn't always work perfectly. So what? We go through this every year. If IN is so don't subscribe. Problem solved.

vCash
    The problem is when something isn't working (which is not infrequent), the most common thing that is the user's fault is that they forgot to login. A quick look to the corner of the page could tell them, as it does at FSU, where the upper right hand corner says Log Out when I am logged in. In the case of IN, it doesn't say. Now this is an easy, easy fix. It is not rocket science, so IN should do it.

So far, I prefer the old format to the new one, but since IN has the broadcast rights, I will struggle through.

vCash
    True. The whole thing is screwed up.

The beginning of each season with IN is a source of stress for me. Not to mention every time I change any software or equipment. Considering it is run by MLB, I'm shocked that it is never implemented seamlessly.
    I second that. IN is a source of stress for me- although in a different way. I called IN directly (not the MLB number) to ask if they would give me the discounted rate of $39.99 because I was a subscriber last year. They said they tried to autorenew but it did not go through. My first complaint is - why did they not check with me first if I want to autorenew? Second, if it got rejected, why did they not inform me? There has been zero communication since last year. My being abroad and the lack of internet access created a lot of problems for me but they have all been sorted out after I returned- all except IN.

I was told to go on line and pay the $49.99, then call back to see IF I can get a refund. No guarantees. I am convinced that IN sucks and will continue to suck. Last year I paid the $39.99 (or whatever the cost was) and got very little coverage. So the money was a total waste. This year they want to charge more but not give me the discount a past subscriber should get.

I told the guy at IN that I will not buy their $49.99 package, unless they guaranteed me the refund. He could not promise that. So I told him that I would not buy the IN package. I don't care what happens to IN at this point. I will be happier if I did not have to deal with them at all. It's not worth my time to have to deal with them.

I can view whatever is available here or on other countries' links. Worst case, I can survive without IN and their attitude. Figure skating is not air, water or food.

Title-less
    vCash
    It's common for all subscriber sites to show whether you are logged in or not. So it would be nice for Icenetwork to fix this.

With that said, in terms of skating coverage, IN is still the best bang for the buck, considering the number of events covered, and the quality of videos. I paid $20 for Broadmoor Open alone and it only had a few top US skaters.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I've always received an email before I was automatically renewed giving me the option not to do so. Every year. This year was no exception. I was automatically renewed at the 39.95 rate (although I would have paid the higher rate and will next season). I like the new format and the streaming video quality of the short track races last weekend was excellent. If the figure skating quality is as good, I'll be a very satisfied customer.

I suspect many people's issues with IN has more to do with their internet speed than IN.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I've always received an email before I was automatically renewed giving me the option not to do so. Every year. This year was no exception. I was automatically renewed at the 39.95 rate (although I would have paid the higher rate and will next season). I like the new format and the streaming video quality of the short track races last weekend was excellent. If the figure skating quality is as good, I'll be a very satisfied customer.

I suspect many people's issues with IN has more to do with their internet speed than IN.
    I have no problem with Internet speed. I do have a problem with IN not contacting me about the automatic renewal THIS year. In the past they did, so whoever says that once you choose automatic renewal when you first signed in, you never hear about it, and just get renewed, is dead wrong (that's not directed to you).

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I have no problem with Internet speed. I do have a problem with IN not contacting me about the automatic renewal THIS year. In the past they did, so whoever says that once you choose automatic renewal when you first signed in, you never hear about it, and just get renewed, is dead wrong (that's not directed to you).
    As I said, I've received an email every year at least a week prior to the automatic renewal warning me it was coming and giving me the option to cancel if I choose. If your email address changed or you didn't subscribe last season, perhaps that was the issue. I always log on to check my information in early August since I know that's the renewal date. You can update your account and change credit card numbers if need be. I check every year well before the renewal just to be certain there's no problems. I've changed email addresses, mailing addresses and credit cards and have not had any glitches with renewals. Maybe I'm just lucky.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    As I said, I've received an email every year at least a week prior to the automatic renewal warning me it was coming and giving me the option to cancel if I choose. If your email address changed or you didn't subscribe last season, perhaps that was the issue. I always log on to check my information in early August since I know that's the renewal date. You can update your account and change credit card numbers if need be. I check every year well before the renewal just to be certain there's no problems. I've changed email addresses, mailing addresses and credit cards and have not had any glitches with renewals. Maybe I'm just lucky.
    I've always been notified too and had to go in and change credit card information before they did it. Vash, you said you'd been out of the country. Maybe you missed the email?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    That would be a good thing for fans! Therefore, it won't happen.

What also annoys me is that there's no longer a single-event pass. So while I CAN watch Nationals on IN, I have to fork out $50 to do so.
    I know, its so ridiculous.

I am lucky that I have a friends account that I can use these days for the couple of events we can actually watch.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    So can we not go back and watch 2013 Worlds anymore? I go to Videos, I flip the calendar back to March 2013, I see the listing for Worlds, I click that "More" button, and there's nothing there to pick from. I never finished watching it all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly
    If I go to icenetwork.com, it takes me to a new home page where the Schedule + Results link does not work.

If I go to http://web.icenetwork.com/events/schedule.jsp, it takes me to an old version of the site on the 2012 schedule. From there I can click on the Complete Event Schedule tab and find the listings by month for 2013 and 2014.

I think the point is that the new site isn't ready yet and you need to take a backdoor route to get to the old site.
    BaileyCatts, The link to the old videos which was given earlier in this thread, which I quote above, still works. I went to the listing for Worlds, logged in from there, hit the back key, and it went back to the Worlds listing. I then played the SD file, and it worked.

vCash
    No, my email address did not change, and I had subscribed last year. That's what PO's me off. They had sent me a reminder in the past about the automatic renewal but did not do it this year. The only thing is last year I did send them an email complaining about how poor they had been and that I had wasted my money.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Maybe they took that to mean you were cancelling your subscription.

vCash
    No, my email address did not change, and I had subscribed last year. That's what PO's me off. They had sent me a reminder in the past about the automatic renewal but did not do it this year. The only thing is last year I did send them an email complaining about how poor they had been and that I had wasted my money.
    Vash01,

I don't know how IN is organized or how they determine who gets emails and who doesn't. Were you an autosubscriber? If so, did you, by any chance change that status, or suggest to IN that you might not want to autosubscribe?

I dont' think I hide my feelings about what's transpired over there very well, but I thought I'd offer you some additional food for thought.

I, personally, would escallage your issue. (Nobody wants to lose a customer.) But when you do, make sure that whomever you are speaking to has the authorization to change the subscription price (ask them.) Do it over the phone if you have to in order to get what you want. And if you were an autosubscriber and that's the difference between being emailed or not, make sure that they know that and ask that they fix autosubscription issue. Always ask for a supervisor or whomever is above the person that can't help you and don't stop until you are satisfied.

Good luck and let us know if you fare any better this time around.
    Last edited by momnatur; 08-29-2013 at 03:13 AM.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I second that. IN is a source of stress for me- although in a different way. I called IN directly (not the MLB number) to ask if they would give me the discounted rate of $39.99 because I was a subscriber last year. They said they tried to autorenew but it did not go through. My first complaint is - why did they not check with me first if I want to autorenew? Second, if it got rejected, why did they not inform me? There has been zero communication since last year. My being abroad and the lack of internet access created a lot of problems for me but they have all been sorted out after I returned- all except IN.

I was told to go on line and pay the $49.99, then call back to see IF I can get a refund. No guarantees. I am convinced that IN sucks and will continue to suck. Last year I paid the $39.99 (or whatever the cost was) and got very little coverage. So the money was a total waste. This year they want to charge more but not give me the discount a past subscriber should get.

I told the guy at IN that I will not buy their $49.99 package, unless they guaranteed me the refund. He could not promise that. So I told him that I would not buy the IN package. I don't care what happens to IN at this point. I will be happier if I did not have to deal with them at all. It's not worth my time to have to deal with them.

I can view whatever is available here or on other countries' links. Worst case, I can survive without IN and their attitude. Figure skating is not air, water or food.
    Well, at least you're not the only one. I did finally get through the other day, and they couldn't give me an answer as to why I didn't receive an e-mail since I did subscribe last year. I was also told to go online and pay the $49.99 and then they would see about giving me a refund. I didn't even attempt it since it was hard enough trying to call and talk to them the first time. I'm definitely not paying $49.99.

ITA about viewing whatever is available here.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast