• Mykayla Skinner

3 8.82%
  • Maggie Nichols

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    You know three years ago Kocian was right up there with Ohashi, then she dropped out of elite competition. It's great to see her back. She's lovely and I think she has potential on bars.

Dowell's bars are a mess. The way she works out of the Tweddle is just not good and if she gets picked to go to worlds just for that routine I think I will cry.

vCash
    USA Gymnastics just posted the following message about World Team Selection Camp on their Facebook Page:

World Selection Camp attendees will be Biles, Maroney, Price, Nichols, Milliet, Skinner, Ross, Desch, Dowell, Ernst, and Baker. Priessman and Kocian were also invited to the World Selection Camp but will not attend, due to injury.
    So Kocian is out for worlds She was the only person that worked for the bars/beam spot. So, I feel like Dowell will get the spot even though her beam isn't great. Milliet has a good beam when she hits, but isn't good at all at Bars. At this point, I almost wish there was a way to go ahead and send Keys and Hernandez to let them get some experience.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    That's a real shame about Kocian, especially since bars and beam would be the least likely to impact the ankle. But it sounds like she has quite a history of injuries so staying healthy has to be her priority.

It seems like the last spot is almost a throwaway, as I don't see anyone in the selection group with a high probability of qualifying for finals on either bars or beam, although I certainly could be proven wrong. The alternatives would then be to either give it to an up and comer with future potential or as a reward for experience/consistency. I don't really see anyone that fits the former who is age-eligible (a healthy Ohashi would probably have been the closest), for the latter it would probably be Price or Dowell.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Then Price should go. She could make bars finals, even though her beam is rather weak, and she didn't even do beam here. Ernst could go but she's unlikely to make event finals on either event.

vCash
    I agree about Price. I actually wasn't thinking about her in the scheme of things. I wonder if McKayla is still working on Beam and they might have her do 3 events and then Price could do bars like Jana Bieger in 2005.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    ^ I agree that's the best option for sure (in fairness of sending 4 gymnasts and not just 3 for AA like I would do at this point). Cut to Bill Strauss crying...

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    Cut to Bill Strauss crying...
    LOL! it makes me so happy when he cries
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12