Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I've been watching as much of the Breaking Bad marathon as I can (even though I missed most of Wednesday/Thursday). Dammit why wasn't I watching this show all along! Anyway ...... I just watched the 2011 season finale (where Brock got poisoned, they destroyed the meth lab, and Gus got blow'd up ... ). The very last scene was a close up shot of a potted Lily of the Valley plant in Walt's backyard. Was that supposed to be an implication that Walt was the one who poisoned Brock, or that maybe he tried to poison Jessie but somehow Brock got it instead? Or was it just one of the weird/quirky things they seem to do on this show?

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Nope. Walt poisoned Brock as a way of controlling Jesse.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    So unsettled about tonights show. I hope it's amazing but I know no matter what I'm going to miss this show!

vCash
    Not too long now! I am so excited for the finale - but so sad it will be over. It is the kind of show you can watch again (as I am doing right now with some of the marathon) but second viewing is NOT the same as the first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Not too long now! I am so excited for the finale - but so sad it will be over. It is the kind of show you can watch again (as I am doing right now with some of the marathon) but second viewing is NOT the same as the first.
    Definitely. I'm pretty sad to see the end of the series, but excited to see how it will turn out. At least Homeland is coming back to ease my sadness about Breaking Bad ending a bit.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I can't wait for the finale. I am nervous because I don't want it to be disappointing but they have almost set it up that no matter what they decide it will be awesome. Unless they decide to make Walt a lumberjack....
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I thought it was a strong finale, if a bit too catering to the expectations of the fans. I kind of felt like the people who needed to die did and those who needed to survive did and I'm not sure that's what Breaking Bad should be, but really great overall series with one of the best TV performances ever by Bryan Cranston.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Great finale, if a little slow but I thought the ending was very appropriate. The acting was absolutely amazing. Probably the best acting by a cast of any series I have ever seen.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Great finale to a great series!!! Jessie!!!!

I wonder if Walt is really gone... just in case they wanted to make a big screen movie.

Quadless
    vCash
    Walt is definitely gone - the bullet just barely beat his cancer.

I'm very happy with the way things wrapped up. Some outcomes were as expected, but others surprised me (for example, I didn't anticipate that Walt would go after Lydia). And I loved how they worked Badger and Sneaky Pete into the wrap. What an awesome series.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Loved it! I laughed, I cried, I gasped, I cheered.

The flashbacks were timed perfectly. Glad Walt finally admitted to Sky that he was doing it for himself. Way over $80M made and most of it lost and his wife and family are shunned and in a crappy apartment. Evil scientist Walt came back in a big way - Ricin in the Stevia, machine gun in the car, Badger & Skinny Pete (!) with laser pointers - just awesome.

I think all of the loose ends were tied up nicely - Hank and Gomey will finally found and put to rest by their families, Jr. gets the $ so he can take care of the family like Walt never could, and Jesse is free!

Great callbacks to previous scenes - Walt strangling the drug dealer in episode 3, now Jesse kills Meth Damon the same way, and the end of Walt in a meth lab with that great sky shot reminded me of Walt in the cellar after discovering Sky gave his money to her ex boss.

Just a fabulous way to end a great series on a high note.

vCash
    OK, I'm going to miss this show but it really was a fantastic finale

vCash
    I watched as much of the marathon as I could to catch up, but I missed probably half the episodes. So can you fill me in on:

What happened to Mike?

How did Walt know that Lydia would sit at that table to leave the packet of poison so someone else didn't get it? Did she always sit at that table when he said about her always being there Tuesday's at 10 (or whatever he said)?

Why did Todd kill that kid on the bike? I was awake at the beginning of the episode where they first showed the kid, then I saw them cutting up his bike, load it in a barrel and douse it in chemicals, which is what I assume they did with the body too?

Why did Marie always wear purple? Did that mean something?

I'm going to eventually watch the series, but I still wanna know. I was able to piece most of the story together from what I was able to watch on the marathon, but I didn't see any of the first 2 seasons.

vCash
    I guess it doesn't really matter what happened to the $80million dollars, does it. Was there any money in the car that Jesse took off in? I kinda want him to have the money to start a new life after all he's been thru. But then again, Jesse probably don't want that money, does he.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 09-30-2013 at 11:14 AM.

vCash
    I didn't notice this the first time, but I watched the rerun and the part where Marie called Sky ... in Marie's kitchen, all the purple stuff was gone and it was all silver (I think). What's the deal with purple on this show? Is it like FSU purple?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    What happened to Mike?
    Walt killed him.

How did Walt know that Lydia would sit at that table to leave the packet of poison so someone else didn't get it? Did she always sit at that table when he said about her always being there Tuesday's at 10 (or whatever he said)?
    Yes, but I would guess that is part of the reason he was there before she was--to make sure no one else got it.

Why did Todd kill that kid on the bike? I was awake at the beginning of the episode where they first showed the kid, then I saw them cutting up his bike, load it in a barrel and douse it in chemicals, which is what I assume they did with the body too?
    Todd killed the kid because the kid saw them stealing the methylamine from the train, although the kid didn't really understand what he was seeing. They buried him at the scene.

Why did Marie always wear purple? Did that mean something?
    I saw an interview with Betsy Brandt in which she said that the clothing designer on the show for the first few seasons assigned every member of the cast a color, and Marie's was purple. Betsy told Vince Gilligan that it seemed to her that Marie was the kind of person for whom there are no half measures--if purple was Marie's color, then there would be PURPLE. Vince agreed and sent a crew out in search of all things purple. The fact that all the purple was gone was, I think, an outward sign of how much Marie lost when she lost Hank--all that passionate, individual purple replaced with cold, impersonal silver.

Good finale; much more satisfying than some, if a little predictable. The acting was amazing.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Loved the finale. So sad to see this series end. Expecting withdrawal symptoms to start anytime.

One question: What was the significance of the scene where Jesse was making the beautiful wooden box? Had we seen him do woodworking before? Was this a flashback or a flashforward?

vCash
    http://happyplace.someecards.com/265...-series-finale If Breaking Bad took entirely on facebook. Um, cursing and stuff, but really funny.

Sally - it was a flashback. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZos-LQV8zg Really good clip.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    I wonder too about Jesse. Could he really be free? He could never go back to his house, or he'd get arrested I'd think. Even though hank taped Jesse cooperating, the neonazis had that tape. He had no money left. Saul was gone so no disappearing to Alaska with a new identity. Presumably he could go back and take care of Brock, but again I'd think he'd do jail time for a while.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I found this show compelling but I came to hate most of the characters. Except Mike, who died ages ago, and Jesse. So my dream finale was to have everyone die except Jesse and the baby. And I wasn't even that attached to the baby.

In an article I read that said that the finale was "too pat" the author talked about how Walt got things too much his own way. But I'm not sure I agree. I think Skylar liked to be on her high horse all the time. I mean here is a woman who had an affair, cooked the books to cover for him, lied for her boss in her other job, and was a lot like Walt in many ways except for the violence. Yet she was always trying to "take the high road" with him and acting like he was scum and she was not. So to hear him say "I did it for me" must have been the ultimate FU to her. I means she said she wanted him to admit it. But I don't think she really did. I think she wanted him to say something that would make her feel better about all the bad things she did. And he didn't do that.

Also, I think it was harder for him to say that than it might have appeared. Because he had to strip away any last self-illusion that he was a good man to admit that.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast