Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Prick Admin
    vCash
    Yes, the heptathlon is very open. And you're right about about her throwing events, particulary her shot put. It's very weak.

Could be another medal for Canada and the Eaton household though!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Yes, the heptathlon is very open. And you're right about about her throwing events, particulary her shot put. It's very weak.

Could be another medal for Canada and the Eaton household though!
    As much as I would like that to happen, I do expect Brianne to drop off a little bit in the next few events. Her throws aren't quite as strong either.
    Kyle

Prick Admin
    vCash
    After shot put, Melnichenko (UKR) leads Day (USA) by 37 points. Thiam (BEL) is a further 15 points back with Theissen-Eaton in fourth.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Bloody hell - that was the closest finish I have seen in a long time - Ohuruogu leans at the finish and snatches the gold away from Montsho in the 400m

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Christine Ohuruogu is just sensational. She almost always manages to execute her best race on the big occasion.

Slight shock in the pole vault with Raphael Holdzeppe (GER) beating Olympic champion Renaud Lavillenie (FRA). Bjorn Otto (GER) came third.

Valerie Adams (NZL) claims her fourth world title with Christina Schwanitz (GER) second and Lijao Gong (CHN) third.

Upset in the hammer throw with Pawel Fajdek (POL) beating Krisztian Pars (HUN) to gold. Lukas Melich (CZE) got bronze.

David Oliver (USA) finally wins a 110m hurdles global title, Ryan Wilson (USA) second and Sergei Shubenkov (RUS) takes a bronze for the host.

Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce (JAM) dominates 100m to retain her world title. Murielle Ahoure (CIV) wins the Ivory Coast's first world medal (?) with a silver and Pharmalita Cheater gets bronze.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    PML just watching Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce doing a post-race interview and saying that she had a pain in her "left butt cheek".

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Medals Table after Day 3:

1 United States UNITED STATES 3 2 1 6
    2 Jamaica JAMAICA 2 0 1 3
    3 Great Britain & N.I. GREAT BRITAIN & N.I. 2 0 0 2
    4 Germany GERMANY 1 2 1 4
    5 Ethiopia ETHIOPIA 1 1 1 3
    5 Kenya KENYA 1 1 1 3
    7 Russia RUSSIA 1 0 2 3
    8 Croatia CROATIA 1 0 0 1
    8 New Zealand NEW ZEALAND 1 0 0 1
    8 Poland POLAND 1 0 0 1
    11 France FRANCE 0 2 0 2
    12 Pr Of China PR OF CHINA 0 1 1 2
    13 Botswana BOTSWANA 0 1 0 1
    13 Ivory Coast IVORY COAST 0 1 0 1
    13 Hungary HUNGARY 0 1 0 1
    13 Italy ITALY 0 1 0 1
    13 Nigeria NIGERIA 0 1 0 1
    18 Canada CANADA 0 0 1 1
    18 Cuba CUBA 0 0 1 1
    18 Czech Republic CZECH REPUBLIC 0 0 1 1
    18 Spain SPAIN 0 0 1 1
    18 Japan JAPAN 0 0 1 1
    18 Serbia SERBIA 0 0 1 1

vCash
    Yay Valerie Adams wins the Shot Put medal again. But please don't bring Ostapchuk up again. Love the 100m Women's final especially that an African wins a medal there for the first time. But is Shelly-Ann clean? Jeter likely isn't and I actually love Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce but I'm not convinced shes clean either.

vCash
    I dont believe most top sprinters are clean but for those less cynical than myself there are far less reasons to suspect Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce than Jeter. She was a phenom since she was a teenager who showed continuous yet gradual improvement. She didnt suddenly have a huge spike out of nowhere at almost 30. Her build is also quite believable, and she wins mostly through great technique and great reaction to the gun in the 100 metres, while working hard to improve her speed endurance over time which now makes her even more unbeatable over 100, and a huge force now over 200 metres as well.

vCash
    Let's not forget that Fraser-Pryce failed a drug test in 2010.

Very poor attendance again today--the stadium was barely 1/3rd full.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Day 4 since finals in the women's 20km walk, pole vault, 3000m steeplechase and conclusion of the heptathlon. The men's finals are discus throw, 800m and 400m.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedySucks View Post
    Let's not forget that Fraser-Pryce failed a drug test in 2010.
    For Oxycodone, a painkiller. I'm not getting into talking about drugs here, but there is a world of difference between that and a Justin Gatlin.

vCash
    Will they have enough time to set up for the race walking event after the 5000 meter. It will be tight if the athletes are walking at world record pace...

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I think Melnichenko (UKR) has the heptathlon won as she is 120 points ahead of Schippers (NED) going into the javelin. Still think Theisen Eaton (CAN) has a great shot at a medal as her javelin is about 5m better than Schippers or Rath (GER) who is third place only 21 points ahead of the Canadian.

in the 20km walk as Elena Lashmanova (RUS) thought she had finished when she still had 400m to go and was almost caught her Anisya Kirdiapkina (RUS) at the end. It was almost a Russian sweep, but Vera Sokolova (RUS) was disqualified on entering the stadium. No Jane Saville wailing moment though. She just stormed off the track with a face like thunder. Hong Liu (CHN) ended up with bronze.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Jesse Williams (USA) and Jaroslav Baba (CZE) were the big casualties in the men's high jump qualifying.

vCash
    Top 8 going into the 800m this evening in the hepthalon:

1 Ganna Melnichenko UKR 5619 Points

2 Brianne Theisen Eaton CAN 5551 Points

3 Dafne Schippers NED 5492 Points

4 Antoinette Nana Djimou Ida FRA 5481 Points

5 Katarina Johnson-Thompson GBR 5450 Points

6 Claudia Rath GER 5444 Points

7 Sharon Day USA 5427 Points

8 Eliška Klucinová CZE 5404
    Melnichenko should have this sewn up, but the fight for the other medals could be quite tight as the girls in 5th & 6th have PBs in the 800 of 5 seconds better than 3rd & 4th. Great to see KJT nailing her long jump & improving the javelin, she's going to be another one in the line of great GB heptathletes

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I think Theisen Eaton is safe in 2nd place. She has a fairly good 800m.

I think bronze will be a battle between Rath and KJT with the edge being with the German. However, KJT has posted two PBs today so you never know. Should be exciting!

vCash
    Ohuruogu!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I think Theisen Eaton is safe in 2nd place. She has a fairly good 800m.

I think bronze will be a battle between Rath and KJT with the edge being with the German. However, KJT has posted two PBs today so you never know. Should be exciting!
    I am really impressed with Katarina's performance here - I doubt she can clinch the bronze but still should finish in the top 6 at the very least - if not higher and that can only bode well for her future. Once she improves on her throwing events she will be a serious contender for medals in the upcoming years!!

vCash
    Hooray for Ohuruogu! Glad to see that she was able to pull it off in the end. Hopefully another medal for Montsho will ease the sting of the London last year and coming fourth.

Also thrilled for Valerie Adams and New Zealand ! That woman is an absolute

Hmm, go KJT and Thiessen in Heptathlon. I underestimated Brianne and didn't expect a medal from her in the least coming here. I knew she had won Gotzis but I was hoping for another top 10, maybe top 5, to potentially be second is going to be a huge confidence booster for her.

Also near disaster this morning for Canadian men in high jump. Mike Mason failed three times at 2.22 and Drouin only made it on his third attempt at 2.29 Had both of them not made the final, that would have been a huge disappointment, with Drouin especially, but he's through and hopefully can put that out of his mind and jump like he's capable and add to his medal haul
    Kyle

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast