Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 Michael Weiss Foundation Ice Champions Live - Sept. 15 in Laurel, MD

Sept. 15th at 4 pm - Gardens Ice House in Laurel, Maryland. Mike is working on the list of participants as we speak. If the previous years are any indication - this year's show is going to be amazing. Anyone within driving distance in the Baltimore/DC area should think about coming. Ticket info will be coming soon. I will post as soon as I know more details

vCash
    I went the past two years...it's always a great time, I enjoy watching the show and taking pictures...this location will be a bit harder for me logistically but if the cast is compelling I'll be determined to make it work and attend.

vCash
    I have a feeling that the cast is going to be QUITE compelling! Just waiting for the official word.......

vCash
    OK, I can do this, this year. Yay for the show being closer to Baltimore. Driving to The Gardens is completely do-able.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lostnfound View Post
    I have a feeling that the cast is going to be QUITE compelling! Just waiting for the official word.......
    Looking forward to the list.

Ironically this site is closer to me than the last location, but the other site was easily accessible by Metro/mass transit.

vCash
    Mike is working on the seating layout for the tickets as we speak, but it looks like the pricing points will be around $20-$50, with on-ice seating available again this year. Great deal to see some amazing skating up close and personal.

vCash
    Will there be VIP tickets as well?

vCash
    When we did a walk through of the rink last night, we discussed the VIP seating and where in the rink the meet and greet for those ticket holders could be held, so I will give a tentative yes to that question, RD, unless I hear otherwise.

vCash
    When we did a walk through of the rink last night, we discussed the VIP seating and where in the rink the meet and greet for those ticket holders could be held, so I will give a tentative yes to that question, RD, unless I hear otherwise.
    I assume you'll be in the NHL (Patrick) rink? And I'm guessing the reception will be upstairs?

vCash
    Yes, the show will be in the Patrick rink - that's the one with all the bleacher seating. There is a nice size private conference room upstairs, which should work perfectly for the private VIP reception with plenty of room for the VIP ticket holders to meet and greet with the performers. Those VIP tickets are worth every penny! Right now we are thinking that the silent auction will be down stairs in the main lobby, but the details are still being worked out for that. Mike was at the rink today checking out some more details for set up and seating - few more things to work out, but it's coming together! Great questions everyone. Keep them coming and I will try and get the answers asap.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    It's always a good show and for such a great cause. I'd really encourage everyone who can attend to go.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Turns out I have a schedule conflict -- and that's a bit far for me anyway. Guess I'm missing this one. Everyone please take lots of photos!!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Fun, spirited show. Obviously, super cause.

Will Mike be skating??

TORNADO! BRING IT!!

vCash
    I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that Mike will be one of the performers!

vCash
    Link for tickets should be available tomorrow!

vCash
    Go to http://www.michaelweiss.org/ for links to purchase tickets online - for on-ice seating as well as bleacher seating. VIP seating tickets coming soon. There's a map to see where the various seating areas are. The "box" seats listed are center ice, directly over the skaters' entrance to the rink and have a back and armrests - more comfy that your basic bleacher bench.

I got a peek at the list of participants. Mike hasn't given me the go-ahead to release it yet - but all I can say is WOW!!!!!!! Perfect lineup for an Olympic year

vCash
    Here's the confirmed cast as of today:

Adam Rippon

Ryan Bradley

Kimmie Meissner

Katia Gordeeva

Ilia Kulik

Liza Kulik

Sinead and John Kerr

Michael Brezina

Jeremy Barret and his partner

Rockne Brubaker and his new partner

Caryn Kadavy

There is the possibility of a few more BIG names......I'll let you know as soon as I do.

vCash
    VIP seating now available at online ticket site - go to http://www.michaelweiss.org/ for link to purchase tickets

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Here's the confirmed cast as of today:

Jeremy Barret and his partner

Rockne Brubaker and his new partner
    Lindsay Davis is Brubaker's new partner and I assume you mean Natalia Zaitseva, who skates with Jeremy Barrett in the Sun Valley summer ice shows.

Thanks for all the info!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Lindsay Davis is Brubaker's new partner and I assume you mean Natalia Zaitseva, who skates with Jeremy Barrett in the Sun Valley summer ice shows.

Thanks for all the info!
    I just cut and pasted from the email Mike sent me. I am sure he will include the "partners" names on the official publicity, but I wanted to get the list out there since folks were asking!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast