Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I found this show compelling but I came to hate most of the characters.
    I am amazed at how many people were cheering for Walt. I think it's a tribute to Bryan Cranston's acting, but still. He made meth--he INSISTED on making meth. He killed people. He manipulated and used everyone who cared about him. And of course he did it all for himself; it was always all about him.

Also, I think it was harder for him to say that than it might have appeared. Because he had to strip away any last self-illusion that he was a good man to admit that.
    I think that was New Hampshire. He spent three months in the woods alone thinking and dying. What else was there to do but contemplate how he had ended up where he was? His one last shot at the pretense that he was helping his family and there was still some good in him was shot down in flames by Walt Jr.

I think Skylar liked to be on her high horse all the time. I mean here is a woman who had an affair, cooked the books to cover for him, lied for her boss in her other job, and was a lot like Walt in many ways except for the violence. Yet she was always trying to "take the high road" with him and acting like he was scum and she was not. So to hear him say "I did it for me" must have been the ultimate FU to her. I means she said she wanted him to admit it. But I don't think she really did. I think she wanted him to say something that would make her feel better about all the bad things she did.
    She should at least have to wonder--if Walt did it all for himself, why did she do it? In the beginning, she might have been above it all, but by the end, she was full participant and wanted Walt to put a hit on Jesse.

I also thought that Walt handing her the coordinates for the location of Hank's body was a real double-edged sword. Yes, she could use it to negotiate a deal for herself--but what would doing something like that make her and how could Marie ever forgive her for that? She would basically be holding Hank's body hostage until she got something for it.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Did I miss the part where they might have explained how a man in ill health and no body guard - walking around with $10MM in a 50 gallon trash can - isn't just shot dead and his money taken?

I did enjoy the finale but I had a hard time getting past Walt waltzing around the country with the rather conspicuous trash can.
    What would Jenny do?

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    I did enjoy the finale but I had a hard time getting past Walt waltzing around the country with the rather conspicuous trash can.
    Do you live in a part of the country where you get shot at for carrying around a trash can? Where I live, people would assume it had trash in it and you were a crazed homeless man and give you a wide berth.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    was shot down in flames by Walt Jr.
    Who I also didn't like. I found him self-righteous and quick to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    how could Marie ever forgive her for that? She would basically be holding Hank's body hostage until she got something for it.
    Then again, was Marie ever going to forgive her? Hard to say. They kind of abandoned the character after Hank died so it wasn't clear to me what she thought about how it all went down after that and who she blamed for what.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Greetings Breaking Bad fans.
    Here is a documentary about the making of BB. I have a friend who was the set designer for the series and he just posted it.
    ENJOY!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaWM6...ature=youtu.be

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Breaking Bad marathon running 12p-5a each day on 12/27-28-29-30! I can finally catch the whole series! I am #46 on the waiting list at the library for the DVD's, and at that rate it will be another year before I get them. The 17 hour days will be worth it. So glad I took vacation as I am so going to binge this entire thing!!
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 12-27-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345