Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Under The Dome

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    It was interesting (strange) to listen to Big Jim tell James (Junior) that it was wrong for him to be judge and executioner. Hasn't Big James done that with two people already?

Wondered about Joe saying they were running out of food. It seems like the show has only covered a week or so, but I guess we're just seeing highlights and maybe a month has passed? I bet I have enough food in my place to last a couple of months, longer if I try to eat as little as possible. My Mom has enough to last double or triple that!

When Joe and Julia were at the mini-dome and she placed her hands on the dome and heard alter-Joe speak, she stopped there. I would have put my hands back on the dome and acquired as much info as...whatever...was willing to share with me!

Sad to see Ollie go. Leon Rippy did such a great job playing him! I think he and Big Jim are stealing the show. Dean Norris as Big Jim is a great actor. I'll have to imdb them both at some point. Wondered why Deputy Linda let James/Junior off without even a dirty look upon hearing he had just shot Ollie. Not to mention turned on her and their team. Guess she just had a hard day and wanted it to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Who was the girl at the end of the episode that they (oh so slyly) showed had a "monarch" butterfly on her shoulder?
    Was it Angie? I couldn't make it who it was (stoopid dark TV screen).
    Yes, it was Angie. She was watching Joe and Norrie talking to each other on the grass in front of their home. Not sure if the monarch butterfly on her shoulder means she might be the monarch crowned? Or is that's in reference to the future King in the egg?? I read a little bit at Wikipedia about monarch butterflies, the only thing that stood out was that they are poisonous. Not sure if they will signify anything in upcoming episodes...probably as they've been featured in three episodes now, I think.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Thanks for letting me know it was Angie! I thought it was, but my screen was so dark I couldn't tell. I'm usually totally wrong about where storylines are going, but just the way they slowly scanned across her butterfly tatoo, then the whole thing with all the butterflies a few episodes back, the butterfly tonight trying to get thru the dome, and "the monarch will be crowned" comment made me go ooohhhhh .... monarch, butterfly, something to do with whoever that girl is that I can't see on my stoopid dark TV screen!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    For the week of August 5th to 11th, Under The Dome was the second highest rated show of the week!

Tonight's episode is called "The Fourth Hand". Brief plot info from Wikipedia:

Spoiler

Brief plot info from tv.com:

Spoiler

Preview promo shown at the end of last week's episode

Sneak Peak scene from tonight's episode

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I am not sure how this show could last for two seasons at the rate they are killing off the town people.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I think I'm about done with Dome. I forgot it was on last night...then managed to catch the last half...and found I didn't really care much about the characters or the story line.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I'm still watching, but now it's more background while I'm doing other things. the 4 hands/keys thing is ok, but the new chick *who has been in the dome the whole time but no one has seen her until today* is a total dud. The sexeeee entrance with Big Jim and Barbie was dumb. Although the "you're both pretty" line was probably the best writing the show has had so far (it's a low bar, I know)

But I just wanna know the end of it all in the next month or so. Post-apocalyptic tales get dull when it just becomes every day
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    What do people think about Junior at this point? What if he's not a 100% whackjob and maybe understands things more than others. It'll be interesting if he actually turns out to be a good guy and has been protecting Angie all along. Not sure what's going to happen with this part of the story!

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I'm still watching, but now it's more background while I'm doing other things. the 4 hands/keys thing is ok, but the new chick *who has been in the dome the whole time but no one has seen her until today* is a total dud. The sexeeee entrance with Big Jim and Barbie was dumb. Although the "you're both pretty" line was probably the best writing the show has had so far :
    I loved the four hands thing. Can't figure out who the fourth will be. Doubt it's Joe's buddy...maybe the radio station lady who has an aversion to Joe and Norrie? That could make things pretty interesting! I like Maxine, she's tough and smart and I like how she stole the show from the two alpha males. And the "Girls...girls...you're both PRETTY..." line was CLASSIC!!

Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    I ... found I didn't really care much about the characters or the story line.
    Interesting, I think the characters are the best part of the show. I like pretty much everyone. I like the younger cast, Angie and Norrie are two highlights. Well-written young female characters unlike Charlie on Revolution. There's actually nobody on the show who I don't enjoy. We're all supposed to hate Big Jim, but I keep giving him a chance...wonder if that's because the actor is doing such a good job of not letting us write him off.

Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I am not sure how this show could last for two seasons at the rate they are killing off the town people.
    I think we've seen somewhere between one and two hundred people so far. And there's probably that many under the dome that we haven't seen yet. So with a few deaths each episode, the show could probably go for a few hundred episodes. But I expect as things settle down, there will be less deaths.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I was bored until they revealed the 4th hand. So now I'm interested again.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I loved the four hands thing. Can't figure out who the fourth will be. Doubt it's Joe's buddy...maybe the radio station lady who has an aversion to Joe and Norrie? That could make things pretty interesting!
    I am thinking it is Junior. After seeing the connections with his Mom's art and the pink stars thing. Besides that would be a 2 guys, 2 girls thing.
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I am thinking it is Junior. After seeing the connections with his Mom's art and the pink stars thing. Besides that would be a 2 guys, 2 girls thing.
    That reminds me - what was the deal with Junior's mom's art looking like it was done by a 3rd grader? Yeah, I know that is probably some specific artsy style, and I can't draw a stick person with a ruler, but it just made me laugh. Oh, here's comes some fantastic realistic art...... and it looks like the stuff they do in rehab or something. I don't know..............

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    That reminds me - what was the deal with Junior's mom's art looking like it was done by a 3rd grader? Yeah, I know that is probably some specific artsy style, and I can't draw a stick person with a ruler, but it just made me laugh. Oh, here's comes some fantastic realistic art...... and it looks like the stuff they do in rehab or something. I don't know..............
    My thoughts exactly!!

Although, they did say she was talking crazy at the end.
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Wasn't Julia quite in love with her husband? So what am I missing with her hooking up with Barbie so quickly? Not that I blame her as he is gorgeous! But it seemed to have moved so quickly. Maybe the relationship had problems and she was hanging on...and when she found out he was not only into gambling as well as debt as well as abandoning her (she thinks) that all this allowed her to let him go. And maybe the traumatic nature of the whole dome thing made her need someone really bad...and there was Barbie. I also wondered if he was going to come clean to her at the end of the last episode, even if it meant her throwing him out...just so that he didn't have to live under Maxine's blackmail.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    That reminds me - what was the deal with Junior's mom's art looking like it was done by a 3rd grader?
    I can't remember if something specific was said, but when Big Jim and Junior were talking about their wife/mother, it sounded like she was experiencing hardships towards the end of her life. So maybe she was dealing with a mental illness and was put into a home? They did artwork there and maybe she was reverting back to a childlike state?

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    That's a good guess. How come I didn't think of that??

vCash
    Thinking that I need to read the book. Books are always so much better than the movies or TV shows upon which they are based. Yeah, I understand that most times you can't do the book exactly and so "poetic license" is used but there have been times when the movie/TV show does the book no favours.
    Crazy about sports!

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Thinking that I need to read the book. Books are always so much better than the movies or TV shows upon which they are based. Yeah, I understand that most times you can't do the book exactly and so "poetic license" is used but there have been times when the movie/TV show does the book no favours.
    I never, never, never read the book until after the tv show/movie comes out and I've seen it if I can at all help it. It just ruins the movie/tv show to have read the book 99.99999% of the time.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    MARE WINNINGHAM!!! Mare Winningham..........??? She can't be gone already... Didn't get how her last scene ended. If Big Jim wanted her gone, he could have made that happen. Unless he wanted her to live and send a message to Maxine? Surely Maxine's Mom can just float on her back and kick her legs until she reaches shore?

I was so glad that Barbie came clean to Julia because after everything that happened under the cement factory, I was thinking, "snap that b****'s neck"!!! It's so much better that he fessed up and now they can move on without Maxine having power over him. I actually really liked that scene. I was waiting for Julia to scream and kick Barbie out and have it all be melodramatic. Instead, she had figured everything out and had come to the decision that with the lives they are now living, she can't go it alone and found somebody who helps strangers to be her partner. I appreciated the subtley and thoughtfulness of this whole scene.

Two other moments I liked:

When Joe said, "It's a chrysalis" and Norrie rolled her eyes for a second, but then let that pass and smiled at him as if to say, "what a geek...but I like it!"

And when Agatha (Mare Winningham) stared down Big Jim with her rifle and said, "Maxine didn't learn to be who she is by her Father..."

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    that Fight Club scene was idiotic to the max(ine).

Too bad we couldn't have Maxine die and keep Mare Winningham.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Yeah, my first thought was that we haven't seen the last of Agatha. I mean, you don't get Mare Winningham to play a part and then kill her off after 30 minutes.
    Creating drama!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    What the hell was the deal with the fight club stuff? I didn't understand that at all.

I don't think Agatha will drown either. She could just roll over on her back and start kicking for shore. I think he did that to send a message to Maxine.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    Yeah, my first thought was that we haven't seen the last of Agatha. I mean, you don't get Mare Winningham to play a part and then kill her off after 30 minutes.
    as i said that, she took her last breath

i dont know what she got paid but her price per minute could be pretty high
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I hadn't thought of Agatha making it. But, I hope she does. The whole fight club thing is just weird. For anyone who read the book, was it in the book? Add me to those who like that Julia came to terms with Barbie and what happened. A little depth there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast