13 86.67%
  • Josh Dixon

0 0%
  • Chris Turner

1 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Well that, too I just think the event is dreadfully boring and routines look too much the same. It's the one event in gymnastics that I've never even made an effort to learn skills names/values because it just doesn't interest me.

vCash
    As we near the finish line @ P&G Champs..........

Mikulak, Naddour, Dalton, Legendre, Wynn, & Leyva (though I wouldn't mind Ruggeri in that last spot!)

ETA: Wow, Orozco finished 4th. Hmmmmm.....
    Last edited by Fergus; 08-18-2013 at 07:43 PM.

vCash
    I'd have to go with the top 5 - Mikulak, Naddour, Dalton, Orozco, and Wynn, for 5 of the spots. I'm not sure how to decide between Legendre, Leyva, and Ruggeri for the last spot, though I think I'd just go with Paul for being so close to making the team so many times. It's tough for guys like Penev and Senters to tie for the win on vault and still not make the team (or Stannard to be 2nd on pommel), but they aren't factors on any other event so I imagine they won't make it this time.

Here's a breakdown of how many top 5 placements the contendors had-
    Mikulak- 4 (5th floor, 5th vault, 1 PB, 1 HB)
    Naddour- 2 (1st pommel, 2nd rings)
    Dalton- 3 (3rd floor, 4th rings, 4th HB)
    Orozco- 2 (2 PB, 2 HB)
    Wynn- 3 (1st rings, 4th PB, 5th HB)
    Legendre- 1 (1st floor)
    Leyva- 2 (5th PB, 3 HB)
    Ruggeri- 2 (2nd place floor, 3rd vault)
    Modi- 2 (5th place pommel, 3rd PB)
    Penev- 1 (1st place tie on vault)
    Senters- 1 (1st place tie on vault)
    Stannard- 1 (2nd place on pommel)

vCash
    Men's Sr. National Team: Dalton, Legendre, Ervin, Leyva, Mikulak, Naddour, Orozco, Wynn, Penev, Ruggeri.

vCash
    And they announced the world's team already: Dalton, Mikulak, Leyva, Naddour, Wynn, and Legendre. Alternates are Orozco, Penev, and Ruggeri.

vCash
    Picking Levya over Oroczo is quite controversial IMHO when Oroczo even beat Levya handily on his 2 best events- parallel bars and high bar. I think they picked Leyva since they figure he is still their best chance to medal on those events, along with possibly Sam who is surely doing the AA. They also figure he will keep getting better than he was here.

vCash
    Sorry for Orozco. But I am glad for his knee. And I'm not sure he would have made a final anyway.

vCash
    What is the format. Only 3 people to do each event. If so I wonder if they will use a 2nd AAer or only use Mikulak for the AA so the other guys can do more events.

vCash
    Naddour PH
    Wynn SR
    Legendre FX
    Leyva HB PB
    Dalton VT FX
    Those are their specialties,right? The only conflict I see with having 2 AA is if they go with Naddour over Dalton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesalchows View Post
    Naddour PH
    Wynn SR
    Legendre FX
    Leyva HB PB
    Dalton VT FX
    Those are their specialties,right? The only conflict I see with having 2 AA is if they go with Naddour over Dalton.
    I guess I was just thinking it would seem unfair to Naddour with how well he performed here to only get to do 1 event at Worlds but I guess those make sense. Plus pommel horse is still the only event he really has a chance to do well at Worlds on anyway. I am pretty sure Dalton will still be the 2nd AAer.

vCash
    Leyva over Orozco??

Ugh.

And sigh.

vCash
    Well Naddour would also be 1st alternate for all around if Mikulak or Dalton get injured...but yes, this whole Worlds without a team event thing is kind of silly to me in the first place.

vCash
    The U.S. men's program seems so complicated to me. Lots of points systems, percentages, secretly scored second vaults, moving a certain number of junior guys to the senior second night, etc. I don't expect them to be like the woman's program, as the men are usually older and most of them do the NCAA thing. Are other mens programs in the world like ours?

vCash
    I'm super gutted to see Orozco shafted after such a stellar night 2 of competition... although I am glad he will be able to heal up a bit before the next wave of big competitions begin.

Vacant
    vCash
    Leyva has withdrawn from the World team with a shoulder injury.

http://usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=12730&prog=

vCash
    Methinks it's a rather well-rounded team. Orozco pulled it off at Nats, but it's clear he's still not 100%. I just hope he bounces back (*no pun intended) b/c he is one the most natural AAers we've had in a while.

Leyva needs to step it up. [ETA: WHOA! Just read the news about Leyva's shoulder!!! So Orozco's in?]

Happy for Legendre, Naddour, & Wynn!

And I agree, a no Team year is rather *blerg*.

As someone said on Twitter: Thank goodness our boys don't have to fall into the clutches of Kamp Karolyi and its mysterious shenanigans.

vCash
    So maybe Orozco will end up on the team after all. Out of the alternate pool is there anyone who would best him on HB or PB?

eta: Looks like Orozco finished 2nd to Mikulak on both those events. I would take him for those and tell him to stop training vault and floor to rest his knee.
    Last edited by ilovesalchows; 08-19-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Not sure what events Leyva would have competed with that team so I suppose the alternate choice will be determined by who would be next best on the those events. If it was HB and PB then, as was mentioned, Orozco would be next in line. What's funny is that if Orozco finished 2nd on HB and PB then what in the world was Leyva doing on the team for those events? I guess he got a huge reputation boost.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    If only 3 gymnasts can compete on each event, then I would assume Orozco is the only choice. Mikulak is definitely doing every event and I would assume Dalton is as well. Lengendre is definitely doing floor I would say, so then Penev is pretty much out, I would assume. Ruggeri is also really strong on floor, so I'm not sure where he fits in.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    I would assume it would be Orozco. It really should have been Orozco in the first place. It was obvious that something was still really off for Danell so I'm not surprised he decided it was in his best interests not to go. There are more world championships in his future and, honestly, I'm guessing the most he could have done this year is hurt himself.

Meanwhile, obviously I was to see Sam win, even if he frustrated me TO DEATH with that PH fall. I'm hoping he was just thrown off by the excitement of the moment and knowing he just needed to get through the routine, because he's normally so solid (knock on wood). I'm also thrilled that Stacey Ervin made the National team. What a result for him!

I'm glad to know they aren't locked into Naddour as an AAer because of the results of the Championships. He did very well at this meet and Dalton struggled but he's the one who is really an AA threat and a medal threat on more events. So I'd expect the team to look something like:

Vault: Mikulak, Dalton, Legendre
    PBars: Mikulak, Dalton, Orozco
    HBar: Mikulak, Dalton, Orozco
    Floor: Mikulak, Dalton, Legendre
    Pommel: Mikulak, Dalton, Naddour
    Rings: Mikulak, Dalton, Wynn

I was surprised Sam didn't vault twice. I assume he still can do two different Vaults since he was the top vaulter at the Olympics, so I wonder if this was just to save his ankles. I'm guessing he'll do two at worlds?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast